PDA

View Full Version : NTL bills -

wobbs
03-12-2003, 22:01
quick one
if Ntl send out a bill and you are on holiday never mind it didnt arrive due to a postal strike before i went on holiday and then you receive another bill with that one appended does that superceed the first one

and thus mean you have in effect 14 days to pay the bill ( taking into account sending a check on the day you receive the bill )

I have a
been cut off

told it will take upto 14 days for my acount to be re activated as the check takes 14 days to clear in ntls system

woudl anyone be kind enough to to check a call recoding as im sure the lad i spoke to said ******** when i point out something to him - and his undeling stated it was her coughing - i need someone to check this as the lad was a little sh7t to be frank and very very cocky - his attitude got my back up

any help would be much appreciated

replies to r0b@yahoo.com

( on my mates PC if your wondering how i have posted )

I have also been told until i pay in full the amouint ( which btw I have been geting incorredtly billed for services I dont have over billed for 8 months ) I have no issue with paying what I have used or have )

frankley i would rather burn £600 than give another penny to ntl - 2 years of hell is enough for me

I have had £100 in refunds over 2 years because they have cocked so many things up - are they trying to get this back ;)

cheers

wobbs

deedee
03-12-2003, 22:23
When a payment is carried over to the next bill due to non payment of that amount, the due date on the latest bill relates only to current charges. There is usually small print which indicates this & says that any overdue charges are due immediately.
Don't know about being charged for what you don't have as you don't go into details...

wobbs
02-01-2004, 23:21
its all got too much - ive cancelled 4 december

they have confirmed this and everything went off on the 4th december

I said ok send me the bill for the phone as its would arive as part of the december bill

I havent heard jack - exept a threatening letter on the 16 december regarding payment in full for december s bill ( i phoned ntl accounts anbd spoke to some one who assured me that the service was cancelled on the 4th Decemebr and as i was out of contract I was not liable for the 1 month notice ( this was confimed on the 3rd december as well )
?I was promised a return call on the 16th - have I heard anything - no

I now have a new Bt number - DSL ( pipex ) and a dead ntl box - if they dont respond to my letter in the next 7 days the box goes in the bin

as they said

a they would call me back re any call cost outstanding and to arrange for collection of the STB box ( thewy have my mobile number as i have ditched the ntl one )

ok and as a side not as i had cancelled my service - I have therefore revoked the wayleave agreement and can you remove the cable - sorry sir we are a utility and we can leave it in - but if you want you can remove it yourself - hmm where are my wire cutters ( I can see the headlines - child falls over cable co shoddy infrastructure left in pavement )

I may alternativly take bids on how far i can throw the STB - any one for a pound on 30 ft

so its nice to be free from them after 2 years of hell - ok so the £100 plus in refunds of set the cost but i have never had to deal with such incompetance in my life ( i could have coped with second rate ) but £600 + a year to be fobbed of month in month out over incorrect bills - NO bills and cut of for not paying a bill I never received is to far ) ( this happened twice btw ) over 4 months
the previos 4 they billed me for about anything they could think off at the time

DSL may be slower but its a lot more stable and if and when i get a problem

a - I know I wont get an ex tiler round to install
b show an engineer how to open a dos box and do a ping test
c - accept some one telling me a weeks loss of everything is acceptable ( and still be expected to pay )
d wont be getting bills with stuff on i havent had

e - get a bill on time

F - actually trust the comapnies i now have service's with to have pay via DD

G regain some of the colour in my hair -

F - not have to be lied to month in month out by ****wits - who wouldnt now which end of a brush to hold bever mind talk about getting issues resolved without resorting to a screen of questions and despite being informed that - looking under my desk at my PC to see if the lights are flashing - is a waste of my F%Gking time - argh enough ill be here allnight

happy new year everyone btw - im off the pub

grum1978
03-01-2004, 10:42
its all got too much - ive cancelled 4 december

they have confirmed this and everything went off on the 4th december

I said ok send me the bill for the phone as its would arive as part of the december bill

