PDA

View Full Version : 10mb Disconnections - Bd8

doufas
15-05-2006, 21:45
Is anyone in the BD8 area suffering from disonnections, and telewest cant do anything about it? I have had this recuring problem for the last month, three technicians and nothing improved. I have cancelled my contract as a result but telewest 10MB is good speed and good price. Do you think it worth it sticking it out till it fixed or not? ADSL is as crap as anything offering 8MB when only promising 3.5MB in my area.

My dilemas:

Cable or ADSL
Telewest disconnections at 10MB or BT ALWAYS ON at 3.5MB

twins
16-05-2006, 18:31
You could always try the 4Mb service. That should be more reliable than the 10Mb for you.

James Henry
16-05-2006, 20:48
You could always try the 4Mb service. That should be more reliable than the 10Mb for you.

Unlikely to make any real difference to the disconnects unfortunately :(

Surprised they haven't spotted an issue keep on at them if you're determined to keep Telewest services. At some point you should be able to get hold of a higher level technician who can resolve these issues.

doufas
16-05-2006, 23:08
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I have continued the subscription till end of contract and see how it goes. On the good side I have been told it is a network fault, and I have a contact in customer relations who I can speak to with consistency about th issue.

One thing I did notice was my set top boxes ( I have two) "modem" lights were flashing at about 1900hrs tonight what could be the reason for that?
Do you think it could be related to my disconnections?

Cheers

emark
17-05-2006, 22:15
i live in bd8 bradford. and my internet is running like a donkey. the modem is also crashing. i have complained and got one months credit. and my set top box does the same as yours. modem light flashes.

doufas
18-05-2006, 11:12
I have talked to someone in customer affairs and had the same credit on my bill. At least that good to know. For now I am going to stay with telewest untill october when my contract runs out and if they have not sorted it out by then I may be off.

However as one of the top heavy ISP like blueyonder, they have an obligation by contract and quality of service to make sure it is ALWAYS ON and to be honest I dont care what anyone says about ADSL, it is crap!!! BT offer 8MB only sell me 3,5, an easy excuse to get out of upgrading. I will not pay 26.99 for 3.5 when someone else pays exactly the same and gets 8MB bull****!!!!. Cable is the best way, at least when i pay for 10MB I get 10MB as well as friendly support. I have the best speed and the best value for money

The set top box modem light flashing actually inhibits teleport tv and other interactive services so I wonder what problems there are there. It happened this morning too, last night at 14.30 and at 21.00 so hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Lets watch this space shall we!!!!

saw doc fan
21-05-2006, 21:31
I live in BD15 area (next door to BD8) and I too have the same problem, had 3 different modems, technicians say it's a problem with someone using an analog wireless telephone and its causing interference with broadband.
I'm on 2meg capped service, when its running properly its great, but a few times everyday it starts to run really slow (slower than dial-up) and then disconnects, the modem light on my set-top box flashes too.
Getting very annoyed at not getting the service that i'm paying for, my patience is fastly running out and have been looking at changing my ISP.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

Just had another disconnection at 21.06 and couldn't get it back even after resetting modem and rebooting computer 3 times, now at 21.26, got it back but, running slower that a snail...
Getting more irrate by the second!!!

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Update: 21.31, back to speed it should be...HOW ANNOYING IS THIS, SLOW SLOW, FAST, DISCONNECT, SLOW, SLOW, FAST, DISCONNECT...AGAIN AND AGAIN and AGAIN...!!!

doufas
21-05-2006, 22:45
I know what you mean bud. It gets right on your tits dont it. If you can mate just hold out to end of your contract like I am, then when the time comes I will see if I am still happy if not then just get another provider. Thing is, when cable get it right, its amazing.

When they get it wrong its annoying, but what do you want? 10meg from cable or 3.5meg from ADSL (advertised upto 8meg). end of the day, disconnections may be annoying..but if your like me it should not be a problem because I am not downloading all the time like some people. I would rather have ace speeds and disconnections then crap speed because BT cant be arsed to upgrade exchanges fully. Choice brings with it great dissatisfaction.

Remember cable is relatively new for digital services to residentail areas, BT have been in the rj-45 world for years literally so there network has been refined. Cable can be great, least with blueyonder you get great customer service that you understand and that they respond to. ADSL problems lead to your ISP and BT shifting the blame, CABLE means communication and bieng heard.

By all means like me I would keep on at them, and get it sorted one way or another, you are paying after all :-)