PDA

View Full Version : bring a suspicious looking idea.....

kronas
18-05-2006, 16:58
ah well, i have a bit of a thing for someone who is a proffessional, actually theres two :erm: but this particular one is a dietitian, i dont want to crack on to her so to speak, already told her shes has nice eyes and thanked her a few times, i smile, make eye contact, she just seems a nice person, who i want to get to know, i am the shyest person you will know, around women, i dont know why, im avery calm person though, i just run out of things to say.

enough rambling!

the question is how do i put my point across, that i want to get to know her, i had the stupid idea of poetry, however it would be a comedic, as well as serious angle, i have not noticed a ring or anything, what do i do then :erm:

Macca371
18-05-2006, 17:04
Don't buy her an iPod lol :D

kronas
18-05-2006, 17:05
Don't buy her an iPod lol :D

hey i wanted her to love me :p: but i have learnt by lesson the hard way :)

Shabba
18-05-2006, 17:16
You can't get somebody to love you Kronas. Love is a two way operation.

Just be forthcoming and ask if she'd like to go out for a meal or a drink sometime. If she says no then you know where she and you both stand :)

And whatever you do if you get to dine with her, don't mention Avril ;)

kronas
18-05-2006, 17:18
You can't get somebody to love you Kronas. Love is a two way operation.

yes i know sir! :)

Just be forthcoming and ask if she'd like to go out for a meal or a drink sometime. If she says no then you know where she and you both stand :)

now that reads like date :erm: need something casual

And whatever you do if you get to dine with her, don't mention Avril ;)

ah my former love, drools :D

TheBlueRaja
18-05-2006, 17:31
Just tell her it like it is,

Hey, i wanted to ask you out for a while now, but im quite shy soo its taken a while to build up the courage, but i wondered if you would like to go out for a drink sometime.

Dont say a meal or anything, get her and you out for a few drinks in a nice quiet bar to break the ice first - meals suck as a first date because you do run out of things to say unless one of you is a total chatterbox.

IF she rejects you dont take it too badly though - its just one of those things, feel glad that you plucked up the courage to make the move and use that to get somebody else.

Its not easy to do - i was and still am a bit of a shy guy but im learning that the only way to get anywhere is to just go for it. Otherwise you just sit and wonder what could have been.

Seems to be working too at the moment which is well nice!

ADd
18-05-2006, 17:34

ah my former love, drools :D
If you want casual then drink is best IMO, if you go for a meal and things don't go too well you'll have to sit through all the courses till the evening is over.
Just ask her straight, when you are both alone, the worst thing she can do is say 'No'. Hey everyone has had that experience. Try to sound relaxed when you ask her, as if it is no big deal.
Obviously by asking her out, you are showing an active interest, but the first 'dates' are about getting to know each other, to see if you both have an interest in each other.
In my experience there is no 'easy' way to ask, you just have to bite the bullet. Try to keep control of your emotions, else you may subconsciously transmit this to her, and while there is nothing 'wrong' with being attracted to someone, you don't want to come across to heavy at the beginning.
You know this woman better than I, so use your instincts, she will tell you by her body language how she feels, if you can read how she is feeling you will be able to make the situation comfortable.
Above all if she says 'No', then just act cool as if it is not a problem, but she may say 'Yes', then you can get to know each other better which is great, but still stay cool - above all concentrate on how she reacts as this will tell you how to act.

Shabba
18-05-2006, 17:38
Please don't call me sir as I work for a living. Mick, Shabbs or nobhead will do :)

Ok then ask her if she'd like casual sex :)

ikthius
18-05-2006, 17:41
she may use the patient client relationship thing, if you are seeing her professionally.

just so that you know.

ik

kronas
18-05-2006, 17:46
she may use the patient client relationship thing, if you are seeing her professionally.

just so that you know.

ik

yes i thought about that, i think she might let me down with that gently.