I havent heard jack - exept a threatening letter on the 16 december regarding payment in full for december s bill ( i phoned ntl accounts anbd spoke to some one who assured me that the service was cancelled on the 4th Decemebr and as i was out of contract I was not liable for the 1 month notice ( this was confimed on the 3rd december as well )
?I was promised a return call on the 16th - have I heard anything - no

I now have a new Bt number - DSL ( pipex ) and a dead ntl box - if they dont respond to my letter in the next 7 days the box goes in the bin

as they said

a they would call me back re any call cost outstanding and to arrange for collection of the STB box ( thewy have my mobile number as i have ditched the ntl one )

ok and as a side not as i had cancelled my service - I have therefore revoked the wayleave agreement and can you remove the cable - sorry sir we are a utility and we can leave it in - but if you want you can remove it yourself - hmm where are my wire cutters ( I can see the headlines - child falls over cable co shoddy infrastructure left in pavement )

I may alternativly take bids on how far i can throw the STB - any one for a pound on 30 ft

so its nice to be free from them after 2 years of hell - ok so the £100 plus in refunds of set the cost but i have never had to deal with such incompetance in my life ( i could have coped with second rate ) but £600 + a year to be fobbed of month in month out over incorrect bills - NO bills and cut of for not paying a bill I never received is to far ) ( this happened twice btw ) over 4 months
the previos 4 they billed me for about anything they could think off at the time

DSL may be slower but its a lot more stable and if and when i get a problem

a - I know I wont get an ex tiler round to install
b show an engineer how to open a dos box and do a ping test
c - accept some one telling me a weeks loss of everything is acceptable ( and still be expected to pay )
d wont be getting bills with stuff on i havent had

e - get a bill on time

F - actually trust the comapnies i now have service's with to have pay via DD

G regain some of the colour in my hair -

F - not have to be lied to month in month out by ****wits - who wouldnt now which end of a brush to hold bever mind talk about getting issues resolved without resorting to a screen of questions and despite being informed that - looking under my desk at my PC to see if the lights are flashing - is a waste of my F%Gking time - argh enough ill be here allnight

happy new year everyone btw - im off the pub

To be honest I can't see how you can't be liable for a months notice its not something ntl in my experience would ever waiver, be warned I think you will be charged for the months notice :shrug:

Your comment in 'e' abt bills not arriving on time is hardly fisr when in your first post you say it was due to a postal stike unless you think other companies are not affected by such things?!?!

threadbare
03-01-2004, 11:16
wobbs - w.r.t the STB - that belongs to ntl not you. the can and will charge you for the cost of the STB if it is deliberately damaged or "lost"

wobbs
03-01-2004, 18:33
wobbs - w.r.t the STB - that belongs to ntl not you. the can and will charge you for the cost of the STB if it is deliberately damaged or "lost"

I recieved another threatening bill this morning for January up to £166 now for a service i no longer have

they have no record of my phone call on the 18 th - despite the fact i have the idiot in credit controlls FULL name I spoke to

NTLs incompetance keeps on upping its anti on a weekly basis

I dont want the box I will start charging rent on the fecking thing shortly if its not picked up

can any one help me on this it is getting beyond a joke now

next call is to oftel - i am being hounded and threatened for a service i no longer have ( as I have said confirmed numerouse times that i have cancelled the service )

the lot was shut down on the 4th ( nothing nada no terrestial 1 2 3 4 or 5 ) no phone no broadband

it has been confirmed I cancelled the serivice ( 3 times)
it has been confirmed i am not liable for the month cancellation 3 times
they have no idea what the amount i owe actually is
they keep telling me ignore the bills its down to the computer
I now have to ring disconnections on monday - I sorted this on the 3 and 4 december and with a supposed manager - in credit control ( who has failed to call me back Twice re the outstanding phone bill

what do I have to do to get NTL out of my life -

all I want is the cost of the fecking phone calls for november - but they cant figure that out

they agree i have paid novembers bill and the money was cleared on he 3rd december ( confirmed 3 times - but they instist i still owe them the same amount ( ok for what ( you F8cking retards) I ask - answer we dont now - ( no kidding ) is the answer

speak to disconnections ( arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

and the cycle goes on again

im in true NTHELL

I have had the service over 2 years ( cant believe i stuck with it that long to be honest - NTL - disconnections department comment - your out of contract so you can be disconnected straight away without penalty

Maggy
03-01-2004, 18:59
Can ANYONE sort wobbs out?Finally,once and for all?Frankly if I had half the trouble he seems to have had I would be throwing the STB too.

