PDA

View Full Version : schedual for upgrades?

chrisjones
28-05-2006, 13:39
Hi,

Anyone care to speculate how the 2mb -4mb upgrades will roll out? Im in HG1 area, im not in any rush to get the upgrade, but I'm just curious as to how NTL usually go about such upgrades?

Scope
28-05-2006, 14:37
I've heard it will be throughout June.. Personally I am on 1mb and will be calling them on the 1st to see if I will get 4mb from that day if I upgrade to 2mb (4).. Otherwise I'll sit back and wait. :)

ben1390
28-05-2006, 14:58
Also from what i've read the 10mb will go unlimited on the 1st June :)

Paul K
28-05-2006, 15:42
From what I hav read on this forum (you may want to read the 10Mb thread) 1Mb is staying at 1Mb unlimited. The roll out for 2Mb will take time and could take a month or 2 to complete (if not longer) so ringing CS and badgering them will get you nowhere unfortunately unless you know that people in your (very) local area have had their upgrades.

Scope
28-05-2006, 16:14
From what I hav read on this forum (you may want to read the 10Mb thread) 1Mb is staying at 1Mb unlimited. The roll out for 2Mb will take time and could take a month or 2 to complete (if not longer) so ringing CS and badgering them will get you nowhere unfortunately unless you know that people in your (very) local area have had their upgrades.

Based on EVERY speed upgrade in the past ringing CS will get you upgraded, you just need to get the right operator on the line. :) Some will upgrade, others wont.

Paul K
28-05-2006, 21:22
It will only get you upgraded IF your area has been rolled out, some areas will be upgraded before others. The current 10Mb roll out has taken months to complete.

drable
31-05-2006, 13:24
chrisjones,

i found this on the service status page:

On the morning of Thursday the 1st of June between midnight and 6 AM,
Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in the Baguley, Stockton, Oxford, Andover, Runcorn, Cambridge and the surrounding areas.

perhaps these may be the first areas to get the upgrade. fingers crossed.

drable

budwieser
31-05-2006, 18:38
chrisjones,

Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in the Baguley, Stockton, Oxford, Andover, Runcorn, Cambridge and the surrounding areas.

drable

Hope so, I`m in Cambridge.

basil
31-05-2006, 20:15
im in wokingham in berkshire.....

turbulentone
31-05-2006, 20:34
chrisjones,

drable

Nope it doesn't mean anything other than ntl will be undertaking some upgrades, could reseg or anything.
Ringing cmr services won't help if its a phased rollout as it will only be available in areas with new config files, so CSR won't be able to to anything

bjorkiii
31-05-2006, 21:02
Can visualise all the moanin tommorow he got upgraded why didnt i :monkey:

homealone
31-05-2006, 21:35
Can visualise all the moanin tommorow he got upgraded why didnt i :monkey:

then people will try to get CS/TS to help them jump the queue, and the whole thing goes :TU: - haven't we been there?

- I hope NTL have learned their lesson, and will only upgrade areas when they are actually ready, ;)

James79
31-05-2006, 22:11
I would much prefer that NTL actually sort out the quality and reliability of their connection and support before any upgrades tale place.

Ive been having connection problems over the last 6 weeks - rang them last week and was told that they would arrange a call back for within 48 hours regarding the booking of an engineer call out - Almost a week later, I actually got the call back!!

This just isnt good customer service now is it??

Wicked_and_Crazy
31-05-2006, 23:35
I hope NTL have learned their lesson, and will only upgrade areas when they are actually ready, ;)

when did you go senile??

zx128k
01-06-2006, 07:18
Would be nice to see the areas that are being upgraded on the status page.

ntluser
01-06-2006, 07:34
I'm on the Baguley server and my speed is unchanged.

I tested my cable modem speed this morning using the Cableforum speed test, then re-booted my STB and re-tested. There was no change.

I suppose if I keep doing that every morning through June one day I might be lucky.

Just hope that the upgrade has not been put on the back burner because some more pressing issue has arisen fron NTL.

Time will tell.

James Henry
01-06-2006, 18:24
I'm on the Baguley server and my speed is unchanged.

I tested my cable modem speed this morning using the Cableforum speed test, then re-booted my STB and re-tested. There was no change.

I suppose if I keep doing that every morning through June one day I might be lucky.

Just hope that the upgrade has not been put on the back burner because some more pressing issue has arisen fron NTL.

Time will tell.

There are 30 days in June, you will be upgraded during one of them, and your STB will be disconnected for the upgrade to take effect.

Be patient, you've lived with 2Mbit for a while. Bit scary that you're worrying on 1st June about not getting upgraded in time because you don't have it already when you were told you'd get it some time this month, don't you think?