PDA

View Full Version : cant connect with ps2 n.a and router!!!

fblade1987
17-05-2006, 13:19
hey guys i just bought a network adpater for my ps2 got it home plug everything in lead a standard ethernet cable to my router to my adapter go throught the setting up put in blueyonder as my net provider, ask it do do a test on the connection. it connects to the network then goes to the dns test and then fails.http://community.eu.playstation.com/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

I've tried putting in all the ip and dns manually didnt work im stumped on what to do please help

wakey77
25-05-2006, 16:18
Hi there matey, it sounds like ur stuck in the same boat as me, have you had any success since posting this thread?

I phoned playstation (see back of any game manual) and they said i needed to create a dmz outside my firewall, which bt said was 192.168.1.35 and input other stuff manually, but it still dont work

Why isnt there any instructions online on how to set up my bt voyager 205 router, there must be ppl out there who have the same kit and problems as me aaghhhhh!!!!!! please help:(

smicer07
01-06-2006, 19:40
Turn your wireless security off and you should be OK. Just switch it back on afterwards. Not the best solution but a quick and easy one.

wakey77
06-06-2006, 13:22
how exactly do i do that then?