Incog.

paulyoung666
03-01-2004, 19:06
Can ANYONE sort wobbs out?Finally,once and for all?Frankly if I had half the trouble he seems to have had I would be throwing the STB too.

Incog.

might be right , might be wrong but i think there is more to this than meets the eye :) , mind you i would be glad to be proved wrong :tu:

wobbs
03-01-2004, 20:00
might be right , might be wrong but i think there is more to this than meets the eye :) , mind you i would be glad to be proved wrong :tu:

like what - im lying - i coulndt make this sh^t up if my life depended on it ( i bet your one of the CSR i ve spoken to who thinks everyopne who calls does it because they have nothing better to do or is an ar^e and just after refunds and shouldnt be allows to use your wonderful NTL ) - i would be glad to be proved wrong ( sorry coulnt resit ;)

my friend i havent covered half of the woe i have had - ( trust me on this )

mail me on wobbsxp@hotmail.com if anyone can help me

nuff said of to watch LOTR 3

Russ
03-01-2004, 20:26
Wobbs - settle down!! Try getting in touch with one of these (http://www.ntli.info/index.php?page=index_v2&id=19&c=18) lovely peeps - be polite but firm and let us know how it goes :)

paulyoung666
03-01-2004, 20:44
like what - im lying - i coulndt make this sh^t up if my life depended on it ( i bet your one of the CSR i ve spoken to who thinks everyopne who calls does it because they have nothing better to do or is an ar^e and just after refunds and shouldnt be allows to use your wonderful NTL ) - i would be glad to be proved wrong ( sorry coulnt resit ;)

my friend i havent covered half of the woe i have had - ( trust me on this )

mail me on wobbsxp@hotmail.com if anyone can help me

nuff said of to watch LOTR 3

fair play my mate , no harm done , like i said i hope i am proved wrong , you did read my post didnt you :) , btw im not one of the CSR , i just wonder how it can be so bad for you , anyway i hope you get sorted with Russ's help :)

wobbs
04-01-2004, 11:51
cheers gents didnt mean to burn any one jusy getting tired of having to deal month in month out with NTL ( hence why i cancelled ) sorry just my good natured sarcasm ( honest govenor ) getting the better of me

( which btw - i dont use over a phone - Id never get anywhere would i )

peace all - russ i will look into the contacts thanks

Wobbs

Just notifed simon duffy - im sure he used to work in Orange - may send him a mail from my work e mail account that would get his attention

bowza
04-01-2004, 16:24
Wobbs,
I have got to ask this , sorry m8.
Have you done anything in writing to NTL or just phone calls, and have they sent you anything written. This may help others to understand how to deal with the large companies of this world.

wobbs
05-01-2004, 14:23
yes allways put it in writing and make sure that it is recorded delivery

( which I havent done co incidentally ) letter nunber 3 ( if i do have to send another one ) will be though

I have just spoken to Alan Grant -north west business unit he has promised to get back to me this afternoon

he seemed like a reasonable chap

wobbs
09-01-2004, 17:30
Well

I have a happy ending

I would like to thank the office of Mr Grant for resolving this issue

I have received both a box colletion card and a final demand ( but was told this has crossed in the post and my account is completly closed with no charges outstanding

Thanks to russ for pointing me in the right direction - if only NTL could have been like this with my other issues

Take care all - off to ADSL WOE - hehehe only kidding ( i hope )

Wobbs

Maggy
09-01-2004, 20:51
Well

I have a happy ending

I would like to thank the office of Mr Grant for resolving this issue

I have received both a box colletion card and a final demand ( but was told this has crossed in the post and my account is completly closed with no charges outstanding

Thanks to russ for pointing me in the right direction - if only NTL could have been like this with my other issues

Take care all - off to ADSL WOE - hehehe only kidding ( i hope )

Wobbs

Well do come back if it goes pearshaped again.Even if we can't help it does put pressure on NTL....eventually.

Incog.