PDA

View Full Version : AEI USB to Fast Ethernet Adaptor DRIVER

rmuss
02-12-2003, 14:42
Hello everyone,

My PC at home, running XP uses the USB adaptor. I've got a laptop at work that i want to run off my broadband connection at home. I spoke to someone in NTL TechSupport and they said all i needed to do was plug the adaptor into the laptop.

Trouble is the laptop is running Windows 2000 and i cannot find the drivers for the USB adaptor.

Can anyone help, please?

Marge
02-12-2003, 14:48
The drivers are on the NTL Installation CD, best thing is to plug the adaptor in, pop the cd in the drive and restart the pc and it should find the drivers automatically.

rmuss
02-12-2003, 14:52
The drivers are on the NTL Installation CD, best thing is to plug the adaptor in, pop the cd in the drive and restart the pc and it should find the drivers automatically.

That was the first thing i did, but the drivers as far as i can see, are not on the Installation CD. There used to be a link to a download on a site called ntlcommunity, but its now dead. I'll have another look on the CD though when i get home.

Mark W
02-12-2003, 15:10
the path to the aei drivers on our cd is

ntlhome(d: )
- drivers
- aei

Marge
02-12-2003, 15:10
That was the first thing i did, but the drivers as far as i can see, are not on the Installation CD. There used to be a link to a download on a site called ntlcommunity, but its now dead. I'll have another look on the CD though when i get home.

They should be on there, pm me if you get stuck

rmuss
02-12-2003, 15:15
They should be on there, pm me if you get stuck

Will do, thanks for the help :)

rmuss
03-12-2003, 09:46
There are no drivers on the CD i have.

Just read blurb on CD cover and it states W2000 is not supported, which is probably why the drivers are not there.

Can someone please tell me where to get them?

Mark W
03-12-2003, 11:37
There are no drivers on the CD i have.

Just read blurb on CD cover and it states W2000 is not supported, which is probably why the drivers are not there.

Can someone please tell me where to get them?

what version cd do you have? - should say on the cd itself - 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 or 2?

rmuss
03-12-2003, 11:55
what version cd do you have? - should say on the cd itself - 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 or 2?
The only disc i can find is NTL:Home, which is only for dial-up. I need the Broadband Installer cd which apparently has the drivers on it.

Anyway, i just noticed another post in this forum about AEI drivers and the drivers that the link points to work ok on W2K.

So i'm now up and running.

Thanks to all for your efforts.

Ramrod
03-12-2003, 12:26
the path to the aei drivers on our cd is...

So how come CS once told me that nothing is installed from the cd onto my PC? :D

Mark W
03-12-2003, 13:13
So how come CS once told me that nothing is installed from the cd onto my PC? :D

:erm:

sweetkris
06-04-2005, 23:33
i am having the same problem :) :dozey: :( now. pls send me the url where i can download the needed software thnx!
:cool:

The only disc i can find is NTL:Home, which is only for dial-up. I need the Broadband Installer cd which apparently has the drivers on it.

Anyway, i just noticed another post in this forum about AEI drivers and the drivers that the link points to work ok on W2K.

So i'm now up and running.

Thanks to all for your efforts.

Chris W
07-04-2005, 00:57

maybe you are using ethernet... in which case nothing is installed. And if you are not using ethernet... you should be :D

jonifen
07-04-2005, 11:27
maybe you are using ethernet... in which case nothing is installed. And if you are not using ethernet... you should be :D

true, but some NTL engineers will refrain from popping open PCs incase it voids the warranty of it so they offer these USB adapters.
Some PCs also dont have spare PCI slots (in the case of micro-type systems) which forces people to use things like these adapters.

I'd always pick ethernet over USB or a USB adapter, but some people cant :(

Jimmychi15
26-07-2007, 01:23
I also have the similar problem with you, and I do not have the NTL driver on hand. I got it from UK and I am in NZ now. I did not bring my driver CD with me.
Is there anywhere that I can find the AEI USB to Fast Ethernet Adaptor DRIVER on line?

The Hitman
26-07-2007, 01:43
give me your email addy and ill send u the driver

---------- Post added at 01:43 ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 ----------

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.collins757/

the drivers their