PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Products

LSainsbury
18-05-2006, 13:25
Hello Consumers!

OK - where do I stand on this one then?

In Jan 2006 I bought a mattress from Argos. A couple of weeks ago it went faulty - felt like some springs had gone, so phoned Argos (where I purchased it from) and they said they would replace it and pickup the old one.

Yesterday - replacement arrived but they didn't pickup the old one.

So - email them asking what to do and theyve said they would come and collect it. I don't really want to waste time for a morning or afternoon waiting for them to pick it up so I told them I'd take it to the tip.

Argos said they need to pick it up as it would affect the warranty on the new mattress...

Anybody heard of that one before?

I think it's gash info and they are trying to fob me off!

handyman
18-05-2006, 13:29
If I where argos I'd insist on it being returned.

a) They will need to return it to the manufacturer for refund.

b) So they can check your not returning it becuase your dog wee'd on it etc.

Wicked_and_Crazy
18-05-2006, 13:32
Hello Consumers!

OK - where do I stand on this one then?

In Jan 2006 I bought a mattress from Argos. A couple of weeks ago it went faulty - felt like some springs had gone, so phoned Argos (where I purchased it from) and they said they would replace it and pickup the old one.

So - email them asking what to do and theyve said they would come and collect it. I don't really want to waste time for a morning or afternoon waiting for them to pick it up so I told them I'd take it to the tip.

Argos said they need to pick it up as it would affect the warranty on the new mattress...

Anybody heard of that one before?

I think it's gash info and they are trying to fob me off!

Yep, they need the old one to return to the manufacturer for them to get their refund.

How did you wear it out so soon ;)

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

b) So they can check your not returning it becuase your dog wee'd on it etc.

hmmm how do you tell if its him or the dog. no no no nooooooo i dont want to know!!

LSainsbury
18-05-2006, 13:33

If it was that important I think the delivery guys would have a note on the delivery note and would have insisted on picking the old one up - don't you think?

Wicked_and_Crazy
18-05-2006, 13:35
If it was that important I think the delivery guys would have a note on the delivery note and would have insisted on picking the old one up - don't you think?

perhaps waiting for it to dry out :confused:

LSainsbury
18-05-2006, 13:40

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2006/05/6.gif

:D

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Didn't know broken springs needed to dry out!!

dilli-theclaw
18-05-2006, 13:43

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2006/05/6.gif

:D

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Didn't know broken springs needed to dry out!!They do go rusty which is a bit of a giveaway ;) :D

LSainsbury
18-05-2006, 13:51
Well for the record - no liquids have been spilt on it!!

Wicked_and_Crazy
18-05-2006, 13:51
They do go rusty which is a bit of a giveaway ;) :D

man of experience :D

Chris
18-05-2006, 13:55

That assumes they use the same van for delivery and collection. In fact, this is often not the case. Companies often will not mix new and old goods on the same van. In any case, the broken mattress will probably have to go back to a different depot.

LSainsbury
18-05-2006, 14:26
That assumes they use the same van for delivery and collection. In fact, this is often not the case. Companies often will not mix new and old goods on the same van. In any case, the broken mattress will probably have to go back to a different depot.

Well they did say to me - and I have written confirmation in email that they would deliver and collect at the same time.

Chris
18-05-2006, 14:29
Well they did say to me - and I have written confirmation in email that they would deliver and collect at the same time.

In which case they are a shower of fools and idiots. Much like the people who tried (and failed) to pick up something from my house yesterday. They eventually managed to do it this afternoon, after I had made many phone calls to try to get everyone talking to everyone else. The job was meant to be handled by my home contents insurer. This country is going to the dogs, I tell you.

LSainsbury
18-05-2006, 14:37
Argos also told me I wouldn't get a refund if it was'nt picked up.

Now - read the thread again and tell me who gets a free brand new mattress from Argos!

MUPPETS!!!!

Jules
18-05-2006, 14:41
What did the people that delivered your mattress say when you asked why they were not taking the old one?

LSainsbury
18-05-2006, 14:51
What did the people that delivered your mattress say when you asked why they were not taking the old one?

I wasn't in....my dad was there and he didn't know the old one was to be collected!