PDA

View Full Version : What did you do today?

Russ
03-12-2003, 17:45
As the question asked - what have you done today? What was your routine today?

Ramrod
03-12-2003, 17:50
Got up etc...
Took son to playgroup
Bottled beer :D
Lunch
Went to work
Had dinner
Still working........

....and you Russ?

Marge
03-12-2003, 17:53
Got up
Came to work
Still working :erm:

Mick
03-12-2003, 17:59
Get up
Have a bath.
Read newspaper.
Browse internet.
Loose temper with STB.
Phone a friend.
Listen to a few MP3's
Go shopping.
Browse internet.
Submit this very post. :)

bopdude
03-12-2003, 18:00
WEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL seeing as you asked, I got up at 4 this morning drove from stockton on tees to chard ( summerset.. ish ) approx 330 miles, did 20 mins work ( start to finish ) then turned around and drove back. Total time 11 hours 45 mins :

Knackered>going to pub with gf>drinks and dinner> home to :sleep: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

ic14
03-12-2003, 18:02
Got up (with a thumping headache)
Took some asprin
Went shopping
Came home and went on xbox live
went on my pc and surfed the net

Atomic22
03-12-2003, 18:07
up at 3 to feed baby
up at 5 to give 5 year old cough medicine
up at 6.30 for real
wash etc
quick cuppa
cycle to work
4pm cycle home
feed and muckout horse
eat tea
feed baby and get her to sleep
switch pc on 6.05pm.....

Exulus
03-12-2003, 18:09
Got up.
Went to college in the morning till 10.30 (physics!).
Came back, played topspin with a friend, watched a bit of the office on dvd.
internet.
Had lunch.
more internet, mp3s, chatting on msn etc.
Went and got christmas tree + other goodies :D
More topsin, this time on career mode.
posting this and now off to dinner!

Stuart W
03-12-2003, 18:16
Got up @ 7:00, got kids ready for school
9:00 my mate picked me up and took me to his company.
spent a while on his website and showing him how to upload via FTP.
15:00 came home and got kids from school.
17:00 got on PC and played BF1942
18:00 browsing internet, catching up on forums.

Riviting stuff eh?

Bifta
03-12-2003, 18:28

Got up at 9, made a cup of coffee, drained the lizard, wandered up to my office, spent 8 hours finishing off a customised search engine, made a couple of phone calls, made dinner for my mrs, she's having a kip for an hour after work so now I'm here, well, actually I'm not as I'm going to play X2.

Florence
03-12-2003, 18:33
up at 6am
made pack lunches cooked breakfest
Got the family up 7.30am
took son to school 8.15am
Took antibiotics and fell asleep until 2.30
Went to collect son/daughter from school.
collected mother arrived home at 3.05
switched pc on
5.30 cooked tea
6.30 back on here

today was an easy day normally I would have been in work all day on sick until monday then if all goes well only 2 weeks to xmas hols.

Paul
03-12-2003, 18:36
7:30 am Woke up
8:25 am Got up
9:15 am Went to work
[am/pm] Work & meetings
5:45 pm Got home
6:00 pm Had tea
6:40 pm Off out to Forest match.

Chris
03-12-2003, 18:53
7.45 Son wakes up
Got him up, passed to mum for morning feed
Left them in bed while I had a shower
Out to work at 8.30
Straight to office canteen to get some toast
Up to desk, help with department's morning news clippings exercise - read Independent and Telegraph
Quick look at nthw
Emailed intranet page update to head office mailing list
Investigated possible 'house style' changes to our plc website
Reviewed and approved work published by other editors
Addressed ongoing problem with part of our intranet with Developer; agreed timescale for 'fix'
Lunch with a cup-a-soup and more nthw
More of the same all afternoon
Signed departmental Christmas cards
Left for home at 5.10
Home just before 6
Ran bath for son
Fixed an error in titles of friend's wedding video
Left iMovie re-exporting to tape during bath
Handed boy to mum for supper feed
Posting on forum right now ...
About to eat dinner then take tape to someone else who will handle duplication. Finished it at last!

