PDA

View Full Version : My connection's gone dead somehow, please help

stuart20
12-06-2006, 21:26
I'm posting from a friend's house.

My telewest connection has gone dead and no matter how often i reset my surfboard modem, it stops connecting at the online light and flashes, with some activity, but the Online LED is not solid like it should be.

Anyone got an idea? I've looked that the service status and there's nothing for my area.

Cheers for any help :(

Graham M
12-06-2006, 21:38
:welcome:! Have you disturbed any of the cables?

stuart20
12-06-2006, 21:44
cheers zeph!

maybe, but everything's been taken out and put back in securely and rebooted etc.

Just goes from no lights to 3 with the online flashing and a little bit of activity when i plug it into the wireless router

bdav
12-06-2006, 21:47
Can you get a management page like on the NTL modems? I think its the gateway IP address if you look in your router status page

stuart20
12-06-2006, 21:50
i don't think there's any activity getting through at all. what would be the ip?

Graham M
12-06-2006, 22:01
http://192.168.100.1

try that?

TW_BUS_DATA_TECH
12-06-2006, 22:20
Online flashing indicates an account issue or larger DHCP issue. The online light also flashes if there is a disconnect order put on the account by collections.

If there are no non payments on your account then a simple hit from ICOMS to the cable modem should sort it out but you're gonna need to call faults,

Good luck

Pø†øƒGøLÐ
13-06-2006, 08:22
I had this happen on the Friday evening of Bank Hols weekend - after calling Telewest they told me it would be off for 4 days (grrr....). Nothing ever appeared on the status page (kept asking friends to check), and after losing patience from 16hrs offline I called again and they did something following which it came back on about half hour later.

It might be worth checking what work is going on in your area - apparently the initial problem with mine was local roadworks, followed by some other fault (they were pretty vague and it sounded like they really didn't know).

No internet is like losing my right arm :shocked:

stuart20
13-06-2006, 17:03
Well, called them today and they're coming on thursday. Just as well i'm not desperate!

Cheers for the help. i'll check your advice too!

Diadem
14-06-2006, 16:52
yes online lights on the surfboards are normals network issues TBH.
there are odd ocations where its needs a tech. did the guy you spoke to contact the 2nd line support befor booking the tech?

stuart20
15-06-2006, 13:10
Well, they came and gave us a new modem. looks like the modem just decided to stop communicating. i wasn't in when the guy came to fix it so i never heard his opinion. anyway, it's fixed and thanks for the help guys!