Please don't call me sir as I work for a living. Mick, Shabbs or nobhead will do :)

im a polite guy so i will call you nob.... i mean shabba :p:

Ok then ask her if she'd like casual sex :)

oh i can do cheeky :p:

Just tell her it like it is,

Hey, i wanted to ask you out for a while now, but im quite shy soo its taken a while to build up the courage, but i wondered if you would like to go out for a drink sometime.

Dont say a meal or anything, get her and you out for a few drinks in a nice quiet bar to break the ice first - meals suck as a first date because you do run out of things to say unless one of you is a total chatterbox.

IF she rejects you dont take it too badly though - its just one of those things, feel glad that you plucked up the courage to make the move and use that to get somebody else.

Its not easy to do - i was and still am a bit of a shy guy but im learning that the only way to get anywhere is to just go for it. Otherwise you just sit and wonder what could have been.

Seems to be working too at the moment which is well nice!

aye, your right, i have learnt you have to fight for things too, be forthright, confident, casual, im not the aggressive type, im a normal bloke :) (normal ish :D )

thing is she knows im on medication, ive gone off them and feeling ok (unofficially), i felt worse when i was ON them, its kind of personal for me :erm:

Halcyon
18-05-2006, 17:47
Forget poetry. I think poetry is better for when you have been flirting for a while or if you are already in a couple.

I think you should just ask her simple questions.....ask what music she is into, what she likes doing at the weekend, etc.
You are bound to stumble upon something you have in common and then ask if she's free at the weekend and if she'd like to catch up for a drink....or maybe there is a film you both would like to see.
Just keep things easy as if you were going out with your friends and if she says yes use it as an opportunity to find out more and get to know her better.
Good luck. Hope it goes well.

Shabba
18-05-2006, 17:55
Forget poetry. I think poetry is better for when you have been flirting for a while or if you are already in a couple.

And if you ever get into a couple Kronas can i ask that you take my dog along with you - she could do with a long walk :p::)

kronas
18-05-2006, 18:06
And if you ever get into a couple Kronas can i ask that you take my dog along with you - she could do with a long walk :p::)

i dont like animals :p:

yep thats why i nixed the idea when i thought of it.

I think you should just ask her simple questions.....ask what music she is into, what she likes doing at the weekend, etc.

yep :)

You are bound to stumble upon something you have in common and then ask if she's free at the weekend and if she'd like to catch up for a drink....or maybe there is a film you both would like to see.
Just keep things easy as if you were going out with your friends and if she says yes use it as an opportunity to find out more and get to know her better.

hmm, quite true, i always like to do something abormally ove the top :p:
i dont drink alcohol, but i still like going to, pubs and clubs.
im just thinking she might reject me on a few grounds,

im not the type for her
ethnicity grounds
shes taken

or cop outs,

im not interested in a relationship at this time

etc

Good luck. Hope it goes well.

thanks, hows things going with your relationship, steady ?

Halcyon
18-05-2006, 18:23
I'm sure it was you who gave me some advice once Kronas where you said something along the lines of.... I wouldnt know if I didnt try so even if she is taken or doesnt want a relationship, it's worth giving it atleast a go. Your mind will end up exploding if you dont find out.

The thing that I have learnt over time (when not knowing how another person will react or feel) is that I must not let my feelings take too much control.
What I mean by that is this.... You have feelings for her and think she is great but she probably has no clue or is not picking up on it. I've made mistakes before where I've gone in straight away and told my feelings and it's backfired as she felt like it came out of nowhere.

I think in a situation like yours it's best to get to know the person, see how you are as friends and then build on that if you both feel like you have a lot in common and want to be together.
That's why I would keep things casual and just suggest something is going on in your town and would she like to go with you, etc.

As for me, yeah things are progressing. We've only been going out a little over a month now but we are getting to know each other and going out to different places. We get on really well and I'm taking each day one at a time, not rushing into things too quickly, and just seeing how it goes.
There is the age difference and I've dealt with that so it's not an issue for me anymore so I'm just going to see how things go day by day.
Thanks for asking.

kronas
18-05-2006, 18:36
halcyon, im ok at giving advice, not so good when it comes to myself, its inexperiance that counts against me.

im no good at being a conversationalist.

glad things are going well for you.

etccarmageddon
18-05-2006, 18:44
first start by finding out if she's available. ask "are you married, living with someone or a lesbian?" and then take it from there.

