PDA

View Full Version : mobile tarriff reccomendations

handyman
02-06-2006, 15:34
I'm looking to get a connection only for a off-peak tarrif.

Don't really want to go contract but if its cheap enough.

need 3-500 minutes per month, no texts.

Don't need a phone as have an 02 locked one and a unblocked phone plus a t-mobile locked one :)

What can you reccomend? I'd also look at the possibility of VOIP which is something I have no knowledge off.

TheBlueRaja
02-06-2006, 15:36
T-Mobile has a really good one at the moment, its the Everyone 500 Off-peak (http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?nmid2=ctl_pas_pp_details&nmid=pas_pp_plan_ews_paym_mixit_details&menuid=ctl_pas_pp_change_plan&ppid=940&pf=Call+Everyone+OP), it has 500 minutes off peak to ANY network a month and if you sign up on the web at the moment you also get 500 free texts for life for free as well, all for 20 quid a month.

Pretty damn good if you ask me.

I was looking at switching my own yesterday which is how i knew about it.

handyman
02-06-2006, 16:30
Thanks by that looks a bit dear. Looking for it as a secondary phone to use on weekends and evenings for a project I have coming up.

Any more recommendations?

TheBlueRaja
02-06-2006, 16:34
Well, how much are you looking to spend, what sort of contract length?

Jules
02-06-2006, 16:41
I don't think you will get any thing under £16 as that seems to be the lowest rate, there again I could be wrong http://bestsmileys.com/thinking/5.gif

Neil
02-06-2006, 17:09
I'm looking to get a connection only for a off-peak tarrif.

Don't really want to go contract but if its cheap enough.

need 3-500 minutes per month, no texts.

Don't need a phone as have an 02 locked one and a unblocked phone plus a t-mobile locked one :)

What can you reccomend? I'd also look at the possibility of VOIP which is something I have no knowledge off.

Is this (http://www.e2save.com/mobile/phones/category.php?category=Twelve_Months_FREE&PHPSESSID=d5c16248677483f0e2a7961839af0376) of any use?

handyman
02-06-2006, 17:14
Well, how much are you looking to spend, what sort of contract length?
Under a tenner a month preferable PAYG.

Already have a contract phone but want to keep things seperate. Would be interested also in a cheap VOIP deal but again I don't really want to go contract.

TheBlueRaja
02-06-2006, 17:40
I dont think you get free minutes on PAYG do you?

Jules
02-06-2006, 17:46
On Vodafone you can buy talk and text packs and also they have the pay for 1 min but talk for 60 on payg

handyman
02-06-2006, 18:07
Cool thanks jules , off to look at voodo phone :)

Neil
02-06-2006, 18:17
Under a tenner a month preferable PAYG.

Already have a contract phone but want to keep things seperate. Would be interested also in a cheap VOIP deal but again I don't really want to go contract.

Free not good enough for you then? ;)

Chris W
02-06-2006, 18:36
but e2save and dialaphone both give their "free" deals by redemption...

you have to send your bills for 3 months back to them after a particular date, but not before another date, then they'll issue you a cheque. That is of course if they do receive the bills (funny how unreliable royal mail become when it involves a company giving money back to a customer eh?!)

If you want a cashback offer, i would recommend doing it at phones4u - they give you the cash (yes cash not cheque) on the day that you sign the contract ;)

Last time i went there i walked out with a nice shiny Sony Ericsson, decent tariff and £105 in my pocket ;)