Chimaera
03-12-2003, 19:04
Up at 6.30
Breakfast
Got daughter up for college
Bit of housework
Drove to work - in a school this week
Taught 60+ 11 year old kids maths and physics (!)
Home for lunch and a quick look on here
Back to school to finish lessons and start tomorrows stuff
Back to office to pick up messages and equipment
Drove back home - picked up shopping on the way
Bit more housework
Put dinner on for daughter no 2 (who is working late)
Waiting for them both to come in so I can eat!
And being bullied by the dog for even MORE dinner!

peachey
03-12-2003, 19:09
drained the lizard,

what does drained the lizard mean - out of curiousity?

Mal
03-12-2003, 19:09
Out of bed at 6.00am.
Catch the bus into town 7.05am.
Catch tram to work 7.30am.
Get to work 7.50am.
Fall into a bored stupor 7.50am to 12.00pm
Dinner 12.00pm to 12.30pm.
Fall into a bored stupor 12.30pm to 4.30pm.
Arrive home, via a lift from a workmate, 5.05pm.
Tea 5.15pm.
On internet 6.15pm.

I won't go into anymore detail ;)

Bifta
03-12-2003, 19:13

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drain+the+lizard

Mick
03-12-2003, 19:18
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drain+the+lizard

Nice... cue the smiley....

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2004/10/7.gif :D

Bifta
03-12-2003, 19:24
Nice... cue the smiley....

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2004/10/7.gif :D

Some of the terms on that site brought on near incontinence, recommend having a good rummage to find the funnier descriptions.

Marge
03-12-2003, 19:34
Got up
Came to work
Still working :erm:

Still working here :erm: :cry: :cry:

Tricky
03-12-2003, 19:34
06:05 got up
06:30 s,s,s and then into the car
06:50 at work
07:00 laptop finally finished booting up
07:01 chrsit look how many emails i've got - move them all to folder called Monday
07:10 eat breakfast (made night before) 2x scones
10:30 dodgy meeting where I got ripped in pieces
11:40 lunch
12:00 sent boss my job description for future reference!
12:10 attempted to build new laptop
12:50 p***ed off with laptop cannot find build server - get someone to do it!
13:00 sort emails (tuesday)
15:40 ignore ringing phone leave office
16:00 at pub
18:00 leave pub
18:10 bath 16 week old
18:30 sign on PC
18:40 check ebay - my phone has gone up and 2 hours to go
18:55 - keep pressing refresh!

Tiptoes
03-12-2003, 19:49
8:00am Woke Up

Felt Dizzy and full of Nausea (Normal) for about 1 Hour so stayed in bed

9:00am Got out of bed and struggled with the soap in the shower.
Breakfast and cuppa. Made a sandwich for dinner and got stuff out of freezer for tea.

10:00am Sister calls we chat/hug and talk about Christmas.

11:00 am on T-internet started posting stuff on here.

12:00 lunch had a ready made a sandwich sandwich in between

1:00pm Listen to MP3s and called Mum to see how her test result went. Just had a major operations few weeks ag and had to have more tests.

2:00 On here again whilst organising updates and programming for a website im doing for a private Ambulance Service.

4:00pm Some cleaning/whilst listen to music.

4:30 ish Spoke to Disabled Friend to offer moral support whose wife has Liver Cancer and is recovering from Chemo...at Christies.

5:00pm Clean water up from Kitchen where I accidentally switched freezer off last night without knowing.

5:30pm Phoned a friend at Cancer Reseach uk in leeds to organise the Anti -Fluoridation Posters for an up and coming campaign..

I run an Anti Fluoridation organisation which supports the National Pure water Association.So we were organising visits for the Manchester and Bolton Campaign managers.

6:00 pm Preparing tea broke a Pasta Dish (My Balance isnt good)

But If I dont break something or forget something within two days them Im getting better.

