PDA

View Full Version : NTL Broadband Installation Problem

BAZZA_UK
18-05-2006, 13:58
I recently installed ntl broadband onto a pc via cable modem so i could update the system before passing it on to a relative. The problem started when my relative tried to install ntl via a digital set top box onto this system. Everytime we put the install cd in and get as far as plugging the usb in we are informed that the old usb drivers need uninstalling first !!!
I have put my cd into this machine and selected the uninstall, which tells me that the drivers have been removed, but when i look in device manager it still lists "usb cable modem 351000".....it wont let me uninstall from here as it says the driver maybe needed to boot up !!!
I hope someone can shed some light on this.
Thankyou

handyman
18-05-2006, 14:03
Best thing would be to use ethernet to connect the pc. I'm sure some one will come along and advise how to do this as I never worked with stb's.

BAZZA_UK
18-05-2006, 14:09
Thanks for your input Handyman.
I shall wait and see if there is another solution before going for ethernet connection. Although i did read somewhere that NTL recomends ethernet over usb !!!

maverick
18-05-2006, 14:34
Put the NTL broadband installer in your cd rom,close down any install screens that load.

Double click my computer,right click on your cd rom then left click explore,double click drivers,then double click an ambit folder.
In ther you will see an uninstall option,double click on this,it will then scrub off any cable modem usb drivers.

BAZZA_UK
18-05-2006, 14:42
thanks Maverick i shall try that later when i go to try and fix the problem....wish the damn pc was here, then again he has set top box installed and here i dont....will let you know how i get on !!!