PDA

View Full Version : RE: Buying to let.

printerman
28-05-2006, 23:59
Hi Looking at houses in Leeds but does anyone know what this is?

Beverleys Clearance Scheme?

??

Thanks

P.

greencreeper
29-05-2006, 02:40
I would guess it's an area where the houses are been sold off?? Where did you see/hear the phrase?

printerman
29-05-2006, 09:07
If you look here its in the first one listed....looked on google but nothing really comes up.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/action/publicsite.PropertySearch

etccarmageddon
29-05-2006, 09:33
I'd wait for the next property price crash and then buy to let.

printerman
29-05-2006, 09:41
Not really convinced there is going to be a crash....ecconomy is too stable. Too many people here and not enough houses. At the end of the day people still need somewhere to live. Even in student areas (which is where i'm looking) if there is a crash it isn't that important. Students still can't afford the houses even if they do drop in price.

etccarmageddon
29-05-2006, 09:50
buy when the market is at it's erm bottom. dont be fooled by the ecomony 'stability' myth. the inflation figures are rigged, the economy is currently propped up by HUGE amounts of borrowing and stealth taxes - all the ingredients are there for problems in the future when the brakes need to be applied. the fool (brown) even talked about balancing the books over the economic cycle and then cynically 'revised' when the cycle started.

we are in a boom heading for bust situation simply because you cant continue borrowing and increasing taxes - eventually and probably the next government there will be changes and changes as in PAIN!

greencreeper
29-05-2006, 18:57
If you look here its in the first one listed....looked on google but nothing really comes up.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/action/publicsite.PropertySearch
That's a dynamic link, so I would need to know the search terms you entered. It's a bit of a mystery - I can't find a thing on it. Tried various places. Just some brief referances to what sounds like maybe a CPO.