Shabba
18-05-2006, 18:49
first start by finding out if she's available. ask "are you married, living with someone or a lesbian?" and then take it from there.

I always found asking if she was a lesbian got me a fair old slap accross the chops and some nasty looks from the one in blue dungarees. You will have to pass on your technique etc..

:)

Maggy
18-05-2006, 18:51
kronos,please,please,please keep your feet on the ground THIS time.Just concentrate in getting a date,not a lifetime commitment.;) and leave out the flowery,flamboyant expressions of interest until you know it's what she likes.Not all girls like poetry.;)

kronas
18-05-2006, 19:03

asking about being married: yes

asking about being a lesbian = slap, dismissel and proberbly a complaint/harrassment suit lol

kronos,please,please,please keep your feet on the ground THIS time.Just concentrate in getting a date,not a lifetime commitment.;) and leave out the flowery,flamboyant expressions of interest until you know it's what she likes.Not all girls like poetry.;)

its kronas :D

my feet are firmly on the ground :)

i was only going to do something funny but cheesy

your face is fine i like your smile
it didnt make me run a damn mile
:p:

Marge
18-05-2006, 19:06
What you need is a nice confident girl to ask you out, not sure how many blokes would actually like this but it might bring you a bit out of your shell and take the pressure off ??

kronas
18-05-2006, 19:10
What you need is a nice confident girl to ask you out, not sure how many blokes would actually like this but it might bring you a bit out of your shell and take the pressure off ??

i pray for that to happen, metophroically speaking :)

your correct, however.....are you asking me out :p:

if anyone has any more advice id appreciate it!

Tuftus
18-05-2006, 22:11
Why don't you just ask her if she would like a cup of coffee sometime?

Simple and does not imply anything, at least it will give you the chance o get to know each other a bit better so you can plan a way forward?

smicer07
18-05-2006, 22:46
I always find "Fancy a ****?" tends to work. Cuts out all the in between crap :)

kronas
18-05-2006, 23:04
I always find "Fancy a ****?" tends to work. Cuts out all the in between crap :)

nice :p: but as i sad before harrasment :erm:

Why don't you just ask her if she would like a cup of coffee sometime?

Simple and does not imply anything, at least it will give you the chance o get to know each other a bit better so you can plan a way forward?

lol, i dont drink tea/coffee, but might have to.

edit: no vending machine around there

etccarmageddon
19-05-2006, 00:28
i pray for that to happen, metophroically speaking :)

your correct, however.....are you asking me out :p:

if anyone has any more advice id appreciate it!generally a girl will only ask you out if she has known you for a long time and it usually comes as a question/hint like "so, when are you going to take me out?". if you wait for it to happen you will have grey hair by them! my advice is be yourself and have general chit chat with her like it's your cousin/sister etc you're talking to. the more you think too much then the more the pressure you're under and as soon as there is pressure then it gets all silly - you start saying silly things because you are flustered. I'd ask her point blank "so, are you married then?" but then I appreciate that's not an easy question but you'll soon know if she's taken by the reaction - any uneasyness on her part and you know no to ask further. I'd also probably make a comment like "I'm sick of women wanting me for my body" or something like that to make her laugh. or "women are only after one thing etc".

say anything except chat up lines!

ask her where she's going for her hols this year - that usually will get a response which gives some clues as to her single or non single status.

kronas
19-05-2006, 00:31
good idea about the holidays!

how about this:

"i hope you dont mind me asking (and you look way too young) but are you married ?"

if someone asked me id think, why does he want to know or huh ?

etccarmageddon
19-05-2006, 00:35
sometimes though you can use chat up lines provided you make it obvious you're having a laugh - e.g. ask her "do you come here often" and it may get a laugh.

I remember once being with a mate and saying to a girl "we're homosapiens" and she responded "hey I'm cool with that"!!! oh dear!

