PDA

View Full Version : Modem Rebooting

bywater
12-06-2006, 19:08
:confused: I'm having a strange but annoying problem trying to acess certain parts of the bbc website. I can no longer connect to bbc weather or my local bbc Coventry. Everytime I try to connect to these sites my modem reboots and I lose my connection. Nearly all others sites are fine apart from the odd one but bbc weather and bbc coventry seem to be the main culprit. Its really annoying as I don't have acess to my local evening news or weather broadcasts anymore. I tested over and over again so it is no coincidence that I lose my connection when trying to acess these parts of the bbc website as I can recreate the problem 100% by clicking on these sites or links. As anyone else come across this problem or know a fix for it ? Who do I contact BBC or NTL or both. I doubt very much they will talk to each other over the problem.:confused:

AbyssUnderground
12-06-2006, 19:40
I think this has been a problem before but Im not sure who was to blame.

As a workaround you could try using a webproxy, www.proxify.com is good but is frequently "subscribers only" but you can give it a go. That might stop the reboots.

Crimson King
12-06-2006, 22:43
I've had this problem for a few months now. I thought it was just me but that does not appear to be the case.

It started off just being the BBC weather page but now it is the main BBC page as well, but not all the time as it will sometimes load ok (but not very often). When it doesn't work, it starts to load the page as the IE title bar has the BBC title but then it stops, about 15 seconds later the modem (Motorola SB4100) starts to reboot. The page eventually loads but it does not have any formatting which makes me think that it is something to do with loading the css file. If you refresh the page it comes up ok.

Ntl checked the modem a few months back when I had a different problem and I mentioned the modem rebooting when accessing BBC pages but they couldn't find any problems with the modem so I thought it was just me.

Web-Junkie
13-06-2006, 22:43
Same happened to me using a 10mb NIC straight to a SB4100 SACM, but since installing a 10/100mb NIC and a router to share internet with my Bro I've had no modem reboots whatsoever.