PDA

View Full Version : When will NTL offer mobile as part of their packages?

snowey
29-05-2006, 15:02
Anyone got any idea, when NTL will lump together mobile phone, into their packages.:)

UncleBooBoo
29-05-2006, 17:04
NTL won't have a mobile phone service!

If anything they will rebrand NTL virgin and use virgin mobile!

So you may as well just get a virgin mobile now if that's what you want!

Stephen
29-05-2006, 17:57
NTL plan on changing to Virgin Cable next year and will then offer all 4 services together.

snowey
29-05-2006, 20:17
Thanks DY, thats the answer I was after... Snowey:)

Stuart
29-05-2006, 21:08
Title changed to something a little more meaningful.

Horizon
25-06-2006, 00:30
Anyone got any idea, when NTL will lump together mobile phone, into their packages.:)That won't happen until the first quarter next year when ntl becomes Virgin Cable/4Play (or whatever it will be).

The 4th July is the effective date when Virgin Mobile becomes part of ntl and it is also the first date when ntl can use the Virgin brand. At that point the cross promotion between the virgin "empire" and ntl start.

Ntl have paid (and will keep paying for the next 30 years) a lot of money to use the virgin brand. ntl aren't going to waste any time using it. The morphing of ntl:telewest into virgin won't be until next year, ntl and telewest first need to combine properly first. But what will happen from the 4th July is that ntl and telewest's web sites will have ads for Virgin Mobile and vice-versa - they will be the same company after all. Also, I wouldn't be too surprised that if you walk into a virgin megastore from the 4th. You'll, at the very least, be able to pick up a leaflet promoting cable tv. Eventually there will be a dedicated area in each virgin store promoting cable tv. ntl haven't just bought the virgin brand, but also the opportunity to promote cable tv services across all of the virgin business'.

AndyCambs
26-06-2006, 06:19
I shall probably consider changing mobile phone provider once this happens. I've been happy with Orange until now, but this month, they added small print to the bill "Itemised calls will be £1.50 per month charge - if you don't want this, call or text us"
Orange always used to offer free itemised billing, and it's a sneaky way to increase bills by assuming the service is required if there is no contact.

Horizon
27-06-2006, 00:15
One problem with all these companies bundling products together into packages. Is that it masks the cost of the individual service and cuts down consumer choice. If, as I expect, in the near future you will be forced to take more than one service from a provider "a bundle" and all other providers do the same. You can't then take one service, say telephone from one provider, tv from another, broadband from another and mobile from someone else.

Its very clear to me, at least, that within a year or we are going to end up with four or five companies offering bundled products. There won't be mobile phone companies, fixed line telecom companies, broadband companies etc. It'll just be Sky, BT, ntl and one or two others. And you won't be able to pick and mix between them, becuase they bundle their packages far cheaper than their indivdual products, making purchasing diffrent products from diffrent companies hideously exspensive. So, you'll be locked into choosing one provider for all your telecom/broadband/tv needs.

The future, you read it here first....:(

carlingman
27-06-2006, 00:34
I shall probably consider changing mobile phone provider once this happens. I've been happy with Orange until now, but this month, they added small print to the bill "Itemised calls will be £1.50 per month charge - if you don't want this, call or text us"
Orange always used to offer free itemised billing, and it's a sneaky way to increase bills by assuming the service is required if there is no contact.

:tu:

Cheers for the heads up on that one as have just paid my bill and did not notice that sneaked in.

AndyCambs
27-06-2006, 23:12

Cheers for the heads up on that one as have just paid my bill and did not notice that sneaked in.

Carlingman - I also noticed that Orange Everyphone which used to be available to all, is now only for business users. It seems Orange have been reducing services and increasing prices on the sly....