PDA

View Full Version : Royal Mail Standard Parcels

circlestech
01-06-2006, 10:14
Hello,

I purchased a Dell Optiplex GX520 off eBay. The seller sent the item on Thursday last week. I still haven't recieved the item. How long does it take to be delivered by Royal mail Standard Parcels?

Thanks
Ben

TheBlueRaja
01-06-2006, 10:24
3 to 5 days mate - but there was a Bank Holiday in between - still...

If you need to ask him about compensation the following is provided under the service:-

# Automatic compensation cover for loss or damage up to £32 or market value of item, (whichever is lower)
# Additional compensation cover is available for more valuable packages, worth up to £500.

Hope that helps.

Have a look here (http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?mediaId=400031&catId=400028) for more.

circlestech
01-06-2006, 10:26
I have emailed him 3 times so far with no reply. I'm starting to concerned about him not replying. I will give him to the end of friday then i will put in a dispute with paypal to try and sort this out.

Thanks

Do i count saturday or not?

Scarlett
01-06-2006, 10:55
I'd give it a few more days, you'll probably see a disclaimer on the bottom of the item that states the seller is not responsible for the delivery times so they'res not too much you can do.

Royal mail can be really naff on occasion (I've had a 1st class letter take 15+ days to get through) so I'd give at least another 3 days (Wednesday next week). mail hime again asking for the proof of posting as you are looking to make a complaint to Royal mail that should get what you want as it'll prove he sent it. If there's no response then throw the book at him.

I'd hold off the paypal complain until you are as sure as you can be that he's let you down. Paypal can be very unreasonable if they even get a hint that you may possibly have at one time taken some money and not delivered the goods (do a google for paypal horror stories to see what I mean)

By the way, what's his feedback score ? have you tried to send the email with a read recipt on ?

circlestech
02-06-2006, 11:25
Hello,

I have recieved contact back from the seller who advised me to go down to the post office and check. They didn't have it there. He's sending me a copy of the reciept so that i can check my address.

Thanks

King Of Fools
02-06-2006, 12:37
It is worth pointing out that you do not have a contract with Royal Mail, the seller does. So you cannot make a complaint to Royal Mail or claim compensation, the seller would have to do that.

Flobajob
02-06-2006, 12:41
Hello,

I have recieved contact back from the seller who advised me to go down to the post office and check. They didn't have it there. He's sending me a copy of the reciept so that i can check my address.

Thanks

I don't want to instill any kind of negativity but there was a scam on Ebay a while back with people selling dirt cheap Optiplex's. If you don't get a receipt in the next couple of day's then I'd definately file a paypal dispute and get your cash back. Standard parcels is a poor way of sending items too, very poor tracking, he should really have offered parcelforce 24/48.

circlestech
02-06-2006, 18:53
Yeah you are spot on. I normally ask for 24/48 parcelforce. The seller contacted me by phone today saying that he has sent 3 other machines and they have left good feedback, The other buyers recieved their's in 2 days through standard parcels so i don't know what's happened to mine!

Dell Optiplex Spec:
Pentium 4 630 2MB Cache 64bit
1GB DDR2 533MHZ PC4200 RAM
80GB SATA 2 HARD DRIVE
DVD-ROM

Won for £185.00 + £24.00 P&P

Thanks
Ben

Flobajob
02-06-2006, 19:11
Yeah you are spot on. I normally ask for 24/48 parcelforce. The seller contacted me by phone today saying that he has sent 3 other machines and they have left good feedback, The other buyers recieved their's in 2 days through standard parcels so i don't know what's happened to mine!

Dell Optiplex Spec:
Pentium 4 630 2MB Cache 64bit
1GB DDR2 533MHZ PC4200 RAM
80GB SATA 2 HARD DRIVE
DVD-ROM

Won for £185.00 + £24.00 P&P

Thanks
Ben

Have you got a link to the original auction?

circlestech
02-06-2006, 19:32
Here we go:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8813084740&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

I was also given the service tag number when i paid for it too.

Thanks
Ben

Nidge
03-06-2006, 05:40
You can only claim from PayPal when the dispute has been going for 10 days. The guy on Ebay has only got 11 feedbacks so he's hardly a power seller.

ben1390
03-06-2006, 10:00
3 to 5 days mate - but there was a Bank Holiday in between - still...

If you need to ask him about compensation the following is provided under the service:-

# Automatic compensation cover for loss or damage up to £32 or market value of item, (whichever is lower)
# Additional compensation cover is available for more valuable packages, worth up to £500.

Hope that helps.

Have a look here (http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?mediaId=400031&catId=400028) for more.

Thats 3 to 5 WORKING days

Flobajob
03-06-2006, 10:49
Here we go:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8813084740&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

I was also given the service tag number when i paid for it too.

Thanks
Ben

It looks legitimate enough, you might be better off waiting for another week, if it doesn't turn up, request a refund from the seller and if they refuse then raise a paypal dispute.