PDA

View Full Version : together 3 years monday

akane1984
14-05-2006, 23:40
Hi myself and girlfriend will be together three years Monday 15th May. my Question is how do you know if its the one ? mean three years seems to have passed by in an instant. . . . and lately all i get from friends of mine and gfs is ooo M word soon and am like ???? lol

Damien
14-05-2006, 23:41
Dude! Congrats!

You should know man! Do you want to spend the rest of her life with her!! :)

Druchii
14-05-2006, 23:49
You'll know when the time is right, if you suddenly feel you want to ask her then she is the one ;)

danielf
14-05-2006, 23:59
You'll know when the time is right, if you suddenly feel you want to ask her then she is the one ;)

Good answer...

There's no telling... I've had a gf of 7 years walk out on me from one day to the next (in hindsight, I'm very pleased she did, but that is not the way I felt at the time (ARE YOU LISTENING STU?)) Currently happily married (all of 6 months) to the woman I've been with for nearly 10 years. Don't rush it is my advice ;)

Halcyon
14-05-2006, 23:59
Congratulations! I hope you have a nice day celebrating your 3 years together.

As for knowing if it's THE person to spend the rest of your life with, that's a difficult question that only you can truly answer.
These might help you along your thoughts...

- Do you love her as much now as you did when you first met ?

- Do you both still have lot's to talk about, lot's in common, and enjoy each other's company.

- Are you prepared to settle down and share things together, look after her through good times and bad times, care for her, etc.

- Is she the only person on your mind that you want to be with.

If you can answer yes to most of those then I'd say you are heading in the right direction. It is impossible to predict things, but that's life.
You just have to see where you are both at in life and wether you both feel the same.

ADd
15-05-2006, 00:10
It all depends if you adhere to the romantic idelogy imbued into us by literary works such as fairy tales, hollywood films, and romantic literature which dates back to the The Lais of Marie de France (late twelfth century). If you do, which is not a problem, then you could be her Prince and she your Princess.

If you have a different view, perhaps more pragmatic, where your relationship is built upon mutual compatibility in all areas of life, only you can answer your question.

It may be your relaltionship is a mixture of the two, then the fact you are asking the question shows you have some doubt. While this is certainly natural, know yourself and what you desire from life. If your relationship answers many of these questions, then this may bring you to the conclusion this relationship is right for you.

Ultimately there is no right answer, what is right at this moment may not be in the future, but this is where the strength of your relationship will be tested, which it has probably been in three years.

What I am trying to say is you can follow your heart, your head, or a mixture of the two. The decision is yours, IMHO is does not matter what others think, the important thing is how you feel, and how she makes you feel. If you 'work' together, compliment each other and you believe you can survive through good and bad, with trust and respect, then your relationship could stand the test of time.

Above all good luck, and congratulations.

etccarmageddon
15-05-2006, 00:27
at age 22 you're far too young to get married.

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

(in my opinion)

danielf
15-05-2006, 00:32
^^^^

And mine.

kronas
15-05-2006, 00:45
id wait til your 25/26 a bit more of a life, if you really wanted to wait till your 29/30

up to you.

i suppose its shows that you are both commited in a relationship.

as for should or shouldnt thats up to you as an individual, we can give you advice which im going to give, however its really up to you.

now:

for your question, it all depends on how well you know each other, as two individuals im sure you know what pushes each other button interms of your likes and dislikes, do you share common goals, are you happy at where your relationhips stands, its all about the groundwork, do you live together, have a home, have the financial security, jobs, cars, it does all matter, but in the end love can take you so far, its all about both of your maturity levels.

the rest is up to you.

Paul
15-05-2006, 00:49
Three years, cricky - three years after I met my other half, I had been married 21 months, had one daughter, and a second on the way. :)

Jules
15-05-2006, 11:19
I suppose if you are having to ask then the time is not right for you yet, take your time enjoy life you are still young, there is no rush :)