PDA

View Full Version : Problems in ST16

poolking
04-06-2006, 11:31
Is anyone else suffering continual disconnections in the ST16 area? I've had 3 so far this morning.

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

wow averaging 1 an hour at the moment.

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

Type : Ambit ETH/USB Combo Cable ModemCable modem : Ambit Cable ModemMAC address : address : 10.xxx.xxx.xxxDownstream Receive Power Level : 5.81 dBmvDownstream SNR : 34.57 dBUpstream Transmit Power Level : 54.75 dBmv

Are the above levels ok for my modem, its an NTL Home 120

Xtrm2Matt
04-06-2006, 11:44
ST17 here and just had a disconnect.

SnoopZ
04-06-2006, 11:53
Is anyone else suffering continual disconnections in the ST16 area? I've had 3 so far this morning.

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

wow averaging 1 an hour at the moment.

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

Type : Ambit ETH/USB Combo Cable ModemCable modem : Ambit Cable ModemMAC address : xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xxIP address : 10.xxx.xxx.xxxDownstream Receive Power Level : 5.81 dBmvDownstream SNR : 34.57 dBUpstream Transmit Power Level : 54.75 dBmv

Are the above levels ok for my modem, its an NTL Home 120

You NEED to remove your MAC address from that. If you can't get a mod to do it asap.

poolking
04-06-2006, 12:43
Well now I'm getting a disconnection every 10 minutes

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

and another disconnection!!

poolking
04-06-2006, 16:50
and another about 20 minutes ago

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

and surprise surprise again. Can someone look into this for me? I don't relish ringing TS and being out through to India.

poolking
04-06-2006, 19:02
happened twice again. :mad:

Xtrm2Matt
04-06-2006, 19:25
My internet has gone to shyt all day. I'm pinging of up to 400 on game servers now.

poolking
04-06-2006, 22:17
Fingers crossed my last reboot did the trick.

poolking
05-06-2006, 10:12
Another disconnect this morning, will be phoning TS tonight when I get in from work.

poolking
07-06-2006, 18:15
Ok suffered another disconnect at around 14:30. Can someone confirm if there has been a problem in ST16, this has been going on for a while now with at least 1 or 2 disconnections a day, I will accept a disconnection between the maintenance window, but these are happening outside of that window.

The connection only came back up a couple of minutes ago. The next time I do get a disconnect I will be ringing TS, also what are the opening times of TS?

Mick Fisher
07-06-2006, 18:35
Ok suffered another disconnect at around 14:30. Can someone confirm if there has been a problem in ST16, this has been going on for a while now with at least 1 or 2 disconnections a day, I will accept a disconnection between the maintenance window, but these are happening outside of that window.

The connection only came back up a couple of minutes ago. The next time I do get a disconnect I will be ringing TS, also what are the opening times of TS?

You will just waste the price of a phone call.
I'm in NN10 and have been getting disco's like you all last week and this week. 3 so far today. It's probably Nationwide.

:td: :td: :td:

Jules
07-06-2006, 18:53
I think it is a nationwide problem at the moment see here

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/

and here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=47630

poolking
07-06-2006, 19:16
Yes but thats just DNS problems not problems when you can't lock on to upstream and downstream and you loose the sync and ready lights on your modem, mine aren't DNS problems if you can't actually get on the network :)

poolking
13-06-2006, 12:43
I've had enough, I'm not even going to ring TS because I've read the nightmare people have had when put through to India.

Getting my BT line reconnected and going back to ADSL.

poolking
19-06-2006, 19:15
Okay now I'm posting with a slightly cooler head.

On friday I had an engineer come round, the engineer said that some other people have been experiencing the same problem on the road I live, the engineer said something about a faulty amp and a call would be put through to maintenance.

I was wondering how long it would normally take to fix a fault of this nature as I am still suffering from long disconnection periods, the longest so far has been 17 hours and I have left my modem off all day today in frustration at the current situation. I am currently typing this out on a dial-up connection, I am really starting to get to the end of my tether and I cannot stomach being on hold waiting for an answer for fear of blowing my top and end up not having the fault fixed at all. I was hoping that a kind enough NTL representative could look into this for me, you can PM me if you wish.

I am really frustrated as this has been going on for quite some time, I have had a fault free few years with broadband up until the last month, I hope this matter can be resolved quickly now and that I can get back to being happy with NTL.

Thanks for reading.

Monserrat
20-06-2006, 22:37
Wow!!

I have started my own thread. Silly me for not reading this thread created by Poolking.

I can confirm you that I am having repeated reboots on my cable modem as well, which is most annoying when trying to play an online game.

I am in ST16, Corporation Street.

poolking
21-06-2006, 05:45
So far in the past 24 hours I appear to have had one disconnection, better than before, but still wary that this fault hasn't been fixed. So it seems this fault is covering a slightly larger area.

poolking
22-06-2006, 10:19
Averaging one disconnection a day, not whilst I'm at home though, but this would still indicate a problem.

Monserrat
22-06-2006, 11:35
Averaging one disconnection a day, not whilst I'm at home though, but this would still indicate a problem.

That's interesting. How do you monitor your cable modem activity while you are out of the house? I know that I can ping my cable modem from work and see if it's live, but I have to do that manually from the DOS prompt at my will. If you can name a program that can monitor activity as such, I would be very grateful!

poolking
22-06-2006, 14:02
That's interesting. How do you monitor your cable modem activity while you are out of the house? I know that I can ping my cable modem from work and see if it's live, but I have to do that manually from the DOS prompt at my will. If you can name a program that can monitor activity as such, I would be very grateful!

I don't monitor my modem, I can roughly tell what time I get disconnected because I leave my IRC client running all day and the time stamp will give me a rough time when I lost my connection. I'm not really bothered if it goes off when I'm at work, just annoying when it happens when I get home, I shouldn't get disconnected at all in priniciple.