PDA

View Full Version : What Advent Calendar do you have

Paul
01-12-2003, 19:41
Myself, the missus [and the kids] all have a calendar each year - mine is Cadburys with "Santa" on the front - and only covers Dec 1st to Dec 24th.

Just wondered what other people have. :)

Tricky
01-12-2003, 19:50
Myself, the missus [and the kids] all have a calendar each year - mine is Cadburys with "Santa" on the front - and only covers Dec 1st to Dec 24th.

Ditto - Now feel cheated that they're only 24 chocs... and that I now have a 15 week old kiddie that i'll need to eat his chocs...Shame he's not on chocolate solids yet!

Chris
01-12-2003, 20:07

:erm: *ahem*

Advent: The liturgical period preceding Christmas (from dictionary.com)

An Advent calendar is supposed to finish on December 24 - because in the Church calendar, December 24 is the last day of Advent. An advent calendar is meant to count down the days in December until Christmas. ;)

Naturally ours is a 'religious' one!

It's a large fabric wall hanging with a collage of the stable scene and 24 buttons in the sky on which you hang a star each morning. The stars are sitting in numbered pockets at the bottom of it. There's room in the pockets for sweets, for when the boy's a little older. :)

Bex
01-12-2003, 20:18
[QUOTE=towny<snippity snip>It's a large fabric wall hanging with a collage of the stable scene and 24 buttons in the sky on which you hang a star each morning. The stars are sitting in numbered pockets at the bottom of it. There's room in the pockets for sweets, for when the boy's a little older. :)[/QUOTE]

i love those sort of advent calanders...... my nephew, obviously, has one of the chocolate variety, and i do not have one at all....i feel a bit old to have a choccie one and as choccie causes me mirgrains i feel it would not be helpful, but i might get one anyway ;):p

philip.j.fry
01-12-2003, 20:22
Nothing anymore, would prefer to ignore christmas altogether, but when I was little I used to be given an advent candle every year.

Maggy
01-12-2003, 20:38
[QUOTE=towny<snippity snip>It's a large fabric wall hanging with a collage of the stable scene and 24 buttons in the sky on which you hang a star each morning. The stars are sitting in numbered pockets at the bottom of it. There's room in the pockets for sweets, for when the boy's a little older. :)

i love those sort of advent calanders...... my nephew, obviously, has one of the chocolate variety, and i do not have one at all....i feel a bit old to have a choccie one and as choccie causes me mirgrains i feel it would not be helpful, but i might get one anyway ;):p

Hey I made one of those only mine is a crimbo tree with the pockets representing crimbo presents.My kids loved it and were most put out when I finally called a halt when my son was 12.It was brought out the next year and my daughter had a go at finding toys and sweets for it but then she got bored by it.
I'm keeping it in case I get any grandchildren.Not for many years yet I pray though.

Incog.