PDA

View Full Version : Weird things

cpechat
24-05-2006, 19:39
Hm my infomation for you: I Can Ping Servers, And Receieve pings, People can access a webserver i set up. I Can tracert to a website and nslookup

Question: Why cant i access any websites Except 192.168.100.1? Its highly annoying!! hope people can help! Thanks
Chris English
Http://Www.Cpechat.Info

Chris W
24-05-2006, 23:37
:welcome:

Are you a registered customer? Have you moved house recently?

If you do a reverse lookup on your ip address, what is the first part of the name?

Also- if you wish to provide a link to your website, please do so in your signature- See your User CP to set this up. Thanks.

cpechat
24-05-2006, 23:42
no i havent moved house
Reverse DNS: cur1-burn*-0-0-cust***.manc.cable.ntl.com
pretty weird people can connect to that With VNC and access the webserver on that

Chris W
24-05-2006, 23:45
iirc cur1 is for an unregistered config file.

Your service may have been suspended, or your modem is not registered properly for some reason, looks like you'll have to get onto ntl to get this one sorted.

I've removed parts of the name from your post btw just for your security ;)

cpechat
24-05-2006, 23:47
why are people able to connect to the pc then?

25-05-2006, 00:46
why are people able to connect to the pc then?
i'm not sure on the answer to that...but as far as i know a reverse dns on an ntl ip address would begin with cpc2......mine does..as does a few members of this forum...and people with ntl broadband that i've worked for.

i'd agree with chris w and that the cable modem has an unregistered config file. give cs a bell in the morning...if it is a suspended account, tech support wont reconnect, without confirmation from cs....used to be how it was done when i worked there....may have changed though

KevAmiga
25-05-2006, 18:37
If you PM me the MAC... ill check it for you.