PDA

View Full Version : Can I use my dialup account from a BT line

Captain_caveman
27-06-2003, 22:52
Hi
I will be heading back to sunny Manchester to my parents for a couple of weeks in a few weeks and was wondering if I could use my dial up account to access the internet from a bt line?
Is there a special number I have to dial or is hardware needed?

Thanks in advance

imback
27-06-2003, 22:54
The only time you can dial in from a BT line is if you have an offnet account or a freedom account, then the number you are dialling form will need to be on NTL's IN platform for it to be recognised.

If I am away form home and have to use dialup I tend to use freewire, the dial up number is 0845 088 0088 and you just make up your own user name and password.

you can find them here (http://www.freewire.net)

HTH

Captain_caveman
27-06-2003, 22:58
Thanks

I take it that its costly to get this set up to bother for only a 2 week period?

imback
27-06-2003, 23:10
Originally posted by Captain_caveman
Thanks

I take it that its costly to get this set up to bother for only a 2 week period?

I presume it has a minium contract length like the rest of the services. If it's for 2 weeks I'd get the old AOL trial disk,grab a couple and that will see you through, can still check your NTL mail if you use it.

Captain_caveman
27-06-2003, 23:20
Thanks for the advice.

I may just do that it depend how much my withdrawal symptoms effect me. :D

imback
27-06-2003, 23:25
Originally posted by Captain_caveman

I may just do that it depend how much my withdrawal symptoms effect me. :D

:p :D

tridens
27-06-2003, 23:27
I USED TO USE THE PAYG 1P AMINUTE DIALUP FROM NTL BUT THEN I UPGRADED TO SURF UNLIMITED £10 PER MONTH I WANT TO KEEP MY PAYG AS BACKUP AT 1P MIN ITS GOOD BUT I NO LONGER CAN CONNECT TO THIS SERVICE CAN YOU HELP OR RECOMEND ANOTHER ISP FOR 1P MIN
THANKS

poolking
28-06-2003, 08:18
Originally posted by tridens
I USED TO USE THE PAYG 1P AMINUTE DIALUP FROM NTL BUT THEN I UPGRADED TO SURF UNLIMITED £10 PER MONTH I WANT TO KEEP MY PAYG AS BACKUP AT 1P MIN ITS GOOD BUT I NO LONGER CAN CONNECT TO THIS SERVICE CAN YOU HELP OR RECOMEND ANOTHER ISP FOR 1P MIN
THANKS

Could you please not type your entire post in caps. ;)

patrickp
28-06-2003, 14:04
Originally posted by tridens
THANKS
Originally posted by poolking
Could you please not type your entire post in caps. ;)

Messages are not normally transmitted by Morse Code on the Internet, and it's even more advanced than the telegram. Wow!

All of which means that you can make your messages much easier to read and understand by using both upper and lower case characters, and actual punctuation.

In addition, posting messages entirely in uppercase characters is regarded as shouting. It may get people's attention, but it won't predispose them towards answering you in a civil fashion or being helpful. ;)

So that's what you're doing in your sig, poolking - not adjusting your glasses, but trying to stop your ears ringing! ;D

Jules
28-06-2003, 14:09
Or you could use a cyber cafe if the withdrawal gets too much Captain :D

tridens
29-06-2003, 09:13
Sorry about that new member to nthellworld first time on this forum any sugestions about 1 p min isp