PDA

View Full Version : Ask for 10MB, only getting speeds for 4MB

paul1981
21-05-2006, 14:39
Hi

A little story about the upgrade that i asked for, they said i had but i was not getting it.

On 8th May i called telewest to upgrade my blueyonder internet from 4MB to 10MB, customer services (CS) said the upgrade would take place within 20 mins. Great big download's here i come i said to myself.

A few days later & the speed was still the seam, done a few speed test's all coming back as 4MB. I though maybe they doing some work in the area still, so i waited & waited but still no speed increase.

So day i had enough, so i called tech surport who told me i was still on the 4MB, i said "what i asked for the upgrade 2 weeks a go. He told me that i had to call customer services up again & ask them about it.

So i called CS back & told them that tech surport said that i was on the 4MB but the women said that I WAS on the 10MB & told me to call tech surport back again. So i called them again explained to the men what was happening, so he told me to hold the line while he looks in to it. Ok, it tuck him 15 mins to come back to me but he said he found out what the problem was. CS had f***ed up when sending the signal out to my modem & thats why i was still getting 4MB even tho the computers at CS said i was on 10MB. Needless to say he sent out the proper signals to my modem & Im very happy now.

Just hope CS now credit me what they were chargeing me for the last 2 weeks when i didnt get the 10MB

The point to this is if you have asked for the 10MB but the speed didnt increase, the silly people at telewest CS may not have done there job proply

One other thing i found out today was that the people at tech surport dont recomend any speed test website they just tell you to go: http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/ & they say if you download something from here that will tell you what your speed is.

Hope this helps any