PDA

View Full Version : moving house telewest to telewest area

mister ron
18-05-2006, 14:17
I have recently (last couple of weeks) moved house. I notified telewest before I left my last house of the forthcoming move and as my new address was also in a telewest area they offered to reconnect me at the new address, I accepted.
Shortly after moving in I queried my account I had been set up on with telewest customer services, and it came to my attention that I had been set up on a new 12 month contract.

I seem to have been duped into entering a 12 month contract by simply informing telewest of my change of address details!

I understand having a new account for the new address, this happens with most suppliers (gas / electricity etc...) but for them to assume I should be entering into a new 12 month contract with them seems completely unreasonable. If I change my energy supplier and thus enter into a new contract I get 28 days notice to change my mind and actually have to sign a paper contract, doesnt this apply to Cable/Telephone suppliers such as Telewest?
If anyone has any similar experiences or any advice on where I stand with leaving this contract please let me know yor opinions.

Thanks