PDA

View Full Version : Interactive multistart for '24' on Sky

Neil
26-05-2006, 14:31
Real-time drama 24 will go interactive on Sky next month to give viewers maximum opportunity to catch the show.

The episodes screened on June 11, 18 and 25 - all potential clashes with World Cup games - will be shown every fifteen minutes between 9pm and 11pm.

To use the service, Sky viewers will have to push the red button and select their preferred start time.

"We’re thrilled to offer our viewers this world first," said Richard Woolfe, director programming at Sky One. "We recognise that '24' has one of the most loyal, passionate fanbases in the UK, but few can deny the cultural impact of the World Cup.

What an excellent idea. :tu:

Click me for more info. (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds33446.html)

zrerz
26-05-2006, 16:25
agreed:) :tu:

Chris
26-05-2006, 18:14
Very good of them, especially as it undermines a top selling opportunity for Sky+ !!

RealDiamond
28-05-2006, 23:02
ER it underminds Every channel on sky as it shows what should be already happerning just like on cable, every programme should have its own channel. but Sky dont have the bandwidth ;) its just a box office channel switched to a hourly programme.

Stuart
28-05-2006, 23:15
Bit of a pointless idea, really. Anyone who wants to watch 24 and a world cup match can either video sky (as I believe all the word cup matches are on terrestrial TV anyway, so even NTL viewers will be able to watch it and record another channel) using either a VCR or Sky +. I am also pretty sure it will be available via Sky By Broadband as well.

Still, can't blame sky for going for the publicity though.