PDA

View Full Version : Do I leave feedback or not?

Sony Ericsson
06-06-2006, 19:32
I bought a iem from eBay that Royal Mail admitted losing. I now have a claim in with them.

Not the seller knows the item was lost. But she asking to leave feedback for her for the item. Now i know it was not her fault for the loss but I never saw the package so it could of been faulty or anything.

Now what do i do?

Russ
06-06-2006, 19:36
Moved to Lifestyle.

I reckon you should leave positive feedback but mention the item got lost in transit as the seller took care of their end of the bargain.

Paul K
06-06-2006, 19:40
Leave a neutral feedback, Royal Mail lost it not her and it may have been a perfectly good item that you would have been happy with.

Kliro
06-06-2006, 19:41
I think that the seller is meant to refund you and then take it up themselves with the Royal mail, I wouldn't leave any feedback until you've got the money or the item off someone.

etccarmageddon
06-06-2006, 19:43
if you dont end up out of pocket then leave positive feedback otherwise the seller has a cheek.

greencreeper
06-06-2006, 19:50
We're a funny lot us humans. We say, "I don't know how to say..." or "I don't know what to say..." and then we say it :erm:

Sony Ericsson
06-06-2006, 20:11
if you dont end up out of pocket then leave positive feedback otherwise the seller has a cheek.

Well I do have a claim with Royal mail now as the seller said its not her problem. She has asked 2 times now within 24 hours for feedback.

I have not left any yet

peanut
06-06-2006, 20:16
If you're lucky you might get a book of 6 2nd class stamps from royal mail for losing your package.

Unless you added insurance, if not stamps it is, lol.

Kliro
06-06-2006, 20:19
I definately wouldn't leave feedback then if she's so desperate for it, and afaik it IS her problem until you get the item.

Edit; Ive had a quick look on ebay Q&A's and it says its always the sellers responciability, so she should be refunding you!

Sony Ericsson
06-06-2006, 20:29
I definately wouldn't leave feedback then if she's so desperate for it, and afaik it IS her problem until you get the item.

Edit; Ive had a quick look on ebay Q&A's and it says its always the sellers responciability, so she should be refunding you!

Got a link to that i might email it her

Halcyon
06-06-2006, 20:29
If the seller helped you sort it out and prodvided you with the certiice of delivery for your compensation claim, then post positive feedback as they have been helpful.
If however the seller hasn't done much to help, post Neutral.

Sony Ericsson
06-06-2006, 20:40
If the seller helped you sort it out and prodvided you with the certiice of delivery for your compensation claim, then post positive feedback as they have been helpful.
If however the seller hasn't done much to help, post Neutral.

This is what she said

royal mail are getting worse, there is nothing i can do from here, if i get it back here i will repost it to you, but i can not refund you as i have proof that it is at your post office, if i were you i would kick at the post office as they have got to have it somewhere.thanks

etccarmageddon
06-06-2006, 20:47
Well I do have a claim with Royal mail now as the seller said its not her problem. She has asked 2 times now within 24 hours for feedback.

I have not left any yetthat's just bad manners and very cheeky. ignore her. I sold stuff which was posted and lost in post - was only £15 worth, I could have said "not my problem" but refunded the bloke because I have standards. At no point did I ask for feedback as I left it to him to decide if and what to put. I expected nutural feedback but got positive with some nice comments - only after I left feedback for him.

Jules
06-06-2006, 21:12
I wouldn't leave her feedback it is not on that she is pestering you to leave it and she should sort the post office out not you!

scrotnig
06-06-2006, 21:23
I wouldn't leave her feedback it is not on that she is pestering you to leave it and she should sort the post office out not you!
I agree, there's better sellers than this on eBay.

I recently bought something from a private seller, when I mentioned in passing conversation by email that I had to order it that day to make sure it came in time for someone's birthday, the seller immediately said she'd pay for guaranteed delivery.

I said to her to tell me how much this cost her and I would forward the money by PayPal along with a bit extra for her trouble, but she refused to accept it and said it was all part of the service.

Sony Ericsson
06-06-2006, 21:24

Basically she said because it got lost in my town its my problem.

If say amazon sent out a item and it got lost surely amazon would refund regardless of where the item was lost. Surely this is the same

Jules
06-06-2006, 21:35
Yes it is, it doesn't matter were it got lost untill you have it the seller is responsible

Nugget
06-06-2006, 21:38
Basically she said because it got lost in my town its my problem.

If say amazon sent out a item and it got lost surely amazon would refund regardless of where the item was lost. Surely this is the same

It is her problem - as the vendor, it's her responsibility to ensure that the item arrives. If she's posted it, then she's the only one who'll have any proof that it was sent in the first place. TBH, if it was me, I'd ignore any requests for feedback, and actually take it up with eBay.

Pia
07-06-2006, 01:52
Has she left you any feedback?

Chicken
07-06-2006, 02:28
If you paid by PayPal for the item, start a dispute and claim a full refund as the item wasn't delivered. The selller will soon find out that they are responsible for delivery.

