PDA

View Full Version : Regestering a new account/Modem...

Efour
20-05-2006, 12:10
Oh dear,

Well i got 10Mbit installed yesterday and have it setup useing a wireless network.

After an Hour of trouble setting it up I finally managed to get it to see the NTL 250 modem.

I insert the the Supplied NTL setup CD and go through the motions..

Upon validating the Pin/User name it simply says Error 209 service univalible, try later.

Right..... So i phone up the help line and the nice Indian lady says changes need to be made to your account. Ok i say, Do them? Please phone Monday. Are NTL simply not open at weekends? Is this normal ? What kind of changes?

I am so annoyed firstly at having to spend £100 on a wireless setup, and secondly at the complete lack of help she offered.

Im already regretting the move to NTL. I though Bulldog was bad :Yikes:

JohnHorb
20-05-2006, 12:14
Well, if you look at the NTL status (link at the bottom of the page), the registration system was planned to be down until 6:00 am. Perhaps, that has overrun?

Efour
20-05-2006, 12:16
Hi,

Could you link me to this page please? I see the link, thanks !

I havent recieved any information pack from NTL or anything so im clueless to what they offer, their online support stuff.

All i got was an install CD and PIN/ Name from the guy off the phone when i ordered it in the first place.

hairy_mick
20-05-2006, 12:52
i am sure error 209 is a pin number issue correct me if i am wrong someone.
Why not try going to the reg page without the disc 80.5.178.26 that works for langley platform the details should be in the cd coverdisc for your platform.

Marge
20-05-2006, 13:00
If you wanna whizz me your details I can have a look for you ;)

homealone
20-05-2006, 13:02
i am sure error 209 is a pin number issue correct me if i am wrong someone.
Why not try going to the reg page without the disc 80.5.178.26 that works for langley platform the details should be in the cd coverdisc for your platform.

I agree, the disk is only useful if you need to install the usb driver.

Efour, have a look at

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/forum/article.php?a=13

:)

Efour
20-05-2006, 17:10
Ok i got it workign Via the VD but ill try and wipe that and do it the other way i hate the crappy software.

So far really unimpressed if this is normal then, oh dear.

Date of Speed Test: 2006-05-20 17:01:54 Download Speed: 159 kbps (19.9 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 471 kbps (58.9 KB/sec transfer rate)