PDA

View Full Version : Its all gone mental

gaffer_gump
22-05-2006, 12:17
Ok let me set the scene.

My house is an end link with a small extension on the back were I have an even smaller shower room on the ground floor, the back door is next to the shower room window 1x2ft in size "thats the window not the door" lol.

Anyway, the garden is about 30ft long ending with a 6ft high wall with a trellis and ivy all over it, making the hight of the wall in total about 8.5ft high... perfect to stop the scroats and wobbers.

The house at the back has it's own garden and that is loads bigger than mine and also their house is set lower down and as so when I look out of my bedroom window I cannot see their ground floor..

To the point of my post.

I got a visit from our over stretched police force this morning informing me that my back neighbour had seen me in the shower on friday and that I will be in serious trouble if I let it happen again.
I just checked and when imma in it the shower the bottom of the window is level with my elbows so what the hell did he / she see? and how the hell did they see me ? have they had a trip to Argos and purchased a trampet?

The police didn't seem to impressed with me laughing and wouldn't even come in to see the shower room.

Just to get off topic.... how fuggin young are coppers now :rolleyes:

Xaccers
22-05-2006, 12:20
Lay counter charges of your neighbour being a peeping tom! :D
After all, they're the one watching you take a shower...

Maggy
22-05-2006, 12:44
What sort of glass is in the window?Is it totally clear?:erm:

gaffer_gump
22-05-2006, 12:46
It's a frosted raised leaf effect, leaded as well.

STONEISLAND
22-05-2006, 12:49
Lay counter charges of your neighbour being a peeping tom! :D
After all, they're the one watching you take a shower...

That a fair point if you where a lady I think it would be a diffrent story.

Thay would be up for peeping toming.

They must of had a good look to see what you where doing. Have the police nothing better to do? :mad:

Tuftus
22-05-2006, 12:50
It's a frosted raised leaf effect, leaded as well.

Then I agree, what the hell would they have seen anyway?

bopdude
22-05-2006, 13:09
Let 'them' take it further, by what you've said it's impossible to see through the window under 'normal' circumstances so they must be doing something to actively watch you, i.e. climb on a chair or something, as per others suggestions, file a counter suit :tu:

littld
22-05-2006, 13:16
Yeah - don't mention their complaint - just ring the police and say you have noticed they are watching.

Let us all know what happens!

Druchii
22-05-2006, 13:22
Wow, i can see over 8.5' fences too... And through frosted leaded windows... It gets such a clear picture...

Just have a word with your neighbour, might turn out to be something trivial, although i doubt it.

etccarmageddon
22-05-2006, 13:31
They must of had a good look to see what you where doing. Have the police nothing better to do? :mad:and apparently he's guilty without any proof. I'd file a complaint against the coppers as this is clearly harrassment.

gaffer_gump
22-05-2006, 13:31
Update:

My sister is making me a small curtain out of an old shower curtain she has so that will help, in the mean time I just put a towel up.

Also because this has made me mardy I have just spent 40 mins in the garden in the rain cutting down their ivy from my side of the fence and because it would be stealing if I kept it I threw it all back to their side, I wouldn't want the police visting me again now would I :D

Soooooo now imma wet, grinning and smelling of ivy..... shower time.

etccarmageddon
22-05-2006, 13:33
perhaps the best solution is to brick up the window or perhaps brick it up and replace the area where it was with an extractor fan.

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

some people are just busy boddies with nothing better to do than moan about something trivial.

Jules
22-05-2006, 17:38
Or maybe they are just plain weird and they were gutted that they DIDN'T get an eyefull so complained any way ;)

Halcyon
23-05-2006, 12:32
LOL
Your neighbour sounds really daft to complain about such things. Why was he looking that way in the firstplace.
Surely if there is frosted glass and you are not propped up leaning yourself on the window itself he can't be able to see much.
What a waste of police time. He should have come and talked to you peacefully one day, not called the police out.

bopdude
23-05-2006, 13:03
Update:
Soooooo now imma wet, grinning and smelling of ivy..... shower time.

Wet, grinning and happy with a warped sense of revenge, I like your style :tu:

handyman
23-05-2006, 13:10
Erm what business is it of the neighbours if the shower can be seen through frosted glass. Its gaffer that should be filing the complaint IMHO.

Have you got a photo?

Of the window not you in the shower btw?

Jules
23-05-2006, 13:52
Damn I didn't read the bit about the window at first, I was getting excited

gaffer_gump
23-05-2006, 14:19
All 4 houses that are in a row have had problems with this person before, the main reason is that about 2 yrs ago he used to throw his empty booze bottles over into our gardens, none of us could work out who was doing it untill one day when my neighbour and I was out having a fish wife chat over the back fence we heard "OI, you drunken f**kin bast***, you promised".

As it happens the dude is a drunk and he was hiding in his shed away from the misses and throwing his emptys away, when the other neigbours got to hear this everytime they had a bbq that summer they threw their emptys back at him. :p:

But it has been all nice and stuff for a yr or so, thinking back I can't remember seeing her car in the drive for a while 'I drive past going to work' so I wonder if he all alone and just causing fuss.

Here is the pick of the window and yes I know the garden needs weeding..
Hmmmm idea :scratch: Is bob-a-job still around?

handyman
23-05-2006, 14:31
Blimey did you show the police the window because that's no worse than any bathroom window?

JadeFalcon
23-05-2006, 14:34
good job with the ivy .. i'd either go round and have a *ahem* manly chat with him ... either that or go leave a bag of burning dog s**t on his doorstep :D

or you could smash a few bottles in your garden call the cops and have your neighbours back you up ;)

he should get the message

Jules
23-05-2006, 14:35
Is it that little window next to the door? because if it is I don't see how anyone could see any thing! My toilet window is bigger than that!

gaffer_gump
23-05-2006, 14:39
Blimey did you show the police the window because that's no worse than any bathroom window?

The police didn't want to know, they were more intrested in telling me off.. and me laughing at them really didn't help :D

Yeah Jules its the little one, errr window that is..

Maggy
23-05-2006, 15:08
The police didn't want to know, they were more intrested in telling me off.. and me laughing at them really didn't help :D

Yeah Jules its the little one, errr window that is..

Oh just ignore it but keep the photo and when and if the g*t complains again you just show them the evidence.Doubt if it will even get to a courtroom as the CPS only deal in cases they think they can win.:rolleyes:

Millay
23-05-2006, 15:16
ROFL..... sorry but you couldnt see anything through that window....

You should have asked the police if your next door neighbour had set a camera up in your bathroom as that is the only reasnoble way they could see anything...