PDA

View Full Version : Dialler URL

rearadmiral
01-12-2003, 15:43
Sorry if this has been asked B4, but I've searched the archives without success. Does any body know the web address 2 use 2 download the dialler software? I've changed usernames 2 get rid of the 120+ spam msgs/day (it worked 2 :D ) but the freedom dialler is now using the wrong account name of course.

Cheers m'dears

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

junderwd
06-12-2003, 15:47
Try https://autoregister.net/cgi/friaco_migration

junderwd
06-12-2003, 15:55
You could try dialling in to the old access number
1263 0800 5190100 (with your user name & password). If you connect and open a browser I think you"ll find an ntl page that takes you to the new dialler.

GazzaB
06-12-2003, 15:59
I think the link is actually:- https://autoreg.autoregister.net/cgi/friaco_migration

Sociable
06-12-2003, 16:20
The other option which saves having to download any "dialer" software at all is to set up the dial up connection manually.

Just go to "Dialup networking" and set up a new connection using the user name, password and phone number to be dialed and you should be good to go I think.

This is what I always use when resetting the connections for people who have needed to re-install windows but do not want the NTL "Gearbox" and other junk being re-installed next time arround.

rearadmiral
11-12-2003, 10:58
Thanx 4 all the replies, I hadn't checked back on this thread 4 a while as I got my answer in the 'Wot NTL think about freedom' thread. I already have the manual connection set up but I was getting so many engaged tones a couple of weeks ago, I thought it might B worthwhile trying the dialler again but couldn't because of the change 2 my username. (Still no spam after 4 weeks, well worth doing if U're getting 100+ per day as I was).

It seems that NTL have done something about the 'engaged' problem as it only rears it's ugly head occasionally now. Anybody else still having problems connecting?

st-clares
14-12-2003, 15:25
I installed my settings manually some 9 months ago when I did an XP re-instal using the 147008005190100. I had no problems whatsoever. About 6-8 weeks ago this number redirected me to the web page to download the dialler and the new dialup number, which I did. I now have the problem of getting the page "Saying the web page is not available offline". Clicking Go on the address bar brings up a window "Web page Unavailable Offline Click Go". I am definately online as clicking Go brings up my Home Page.

I have also had the problem of the WindowsXP Firewall being enabled each time I Log On although I have disabled it. I use ZoneAlarm as my firewall.

Does anyone know if this is liable to cause problems. I haven't Noticed any as yet.

I have had intermittent problems logging on the last couple of days which I have put down to an overloaded server.