PDA

View Full Version : Have you missed me?

Escapee
03-06-2006, 17:58
No, I bet you haven't one little bit.

I got home a few hours ago from a week in Calgary, the weather was nice and warm (unusual for May) and I had a little time outside of working to have a look around the place.

I thought the clothes worked out even cheaper then Florida, the Dollar prices are the same but the exchange rate is better. I made a good job of filling an extra case full of clothes, only to fine out it looks like another trip could be on the cards.

I dont mind another, as long as I'm not paying the airfare. I found Air Canada to be better than Virgin Atlantic, but at just under £3000 I would not like to pay for it.:shocked:

MadGamer
03-06-2006, 18:11
No, I bet you haven't one little bit.

I got home a few hours ago from a week in Calgary, the weather was nice and warm (unusual for May) and I had a little time outside of working to have a look around the place.

I thought the clothes worked out even cheaper then Florida, the Dollar prices are the same but the exchange rate is better. I made a good job of filling an extra case full of clothes, only to fine out it looks like another trip could be on the cards.

I dont mind another, as long as I'm not paying the airfare. I found Air Canada to be better than Virgin Atlantic, but at just under £3000 I would not like to pay for it.:shocked: TBH i didnt even noticed you'd gone, but welcome back and i hope you enjoyed your holiday. Got any piccys for us?

Timeless Stew
03-06-2006, 18:20
Welcome back K!

Was it first class? Lucky you!
We are forbiden to fly anything but economy.

Virgin is the pits. Air Canada is better but their planes are a bit old. I prefer Cathay Pacific, Singapore and BA...

Escapee
03-06-2006, 19:08
TBH i didnt even noticed you'd gone, but welcome back and i hope you enjoyed your holiday. Got any piccys for us?

It wasn't a holiday it was work. Grrrrr

I did have a bit of time to see a few sights though, I have a couple of photos taken at Calgary tower. I have one nice one of me standing on the glass floor section about 580ft above the street, and another taken of the road below with my foot in the shot.

It was funny, because the vast majority of people wouldn't walk out on the glass section, I was out there and people were looking in horror. I was a little concerned though when a little kid came out to me and started jumping up and down...:D

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Welcome back K!

Was it first class? Lucky you!
We are forbiden to fly anything but economy.

Virgin is the pits. Air Canada is better but their planes are a bit old. I prefer Cathay Pacific, Singapore and BA...

It was Executive class this time, I ended up on Virgin Premium economy for my last trip to Florida. We are able to swap our Executive class or premium economy for 2 economy seats, if we wish to tak a partner/friend.

I had a few people who wanted me to do that, including a few married women who asked me in front of their husbands.:D

Jules
03-06-2006, 19:23
You lucky person, welcome back :)

TheBlueRaja
03-06-2006, 20:00
You lucky, lucky bar steward! :D

Hope you enjoyed it mate!

Halcyon
03-06-2006, 21:56
Sounds like you had a great holiday.
It's nice to see you around again.
Welcome back. :)