PDA

View Full Version : Mail delivery problem

Escapee
07-06-2006, 19:23
I have had numerous problems with mail delivery that have got worse over the past years or so. First of all we used to get letters for the house behind us, presumably because they postman was too lazy to walk there.

Next of all the council purchased the house next door and blocked up the letter box because it was empty, that resulted in huge amounts of the previous neghbours letters being posted through my box. The postman always walks up the street and my house was first so he would push them through my letter box.

The other problem has been letters for a business about half a mile away coming here, I normally get one or two a week even though they are correctly addressed with the correct postcode for the business they are supposed to go to. I have ripped a few open accidently, the business is an agency so they sometimes contain cheques fro thousands of pounds to pay the agency for the agency workers. Their address is the company name and XYZ house, my address happens to have XYZ Bungalow in it, but the postcode is not easily mixed up.

The latest situation, I noticed when I came back from Canada on the weekend. I noticed straight away there was no mail waiting on the mat. I thought it was a little odd, so on monday I posted a letter to myself from about 10 miles away, and yesterday posted one from a similar town in the opposite direction.

So far none of these letterd have turned up!

I just wonder if the postman has decided not to bother walking up my driveway, and is throwing them away instead. I am sure the Gas bill is way overdue, its the only one I dont have on DD.

I am thinking about sending myself a recorded delivery letter tomorrow to see if that gets here.:mad:

Anyone else had similar problems?

Kliro
08-06-2006, 15:07
We get all types of variations of letters through, from the same house number on about 10 different roads, and then some ones which would be impossible to confuse for our mail.

We've complained, but as there seems to be a new postman every other day, it makes little or no difference :(

Sadly the mails very hit and miss now - we had someone send a bithday card inside anouther envelope so they didnt rip it open looking for money. The big brown envelope was ripped open, and the card envelope had been neatly cut across the top - it arrived in a bag which claimed the sorting machine had been able to magically open two envelopes and crumple a cheque up.

I'd say your best bet is to complain, and see if anything at all happens.

Good luck :tu:

Escapee
08-06-2006, 19:16
We get all types of variations of letters through, from the same house number on about 10 different roads, and then some ones which would be impossible to confuse for our mail.

We've complained, but as there seems to be a new postman every other day, it makes little or no difference :(

Sadly the mails very hit and miss now - we had someone send a bithday card inside anouther envelope so they didnt rip it open looking for money. The big brown envelope was ripped open, and the card envelope had been neatly cut across the top - it arrived in a bag which claimed the sorting machine had been able to magically open two envelopes and crumple a cheque up.

I'd say your best bet is to complain, and see if anything at all happens.

Good luck :tu:

I doubt if I am alone with problems, I did have a go at the postman last year for leaving next doors letters here. I ended up leaving them all out on the front doorstep everytime he left them, I know that sounds bad but my personal obligation/conscience only stretches so far.

I am sick to death of dropping letters through the box of this company while on my way to work, if I get some more I will make a point of visiting them to explain the situation. Perhaps I should tell them I am thinking of opening an account with the same name, to cash all the cheques!

I had two letters today, still no sign of the ones I sent myself though.:mad: