PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide Customer Service

etccarmageddon
05-06-2006, 10:36
I paid a cheque in last week which has not appeared on my account - this was via an ATM. I looked up the branch number and rang it - 0161 nnnnnnn.

Spoke to someone who told me it can take upto a week for a cheque to appear - I pointed out that usually the cheque shows on the account within 2 days so that's why I rang. I felt like I was being fobbed of - eventually the lady said - "would you like me to speak to the branch and ask them to look into it".

The branch ring me and I point out that it's a bit off ringing the branch directly and assuming I'm speaking to branch staff when in fact it's someone in a remote call centre who could have at least told me.

I explain that I paid in £80 in cash as one transaction and £52 as a cheque as another via the cash machine and the cheque is 'record number' nnnn as I assume the paying in envelope will have that number stamped on it so they can look for it using that reference.

She rings me back and tells me they only got the £80 and there was no cheque. "But I have a receipt" "sorry, we've checked and only the £80 was paid in"

Am I speaking to someone who is denying I paid in the money despite me having a receipt for it!

"look, what's the point in having a receipt if you just deny I paid it in" "I have a receipt in front of me which clearly indicates I made that deposit"

"ok, what's the receipt number, I'll have another look"

10 mins later she rings me back to say it was a human error and not a computer error and apologises.

:banghead:

Druchii
05-06-2006, 17:18
Thats not good service at all, at least you got the receipt and can prove it.

I take it the cheque will be there shortly then?

Nidge
05-06-2006, 18:56
At least she said sorry and admitted it was a mistake, if it any of the other banks they'd have fobbed you off.

Halcyon
05-06-2006, 20:01
I was just about to sign up for an account with them...I hope they don't mess me around too.

Chris
05-06-2006, 20:09
aah, the 'computer sez nooooo' culture ... :erm: :rolleyes:

etccarmageddon
05-06-2006, 20:23
Thats not good service at all, at least you got the receipt and can prove it.

I take it the cheque will be there shortly then?they instantly credited it to my account and backdated the interest.

not the point though - if I ring up with a receipt I'd expect them to ASK for the details on the receipt and then look into it - not fob me off saying it cant have been deposited cos it isn't anywhere in their system. they said it was human error - I assume it was creditted to another account in error.

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

from this though I'd never trust paying in cash again.