PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Modem Problem - Help!

kevdyas
04-06-2006, 17:21
Im having problems with my broadband, the 'Ready' light on my ntl:250 is just blinking really fast! I have re-booted it several times but nothing! There is nothing on the service status and I have telephoned through to Tech Support and they just didn't seem to have a clue! The guy couldn't even would out that 6 in the date was for June!!

Is anyone else facing problems? Im based in Grimsby.

I am having to connect via my mobile phone at the moment.

From the cable modem - operation configuration:
Network Access : Denied
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 0
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 0
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 0
Maximum Number of CPEs : -1
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Enabled

and from the 'Status' page:
Acquire a Downstream Channel 154000000 Hz In Progress
Connectivity State In Progress Not Synchronized
Boot State In Progress Unknown

Kevin

Doofy
04-06-2006, 17:41
Im having problems with my broadband, the 'Ready' light on my ntl:250 is just blinking really fast! I have re-booted it several times but nothing! There is nothing on the service status and I have telephoned through to Tech Support and they just didn't seem to have a clue! The guy couldn't even would out that 6 in the date was for June!!

Is anyone else facing problems? Im based in Grimsby.

I am having to connect via my mobile phone at the moment.

From the cable modem - operation configuration:
Network Access : Denied
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 0
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 0
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 0
Maximum Number of CPEs : -1
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Enabled

and from the 'Status' page:
Acquire a Downstream Channel 154000000 Hz In Progress
Connectivity State In Progress Not Synchronized
Boot State In Progress Unknown

Kevin

Am not far away from you and it went down this afternoon and has only just come back on...

BecksBeer
04-06-2006, 17:42
I'm in Grimsby and I also had this problem. I rang tech support and was told that the DHCP server in this area was being worked on and would be down for about 2 hours.

My connection is now working and hopefully yours is as well.

James79
04-06-2006, 17:45
The guy couldn't even would out that 6 in the date was for June!!
Kevin

That says it all doesnt it??!!! Outsourcing gone awry again!!

With regards to you modem, how long has the light been flashing for?? The connection status being given as "In Progress" would imply that it is still trying to get connected to the network.

My connection dropped about ten minutes ago, but rebooted afterwards and it was ok??

Id suggest trying to reboot again, but leave the power off for a while (such as a minute or so)??

Just a thought!! Hope it works though!

James

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

Sounds as though the DHCP Server being switched on in the Grimsby area has caused the whole network to reboot???

Would this be possible?? :confused:

J

Druchii
04-06-2006, 17:47
Sounds as though the DHCP Server being switched on in the Grimsby area has caused the whole network to reboot???

J

Well, if the network needs to respond to it in some way then yes maybe, but i couldn't see it happening really as it would be poor design.

Doofy
04-06-2006, 17:48
That says it all doesnt it??!!! Outsourcing gone awry again!!

With regards to you modem, how long has the light been flashing for?? The connection status being given as "In Progress" would imply that it is still trying to get connected to the network.

My connection dropped about ten minutes ago, but rebooted afterwards and it was ok??

Id suggest trying to reboot again, but leave the power off for a while (such as a minute or so)??

Just a thought!! Hope it works though!

James

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

J

When i rang tech support spoke to someone for 45 mins and despite me telling him it was in all this area i checked with all my neighbours and friends so it seemed likely. it was decided an engineer was to be booked he then told me if they couldnt find a fault with the modem then i would be charged for an enginner i hadnt asked for. Now i have to cancel the engineers call unreal it really is...

poolking
04-06-2006, 19:07
I'm in the Stafford area and my connection has been a joke all day.

monkey2468
04-06-2006, 19:25
When i rang tech support spoke to someone for 45 mins and despite me telling him it was in all this area i checked with all my neighbours and friends so it seemed likely. it was decided an engineer was to be booked he then told me if they couldnt find a fault with the modem then i would be charged for an enginner i hadnt asked for. Now i have to cancel the engineers call unreal it really is...

If it is an area fault, then you won't have to cancel the apointment, it will cancelled for you and probably called when it back up to check.

kevdyas
04-06-2006, 23:49
Mine has come back on, not sure what it was all about.

Kev.

Andy M
05-06-2006, 23:08
Hello mate, same here but its been happening for a good few weeks now, internet dies, and i notice the ready light starts flashing in a steady rhythm.
Its recently been going down for a long time, and pulling power does not solve it, but unscrewing the coax and refitting does solve it, until it goes down again

kevdyas
05-06-2006, 23:09
I did try removing the coax and plugging into a different port around the home.

Kev.