Oh, and if they keep pestering, leave a neutral, along the lines of "Here's the feedback you keep pestering me for" - but not until you have a full refund.

Sony Ericsson
08-06-2006, 21:52
I put in a claim at paypal and this is her answer

wait a miniute, this was delievered to you, and the post office have confirm this with yourself, they have now admitted to you that they have lost it, ou said you were going to claim from them, so whats the problem??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????

First she says it was delivered to me then says it was lost

What a tard

Kliro
08-06-2006, 22:15
She does sound a little retarded.

Either don't bother replying to her e-mails, or just reply with something really simple, like;

I've been told to claim via Paypal as it's my best course of action.

Thanks,

<InsertName>

it'll give her less to complain about, and save you time.

As people have said, there are much better ebayers about.

TheBlueRaja
08-06-2006, 23:47
Did the item have the option to pay for Insured or recorded delivery or was it just a sellers standard rate, that could affect any claim as it would be you who would be responsible for the item if you chose just standard delivery over any insured or recorded on (i.e. you took the cheaper option).

If only a standard rate was offered i would say its her problem as the seller and not yours.

Sony Ericsson
09-06-2006, 00:52
Just standard posting

No insurance

etccarmageddon
09-06-2006, 01:02
as there was no insurance option open a paypal resolution complaint. that's what I did when dealing with an idiot seller. they crapped themselves and refunded me immediately after weeks of messing me around.

DO NOT leave any feedback until you see your money - once feedback is left the seller will ignore your messages as you have no power to put a red mark on their reputation.

Chicken
09-06-2006, 02:13
There's also no way she would/could know where the item was lost (or even if you actually received it) if they didn't send it using a trackable method.
Unless she has proof that the item was delivered (not just proof of posting), paypal will find in your favour and refund you.

---------- Post added at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

Did the item have the option to pay for Insured or recorded delivery or was it just a sellers standard rate, that could affect any claim as it would be you who would be responsible for the item if you chose just standard delivery over any insured or recorded on (i.e. you took the cheaper option).

If only a standard rate was offered i would say its her problem as the seller and not yours.

The seller is *always* responsible - regardless, and Paypal expects all items to be sent using a trackable means of delivery - in the event of a query if you can't prove to PayPal the item has been delivered they will refund the buyer.

"Insurance" on an item is for the sellers benefit - if you pay using Paypal and you don't get the item you'll get a refund, and if the item is broken or similar you will 95% of the time be able to claim a "not as described" dispute through paypal and get a refund.

aliferste
09-06-2006, 19:09
Yup, you should not be the one doing the legwork here. It is the sellers resposibility. Contact paypal and tell her you are doing it .
Have a look at the ebay community boards, post a comment on there, people will give you the same advice and then post them the link :)

Sony Ericsson
18-06-2006, 00:17
Right

Paypal have now refunded my money back to me as she did not answer them by the deadline. But she has submitted a Unpaid item dispute via eBay now.

I sent this back to eBay

The item was lost in the post. It is up to the seller to claim back the loss and then refund me for
my loss. The seller is saying because it was lost in my local depot then it is my problem. Thats not
true and I will not be paying for a lost item. It is up to the seller to take it up with royal mail

Is that ok?

twelvety
18-06-2006, 00:42
Although eBay uses feedback as a guide for buyers and sellers, it is not compulsory to leave it..........so you don't have to do anything!!!

Sony Ericsson
18-06-2006, 00:51
Although eBay uses feedback as a guide for buyers and sellers, it is not compulsory to leave it..........so you don't have to do anything!!!

What I mean though is it ok what I wrote back?

Chicken
18-06-2006, 01:02
it was lost in my local depot then it is my problem
But - the seller didn't send the item using trackable postage, so she wouldn't know if it was lost, where it was lost or anything. Point out in your unpaid dispute that Paypal awarded you the full refund for item not delivered too.

Pia
18-06-2006, 01:25
What you wrote back is absolutely fine, if they are funny with you then send them the copy of the email that states you were refunded the money.

Don't worry about it, she shouldn't have been allowed to file the dispute anyway.

---------- Post added at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:23 ----------

it was lost in my local depot then it is my problem But - the seller didn't send the item using trackable postage, so she wouldn't know if it was lost, where it was lost or anything. Point out in your unpaid dispute that Paypal awarded you the full refund for item not delivered too.
Yup, if she had sent the item recorded delivery then it was lost in the post she could have claimed from Royal Mail.
I'm pretty sure in eBay selling guidelines somewhere they do say sellers should send ALL items recorder delivery to cover their own backs, since the item is their problem until you receive it. As a seller, i have to take responsibility for items not received unless i send them via trackable methods.

etccarmageddon
18-06-2006, 02:11
ebay and paypal are the same company - she has NO chance of winning as this isn't an unpaid item dispute. you have paid and it has been refunded - she's just being a thick bitch.

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

oh and as you have paid for the item where is there a dispute!!! god she's thick.