In the past week Ive manged to

Leave a ring on the cooker (Why I have Electric instead of Gas)
Put milk back in the wrong place...instead of the fridge.
Tripped and nearly smashed my head in the patio door.
Defrost the Freeze acidentally switched it off
Broke a pasta dish (Thats down to three pasta dishes from six in three months)
7:00pm Back on Here

Ramrod
03-12-2003, 19:58
Get up
Have a bath.
Read newspaper.
Browse internet.
Loose temper with STB.
Phone a friend.
Listen to a few MP3's
Go shopping.
Browse internet.
Submit this very post. :)
All in all, not a bad day...... :)

Ramrod
03-12-2003, 19:59
WEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL seeing as you asked, I got up at 4 this morning drove from stockton on tees to chard ( summerset.. ish ) approx 330 miles, did 20 mins work ( start to finish ) then turned around and drove back. Total time 11 hours 45 mins :

:
'kin 'ell bop! :erm:

Ramrod
03-12-2003, 20:02
:rofl:

bopdude
03-12-2003, 20:11
'kin 'ell bop! :erm:

Tell me about it Download Failed (1) lol ( speedy bop )

Stuart
03-12-2003, 20:12
7:30 Got up, fed pets, showered, shaved, got dressed.
8:00 ran like f**k for the train.
9:00 Work..
2:00 Lunch (everyone in my f**k**g office disappeared to meetings etc, so I stayed to keep an eye on things).
3.00 Babysat a malfunctioning printer (kept it going).
3:30 General support (users can be soo stupid at times).
5:00 Went home. My train was cancelled, and is not the most frequent service, so:
7:00 Got home. Went on Net.

Don't know what I will do now...

Stuart
03-12-2003, 20:14
Still working here :erm: :cry: :cry:
I feel sorry for you. I was working from 9-9 yesterday, so know what it's like to work late...

Graham
03-12-2003, 20:59
Woke up, fell out of bed,
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup,
And looking up I noticed I was late.

Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke,
Somebody spoke and I went into a dream

Oh, no, hang on, that was someone else...!

dilli-theclaw
03-12-2003, 21:09
Got up - set my new adsl modem.

Phoned ntl - cancelled (after 20 mins of the most condescending and rude abuse from a supervisor - who blamed all my problems on the fact that i'm using a home built pc and not one bought from a shop)

Built a pc (£100 profit) nice :)

Played Max Payne 2 for a bit

Checked my emails and actually USED the internet properly for a change.

Mark W
03-12-2003, 21:12
woke up
fixed scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for brekky
hung around for my landlady to turn up with a handyman...
showed them whats broke in the house
twiddled my thumbs whilst a late cab made me late for work
had nightmare calls all day - am beginning to expect old jezza beadle to jump out actually...
had a disciplinary, result of which was HR giving me an apology for wasting my time :D
iffy dinner at 7 - its threatening to repeat on me
more nightmare calls.......

and here i still am.....

Maggy
03-12-2003, 21:35

Woke at 6.55 and shouted,nagged,bullied,tantrumed my son out of bed whilst getting ready for work.
8.55 got in car and drove son to his school before heading off to my place of work.
8.30 registration.Year 9
8.45.First lesson-Maths year 8(horrible shower who were hard work to motivate):(
9.45.Second lesson-Science year 9,worked reasonably well.
10.45-11.05 break.:)
11.05.Third lesson-science(a swop with another teacher so they could do a student teacher assessment)-a very noisy,fussy year 7 group. :dozey:
12.05 4th lesson-Science with a very unmotivated,low ability year 10 in a twitter because it was BCG day.Total waste of time and I was reduced to a very expensive baby sitter. :grind:
13.05 break. :)
13.20 registration.Same year 9 group as am reg.
13.30,Fifth lesson-Maths,year 10.Another waste of time due to ongoing BCG and reduced to impotent rage by one child "talk to the hand".Spent much time composing a negative report on child to be posted home.Will no doubt be thrown in bin at first oportunity.:(
2.30.End of school.
3.30 leave home to drive along M27 to Havant to fetch husband from work at 4pm.Traffic appalling and arrive at 4.05pm.
Driven home by husband arrive home at 4.45(bluddy traffic).Set to and sort out dinner,wash up etc.
Now cream crackered. :zzz:

