PDA

View Full Version : PSP Accessories

Hom3r
04-06-2006, 19:53
Has anybody heard anything if the following are romoured to be released or are to be released on the PSP

1. A bigger storage other than the 3rd party 4GB drive.

2. A TV tuner (either standard or Digital or Hi-Def)

3. GPS navigation software (obviously with kit)

thanks

Graham M
04-06-2006, 19:58
Has anybody heard anything if the following are romoured to be released or are to be released on the PSP

Nothing as of yet, but eventually, probably

2. A TV tuner (either standard or Digital or Hi-Def)
I doubt it, I don't know where it would plug in?

3. GPS navigation software (obviously with kit)
Again, how would it connect and why would you want this on a Games Console?
thanks

Hom3r
04-06-2006, 20:00
3. you can get a gps ariel, and it would mean only one peice of kit being carried

Stephen
04-06-2006, 23:46
There is sort of a TV tuner available. Its the Sony Play anywhere thing. For £300 you get a special fancy router so you can stream your TV signal over the net and watch it anywhere you can get the internet, either on a laptop or the PSP.

Graham M
04-06-2006, 23:58
Ah yes I saw that Yoda, a little pricey though :)

Hom3r
02-09-2006, 17:00
There is soon going to be a GPS adapter that will allow you to turn your PSP into a SATNAV system.

Japan only first.

Slyder
11-09-2006, 21:49

Sony and Sandisk now do 4gb Pro Duo sticks, and Sony will soon release the 8gb version.

I would love to get an 8gb stick when they come out but I dont want to upgrade from my 1.5fw... :D

Begize
16-09-2006, 14:45
I got sent a survey by Sony about forthcoming PSP developments earlier this year. It was asking questions about extra functionality that they "may" be offering in the future.

All their plans seemed to revolve around either voice or text messaging, basically making the PSP into a mobile phone *** PDA type thing supporting online wireless play but using public hotspots. There were some questions about GPS type functionality and mentions of the location free TV player which is now available.

They also asked about other streaming audio and video services such as radio and TV stations, again through public hotspots.

Basically the questions were did you like the idea and would you pay for it. There were even pictures of the proposed software to support these new services running on a PSP so you could say which design you liked. It all seemed to be based around some kind of PSP version of the XBox Live service with different tiers including different services as standard and a basic free one.

As for storage, I believe that current PSP firmware only supports upto 4GB because it's FAT16 based. As 8GB memory sticks are going to be available soon, this will have to be accompanied by a fw update to the PSP to support FAT32 and so in theory, much bigger cards.

Also, if you open up the Datel 4GB thing, it is actually just a compact flash reader with a 4GB CF card or microdrive in it. Assuming this new fw will support it, you could change the existing MD for a bigger one or a large CF card. I would also think Datel will issue bigger products along the same lines. I've read on the net about people getting it to work with bigger drives / cards but only seeing the first 4GB of them.

Begize
16-09-2006, 19:29
Just realised that the newest PSP firmware (2.81) is the upgrade to support the new 8GB memory sticks...

Slyder
17-09-2006, 12:12
Just realised that the newest PSP firmware (2.81) is the upgrade to support the new 8GB memory sticks...

This is correct.

I would love to update from 1.50, but I love my homebrew to much. :)

Begize
18-09-2006, 17:11
This is correct.

I would love to update from 1.50, but I love my homebrew to much. :)

Don't worry, it wont be long before someone cracks it. I hear rumours of modchips supporting multiple fw's....

Slyder
20-09-2006, 20:23
Don't worry, it wont be long before someone cracks it. I hear rumours of modchips supporting multiple fw's....

Your refering to the Undiluted Platinum chip. This is no longer fiction mate. Its released over in the states and has proven to work Full video review here (http://www.psphacking101.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=25) ;)

It can even unbrick dead psp's which I thought was a nice touch.

I dont need to update anymore anyway - I let devhook emulate newer f/w's while I am really running 1.50. :D
(http://www.modchipstore.com/Undiluted-Platinum-PSP-Mod-Chip-Fix-Bricked-PSP-with-full-featur-16328.html)