PDA

View Full Version : Rapishare and NTL

Paradox26
13-06-2006, 00:50
Basically I cant download anything because

You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL[no, ntl in this case], try a different browser.

Im guessing the proxies are doing this. Is there any bypass method I could use to get my file?

TIA

patrickp
13-06-2006, 01:07
The site may be having trouble distinguishing between your actual IP and the IP of your transparent proxy.

This is basically a problem with the download site, not your ntl connection - although it would be much more satisfactory if ntl stopped using proxies...

Graham M
13-06-2006, 01:43
Yeah its a mixture of lazy coding and greediness on Rapidshare's part

darkone338
13-06-2006, 13:26
only way is to buy a subscription..

nemesis01
13-06-2006, 15:28
I find it helps to switch between proxy servers, using none it is very rare anything will download but using an ntl proxy does the job 90% of the time.

jtwn
13-06-2006, 15:38
Rubbish site...they are fully aware of the 'issue' but you have to pay to be able to download. Avoid rapidshare.

Chrysalis
13-06-2006, 20:23
agree and I find it very annoying people use it for tiny files as well, most isps offer some form of free webspace which can be used for small file downloads without that rubbish that comes with rapidshare and imageshack.

James Henry
14-06-2006, 02:20
I would describe this not as an 'issue' but as 'working as intended'.

Complain to the ISP that forces you through the pointless proxies to be honest, they obviously aren't that transparent if the other side can see them.

The code to see real IP addresses is clearly already in place otherwise Rapidshare wouldn't be able to tell the two different IPs, real one and proxy.

I would imagine that the site is coded this way to avoid people playing games with proxies and download managers and whoring bandwidth. I might be wrong but that's the only thing that comes to mind.

Rapidshare have nearly always been excellent in my experience, very very fast indeed most of the time - 2MB/s or more.

It is amusing when people are calling a site that is used by tens of millions rubbish because their ISP implements its' network in a way which isn't entirely compatible. The rest of us not on ntl are fine tyvm, and enjoying this 'rubbish' site's 45Gbps of bandwidth and 360TB of storage. I'd suggest it's the ISP that's rubbish for not implementing caching properly, or implementing it at all even, not the site.

Chrysalis
14-06-2006, 10:04
well its not very fast when you have to wait for a download counter to click go and thats after pressing agree on a couple of screens :)

IanUK
14-06-2006, 10:44
Since the proxies were turned off here I can use Rapidshare fine, and when the 'free' allocation for my ip ends I just fire up Firefox and use Proxyswitch with a large list of NTL proxies and it works fine.

Nothing wrong with Rapidshare, just another example of NTL users being penalised due to their ISP's crap network management.

JediMaster
14-06-2006, 13:02
Rubbish site... Avoid rapidshare.

It really annoys me when people like yourself trash Rapidshare. I think they are amazing, they were one of the first Mass Free Hosters & the C/Pann for Premium Users is AWESOME. They kep your file online forever (as long as you have a Account)

I paid for 5GB (something like $15) back last year.. It was not Monthly fee, so it lasted a long time. Then they added a Monthly Fee & as I use it a LOT :D I get Free Points. So far 7 Months Free & I've created about 10+ Free Accounts for my Friends.

I have NTL & had no trouble. I recomend Premium Rapid to ANYONE. + their RapidGet Free Download is COOL :cool:

Rapidshare have nearly always been excellent in my experience, very very fast indeed most of the time - 2MB/s or more.

:tu: I Agree

McDave
14-06-2006, 13:41
Don't forget that Rapidshare is free and by useing their service its costing them money, its because some of those users pay for premium accounts that its still running.

Anyway if you don't want to pay there is another way. Its called Universal Share Downloader, all that is required is a list of proxys. It works on Rapidshare, Megaupload and a bunch of others. It will work though a list of proxys until it comes accross one with no bandwidth limit. All you have to do is enter the number for the picture.

Edit: I would also like to add that Rapidshare is frickin brill, I love it.

c@tbyte
14-06-2006, 13:43
well its not very fast when you have to wait for a download counter to click go and thats after pressing agree on a couple of screens :)

Try paying for it. Then you'll see how good it is.
Two clicks and your in, (at full speed.)

JediMaster
14-06-2006, 14:55
Try paying for it. Then you'll see how good it is.
Two clicks and your in, (at full speed.)

Not Even 2 Click...... I have Enabled the Direct Link on the Permium Rapid. So you can Click on links on Forum & it brings up the "Save As Box"

James Henry
14-06-2006, 16:09
It really annoys me when people like yourself trash Rapidshare. I think they are amazing, they were one of the first Mass Free Hosters & the C/Pann for Premium Users is AWESOME. They kep your file online forever (as long as you have a Account)

I paid for 5GB (something like $15) back last year.. It was not Monthly fee, so it lasted a long time. Then they added a Monthly Fee & as I use it a LOT :D I get Free Points. So far 7 Months Free & I've created about 10+ Free Accounts for my Friends.

I have NTL & had no trouble. I recomend Premium Rapid to ANYONE. + their RapidGet Free Download is COOL :cool:

:tu: I Agree

BTW I was talking MegaBYTES/second not bits, I've pulled nearly 5MByte/s from there... and that without a premium account!

HUSHI4
14-06-2006, 20:30
Basically I cant download anything because

You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL[no, ntl in this case], try a different browser.

Im guessing the proxies are doing this. Is there any bypass method I could use to get my file?

TIA

rapid is the best get a premium acont

bdav
14-06-2006, 21:22
Use firefox, get switchproxy (if you dont allready have it - invaluable for when NTL proxys go haywire). Find a list of proxys on the web, and create a new anonymous profile on switchproxy. Set it to change every 30s, then try rapidshare. If it gives you the same err, try again in 30s.

dragon
16-06-2006, 00:07
Use firefox, get switchproxy (if you dont allready have it - invaluable for when NTL proxys go haywire). Find a list of proxys on the web, and create a new anonymous profile on switchproxy. Set it to change every 30s, then try rapidshare. If it gives you the same err, try again in 30s.

naa pickup this list http://www.fbdragon.co.uk/external/hosted/dragon/stuff/NTL-proxies.txt (you want to right click and save the txt file)

pickup this program

http://www.rapget.com/en/index.html

set it to use the proxy list for rotation, and set hte retrys to something like 9999 and the retry new proxy after 1 failed attempt.
it might also be an idea to set the retry delay to something like 30seconds or so.

why go though all the hastle of going though trying it from each proxy your self when you can have a program do it for you ;)

ive not tryed it with rapidshare yet as i had a premium account but it definatly works for megaupload

nffc
16-06-2006, 00:24
Rapget is leet, i have just got that (but I won't reveal the site cos the Mods will kill it)

McDave
16-06-2006, 01:38
I would agree that Rapidget is good, I like the way it changes proxys very quickly. Is there a way to make it skip a proxy if the time till it works is over 5min (other than doing it manually)?

Paradox26
16-06-2006, 02:18
RapGet is amazing! Thanks its sorted my probs.

dragon
16-06-2006, 08:54
RapGet is amazing! Thanks its sorted my probs.

yes i agree, Ironicly I ended up finding it becuase flashget kept loosing the premium cookie and rapidshares own offical downloader wouldnt download anything, it would just sit there on getting link... (or something simular) :rolleyes:

Matth
19-06-2006, 00:26
http://rapidshare.de/cgi-bin/freeaccount.cgi - be lucky, it seems they run some every day, - a free 2 day premium account, great for downloading all those "linux distros".