Incog. :wavey:

snodvan
03-12-2003, 21:38
I will not bore you with the hour by hour details. Main event was having a tooth taken out around mid-day. Not nice

greencreeper
03-12-2003, 22:16
9:30 am - got up, made a cup of tea, got dressed, started a conversation with a mate via Yahoo! that lasted, on and off, for most of the morning
9:50 am - retrieved post. Two repair slips from the council - one for the roof and one for a "gator" valve on the immersion heater. I actually asked for a "gate or valve" to shut the hot water off in the event of a leak (which there was a few days ago). :rolleyes:
10.30 am - phoned a contact at the Council regarding the ASB problems in the area. Enquired about moving - will have to go into town (Leeds) tomorrow
10:40 am - phoned police to ask for the crime number for the missing door handle and broken window that happened last night
10:50 am - phoned council to arrange for reglazing of the broken window. Joiner due today - heard that before :afire:
11:00 am-ish - electrician turned up to fit the "gator" valve. Sent him away. Will have to phone the council again :afire:
12:00 pm-ish - joiner turns up to reglaze the window. Can now clean up all the broken glass
12:30 pm - fell alseep
4:30 pm - woke up. Went down and locked/bolted front door, drew curtains in living room
4:40 pm - surfing the Net, checking email and general job hunting. Chatted to my mate again via Yahoo!
6:45pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer :)
7:40pm - food
8:30pm - more Yahoo! chat
9:00pm - parasite programme on BBC 1 :eek:
10:00pm - on here. Gonna check the Irish Lotto results and then watch more TV

Life of a doley huh? :) If you're thinking of doing a degree, particularly an IT one, don't bother wasting 4 years of your life. Just not worth it.

Maggy
03-12-2003, 22:27
9:30 am - got up, made a cup of tea, got dressed, started a conversation with a mate via Yahoo! that lasted, on and off, for most of the morning
9:50 am - retrieved post. Two repair slips from the council - one for the roof and one for a "gator" valve on the immersion heater. I actually asked for a "gate or valve" to shut the hot water off in the event of a leak (which there was a few days ago). :rolleyes:
10.30 am - phoned a contact at the Council regarding the ASB problems in the area. Enquired about moving - will have to go into town (Leeds) tomorrow
10:40 am - phoned police to ask for the crime number for the missing door handle and broken window that happened last night
10:50 am - phoned council to arrange for reglazing of the broken window. Joiner due today - heard that before :afire:
11:00 am-ish - electrician turned up to fit the "gator" valve. Sent him away. Will have to phone the council again :afire:
12:00 pm-ish - joiner turns up to reglaze the window. Can now clean up all the broken glass
12:30 pm - fell alseep
4:30 pm - woke up. Went down and locked/bolted front door, drew curtains in living room
4:40 pm - surfing the Net, checking email and general job hunting. Chatted to my mate again via Yahoo!
6:45pm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer :)
7:40pm - food
8:30pm - more Yahoo! chat
9:00pm - parasite programme on BBC 1 :eek:
10:00pm - on here. Gonna check the Irish Lotto results and then watch more TV

Life of a doley huh? :) If you're thinking of doing a degree, particularly an IT one, don't bother wasting 4 years of your life. Just not worth it.

how about being a teacher? :idea:

Incog. :kiss:

homealone
03-12-2003, 22:33
did usual get up, have fag & cup of tea, bike to work & come home.

son out with girlfriend, wife at Caribbean drumming class, looked in a few newsgroups;)

watched documentaries on BBC1 - Jungle one really good this week (The Amazon next week!), parasites one even better - talk about morbid fascination!

tried to catch up on all the posts in the forums..........