---------- Post added at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

"i hope you dont mind me asking (and you look way too young) but are you married ?"sounds like a line and why should you appolgise for asking. also too long winded.

get the conversation going - ie. ask how long she's been doing this job, then ask what her previous job was etc. eventually she will open up and tell you everything she wants you to know.

---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:34 ----------

and then at some point you might say "so how long have you been married" even though she hasn't mentioned it and she will either say "since last summer" or "I'm not married".

kronas
19-05-2006, 00:37
sometimes though you can use chat up lines provided you make it obvious you're having a laugh - e.g. ask her "do you come here often" and it may get a laugh.

i think a :rolleyes: lol, seriously though, i have seen her twice and will see her a thrid time soon in june.

I remember once being with a mate and saying to a girl "we're homosapiens" and she responded "hey I'm cool with that"!!! oh dear!

:p:

---------- Post added at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

sounds like a line and why should you appolgise for asking. also too long winded.

yep i dont want to offend her :erm:

get the conversation going - ie. ask how long she's been doing this job, then ask what her previous job was etc. eventually she will open up and tell you everything she wants you to know.

cool, i might do that

etccarmageddon
19-05-2006, 00:41
and remember it doesnt matter how beautiful she is and how ugly you think you are - give her credit - assuming she ainst shallow, you looks arent relevant. and also remember if she is super fit, in the long term it wont be the looks that mean anything to you.

kronas
19-05-2006, 00:53
and remember it doesnt matter how beautiful she is and how ugly you think you are - give her credit - assuming she ainst shallow, you looks arent relevant. and also remember if she is super fit, in the long term it wont be the looks that mean anything to you.

i know know, its just she has qualities i admire, patience, clarity, good poise, very elaborate.

shes not a stunner, ill try and get a picture lol :)

bopdude
19-05-2006, 06:16
i know know, its just she has qualities i admire, patience, clarity, good poise, very elaborate.

shes not a stunner, ill try and get a picture lol :)

Yeah, yep, ahuh, a picture :dozey: and what are you gonna say to get the pic, well I need to post it on a forum where I'm disscussing how to invite you out............................ hey, that might work :rolleyes: :D

Mate, just be yourself, as you've said, you've only seen her twice, how many more sessions have you got, any chance of getting more on a weekly basis, that way the 'patter' will flow more easily than a once a month encounter, and more snipits of info can be 'gleened' from casual conversation than you would have thought. Might shed some light on her status.

kronas
19-05-2006, 13:29
Yeah, yep, ahuh, a picture :dozey: and what are you gonna say to get the pic, well I need to post it on a forum where I'm disscussing how to invite you out............................ hey, that might work :rolleyes: :D

ill think of something... or maybe not :erm:

Mate, just be yourself, as you've said, you've only seen her twice, how many more sessions have you got, any chance of getting more on a weekly basis, that way the 'patter' will flow more easily than a once a month encounter, and more snipits of info can be 'gleened' from casual conversation than you would have thought. Might shed some light on her status.

hmm. im coming back to her as per my request, she asks me and i say "yes i would like to" :D

seeing her weekly is not possible.

budwieser
20-05-2006, 16:05
ah well, i have a bit of a thing for someone who is a proffessional, actually theres two :erm: but this particular one is a dietitian, i dont want to crack on to her so to speak, already told her shes has nice eyes and thanked her a few times, i smile, make eye contact, she just seems a nice person, who i want to get to know, i am the shyest person you will know, around women, i dont know why, im avery calm person though, i just run out of things to say.

enough rambling!

the question is how do i put my point across, that i want to get to know her, i had the stupid idea of poetry, however it would be a comedic, as well as serious angle, i have not noticed a ring or anything, what do i do then :erm:

As i said in a long ago post mate, Give her Some jewellery. :) Maybe a nice Pearl Necklace! :D

kronas
21-05-2006, 17:43
As i said in a long ago post mate, Give her Some jewellery. :) Maybe a nice Pearl Necklace! :D

i think thats too forthcoming, id like to :p: but no. anymore ideas by anyone im happy to hear them