PDA

View Full Version : Sky advice needed incomplete service

riabrown
02-06-2006, 11:01
Hi all

Can anyone please give me some advice about a service that I have ordered from Sky and have not recieved.

On the 20th of April 2006 I phoned up and placed an order for Sky Multiroom, I was given an istallation date (as they do) and the following day I received my Sky Card and letter to confirm the transaction. So I took the day off on the 20th to wait for an engineer, no one called me and as the day progressed the engineer didnt turn up. So I rang Sky and told them what happened. They told me that they cant understand, as it said on their systems that the installation has been completed (when obviously it has not! As the card has NOT been activated). So they said they are really sorry and they would refund me and give me 2 months free subcription, and inform me that to re-order again.

So about 2 weeks later May 4 2005, again I rang and paid £49.00 for multi room, was given an istallation date.. etc. Took the day off again... and guess what?! NO BODY turned up, so seething I rang them again and asked for an explanation, I was on hold for about 40 minutes while some incompetent fool was trying to sort out the problem. NO one can give me a plausable explanation. They just told me that the work has been completed and surprise surprise they dont know why its happened. They are aware that there is a fault, but they said they will phone me ASAP when they have rang the engineers and see what has happened. I even said that "Are you sure you are going to ring me back??" their response was YES within 45 minutes! And guess what, I am still waiting. I rang again about 2 days later and again I am going round in circles. I am on hold forever and they cant tell me why it has happened!

So I have written a complaint letter addressed to the Customer Care Manager expressing my dissatisfaction and have given a time frame of when to reply. About a week. So far I have not recieved a phoncall or a letter. They still have my £49.00, to tell you the truth, I do not want a refund, I just want the service that I have ordered. I am really peed off now and I dont know what to do. Can anyone please advice me of who to contact and what to do about this situation https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2006/06/10.gif

Thanks a lot

iain_herts
03-06-2006, 14:45
hi riabrown sorry about the trouble you are haveing.

i am a field installer for sky if u email james.murdoch@bskyb.com explain to him what has happened and he will pass ur detail on and some1 will be able to help.

jame murdoch owns bskyb.

iain