PDA

View Full Version : Lost connection

billychops
30-05-2006, 23:39
Evening all.

Please bare with me, i know nothing.

Was downloading satday (nottingham area) and heard the beep to let me know connection had been lost,(usb connection)

Turned off pc and waited a few hours as this has happened before, but did not get connection back, and only had 2 lights on on the modem, one of them the usb light was flashing.

eThought that i had been cut pff by Ntl, , but this morning powered everything back up and am now getting all lights on that should be, usb is on and not flashing, sync light, and send and recieve flashing as if connected.

Tried to connect to the ineternet, trys for ages but fails.

On xp pro and clicked network connection and it says enabled, but when clicked it is recieveing but not sending, and says connected at 10mbs.

TRied the network troubleshooter and pinged and followed all steps and everything seems fine, eccept its saying unable to renew ip address??????

Also on properties it says lease renewed at whatever time i am connected and expires in 30 mins after this time.

All this is double dutch to me, anyone any ideas?????

Any outages in the nottingham area?

I have tried Tech services but cant get thorugh and after previous encounters have little fayt.

Cheers.