PDA

View Full Version : Oxford Problems?

brainier
06-06-2006, 10:32
Anyone in Oxford got connection problems? My wife says ours is not working, but I am abroad and she cannot get into the attic to reboot the modem (being 7 months pregnant). Have rebooted the router, so its not that...

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 ----------

And I cannot phone customer services as all the numbers do not accept incoming calls from abroad!!!

Mike
06-06-2006, 14:11
I am in Abingdon and all is fine.............however found this on the ntl world server status page http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/

On the morning of Tuesday the 6th of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in Baguley, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Stockton, Hemel Hempstead, Oxford, Colchester, Bishops Stortford, Stapleford, Coventry, Warwick, Andover, Reading, Lichfield and the surrounding areas.

Essential server maintenance will result in a brief loss of Registration, Broadband Medic and the ntlworld homepage services.

Network rebalancing across the country will result in a brief loss of service for all customers.

On the morning of Wednesday the 7th of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network optimisation will result in a loss of service in the Birmingham, Baguley, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Stockton, Hemel Hempstead, Oxford, Lewisham, Newmarket, Acton and the surrounding areas.

On the morning of Thursday the 8th of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in the Baguley, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Hemel Hempstead, Oxford, Huddersfield, Poole and the surrounding areas.

We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience these planned works may cause