- 22.33 - realised I couldn't 'keep up' :D

greencreeper
04-12-2003, 00:37
how about being a teacher? :idea:

Don't get it at all :) Was that humour as in, "you don't need a degree to be a teacher?" or did you read something subtle in my post that lead you to believe I'd make an ideal teacher? I can't stand kids. Adults I can tolerate though :) Come to think of it, I have delivered training before and I can explain complex stuff in a simple way, so who knows.

The IT industry is still in a slump and graduate recruitment figures have taken a dive. This is partly related to a shift in the job market - fewer jobs these days (certainly in IT) require a degree than in the past. The Government's drive towards 50% HE take up will devalue the degree even further - the big question is "What will employers use as a indicator of ability?". And I think the answer, in part, lies in the increasing use of assessment centres that measure (or attemp to) how well a candidate fits the job description/profile. I might join a monkery or go preach the gospel to cannibals in Peru :D So depressing :cry:

danielf
04-12-2003, 00:54
I might join a monkery or go preach the gospel to cannibals in Peru :D So depressing :cry:

I've been where you are now, and have since been employed in my chosen profession for the past twelve years ('91 was not known as a good year for getting work as a graduate). I can understand your frustration, (it took me 18 months to land a 'proper job'), but hang in there. I'm sure you'll find something. Once you get started, prospects will change (for the better) ;)

zoombini
04-12-2003, 08:43
Out of bed at 6.00am.
Catch the bus into town 7.05am.
Catch tram to work 7.30am.
Get to work 7.50am.
Fall into a bored stupor 7.50am to 12.00pm
Dinner 12.00pm to 12.30pm.
Fall into a bored stupor 12.30pm to 4.30pm.
Arrive home, via a lift from a workmate, 5.05pm.
Tea 5.15pm.
On internet 6.15pm.

I won't go into anymore detail ;)

Heck that sounds soo much like my day in every way (except maybe slight different times).

Maggy
04-12-2003, 20:01
Don't get it at all :) Was that humour as in, "you don't need a degree to be a teacher?" or did you read something subtle in my post that lead you to believe I'd make an ideal teacher? I can't stand kids. Adults I can tolerate though :) Come to think of it, I have delivered training before and I can explain complex stuff in a simple way, so who knows.

The IT industry is still in a slump and graduate recruitment figures have taken a dive. This is partly related to a shift in the job market - fewer jobs these days (certainly in IT) require a degree than in the past. The Government's drive towards 50% HE take up will devalue the degree even further - the big question is "What will employers use as a indicator of ability?". And I think the answer, in part, lies in the increasing use of assessment centres that measure (or attemp to) how well a candidate fits the job description/profile. I might join a monkery or go preach the gospel to cannibals in Peru :D So depressing :cry:

It was a perfectly serious suggestion.Teachers are in short supply and as an IT professional you would be welcome.:)

Incog. :wavey:

greencreeper
04-12-2003, 22:08
It was a perfectly serious suggestion.Teachers are in short supply and as an IT professional you would be welcome.:)

Oh nice - so they're desperate and you thought of me? And who you calling a professional? Just joshing :D Some day I intend doing a PhD so I will no doubt teach as part of that. Dunno if I could do it as a living :scratch:

bopdude
05-12-2003, 02:39
WEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL.... travelling bop's been on the road again http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/auto/car-smiley-003.gif today I started at 16.10 leaving stockton on tees went to leyton in london did 35 mins work turned around and travelled back total of approx 540 miles just got in now 02.25 ish :zzz: but :beer: first ... lol

Tricky
05-12-2003, 18:50
Got up at 5am drove to airport
got plane at 7am
Landed at 8am got Taxi to work
Got to work at 8.30
Had meeting 9.30 --> 12.30
Got taxi to airport
Hit bar
Got plane at 16.00
landed at 16:45
Drove home
Arrive at 18:00

Boring!

ic14
05-12-2003, 18:59
hmm
got up at 7:30, in college at 9:03 and sat down and handed in my course work, bought counter strike on xbox. went home and played it all day.

good day by all accounts lol