PDA

View Full Version : Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge.

budwieser
20-05-2006, 23:25
:td: My Daughter has been in Addenbrookes Hospital here in Cambridge for the last week.
She went in with pains to her upper right hand side and as she has had a lot of heartburn in the past,they suspected a blockage in her Gall bladder.
She went in last sat morning and she had no food or liquid for 36 hours because she was going to have a scan, she had the first scan on Monday and the doctors told her on Wednesday that she should have another scan on friday because she had an inflamed gall bladder. She was put on Antibiotics on weds and she is very jaundiced, they told her that she could go home today and then moved her to another ward and took her off of the Antibiotics. then the Hospital changed their mind and said she could not go home, but they still can`t tell her what is wrong with her!
I`m climbing the walls here!!!!!!!!! I wanted to `phone the ward and speak to the manager but my Daughter said not to........They still have`nt given her a diagnosis or any treatment. After taking her off of the Antibiotics they didn`t tell her why they had.
She has a young baby at home who she hasn`t slept with for over a week now and Olivia, Her Daughter` keeps asking " Where`s Mummy"? i`m going out of my mind here! Please help me or give us some advice..

Many Thanks and Please don`t go to Addenbrookes if you are ill.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil.

Ramrod
20-05-2006, 23:40
Speak to the person in charge of her ward to find out what is wrong with her, if that doesn't get an answer then politely ask to speak to the doctor/consultant who is in charge of her case. If that doesn't work then speak to the person in charge of complaints, every hospital has one.

homealone
20-05-2006, 23:47
Neil

you said it with the 'climbing the walls' bit, you are stressed out & need to try & calm down & look at it from a step back, in my opinion. / me stands on box so I can look you in the eye ;)

Gall bladder is to do with digestion, digestion relies on bacteria, antibiotics kill bacteria - sometimes that has a bad effect on digestion....

You should know hospitals want to help people, more than most of us, here, & need to be a bit calmer so you can tell the little lass that mummy loves her very much, but is a bit poorly at the moment, so can't see her, just now, imo :)

budwieser
21-05-2006, 00:16
Neil

you said it with the 'climbing the walls' bit, you are stressed out & need to try & calm down & look at it from a step back, in my opinion. / me stands on box so I can look you in the eye ;)

Gall bladder is to do with digestion, digestion relies on bacteria, antibiotics kill bacteria - sometimes that has a bad effect on digestion....

You should know hospitals want to help people, more than most of us, here, & need to be a bit calmer so you can tell the little lass that mummy loves her very much, but is a bit poorly at the moment, so can't see her, just now, imo :)

Olivia is too young to understand that Mummy is poorly, thanks anyway.
The hospital is sooooo ****e.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a teaching hospital and most of the nurses can`t speak english for ****`s sake!
This is not what i pay my taxes` for!
My wife works in a mental hospital and if a patient has a problem, they jump the que and are seen straight away!!!!!!!! wtf is going on in this country!. My country that i was once proud of.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

MadGamer
21-05-2006, 00:24
Id make a visit if i were you. Then you can actually (try) to get to the bottom of it.

budwieser
21-05-2006, 00:41
Id make a visit if i were you. Then you can actually (try) to get to the bottom of it.
Been there a few times and nobody can tell us anything mate!
Just left in the dark..... We`re going up tomorrow, when i`ve had a chance to calm down so my wife says, she`s probably right because i`d just rip someones head off!:mad: :mad: :erm: ..............

MadGamer
21-05-2006, 01:01
Been there a few times and nobody can tell us anything mate!
Just left in the dark..... We`re going up tomorrow, when i`ve had a chance to calm down so my wife says, she`s probably right because i`d just rip someones head off!:mad: :mad: :erm: ..............

It cant be easy for you, but all the best :)

Watchman
23-05-2006, 14:58
after the palaver that my old man went through at our local hospital, it looks like this is a common problem

(won't go into details but I've belittled the worse of it by my description)

I'm now looking at paying for private health care for me and the children. Obviously my wife won't be able to get it.

Jules
23-05-2006, 15:00
Any news yet Bud? How is your daughter doing?

budwieser
23-05-2006, 18:52
Any news yet Bud? How is your daughter doing?

Hi Jules, Michelle is STILL in Addenbrookes and she had the procedure today to remove the stone which is causing the blockage.
They said they could not get it out so they will do it Thursday! if they can do it Thursday, why couldn`t they do it today!? Why don`t they just take the Gallbladder right out!?
I`m getting mad again at their incompetance!!!!!:mad:
My wife has had lots of holiday now to look after Olivia( Grandaughter) and it looks like she will have to go off sick to look after her some more!:dozey: :erm:

Jules
23-05-2006, 18:55
These are questions only they can answer Bud :( I hope she is better soon

Chimaera
23-05-2006, 18:57
Perhaps because removing the gall bladder is a bigger operation than just removing a stone? Not that I know for sure. Perhaps they didn't do it today because it might have been dangerous, or someone better qualified/more experienced was needed to do the op? With the current pressure on NHS beds etc I'm sure they won't keep her in a day longer than they need to - start worrying if they send her home without doing anything - speaking from experience, this is when you get delays. If she's occupying a bed, at least they will try and get her sorted before she's discharged.
Take care and hope she's home soon. :hugs: