PDA

View Full Version : Question on Limo Hire

Gareth
14-05-2006, 14:07
Anyone ever hired a Limo? If so, how expensive are they roughly? I presume you pay per hour that it's required...? TIA :)

Druchii
14-05-2006, 14:10
I seem to remember my friends hiring one for something near £150 for the night (3hours) but this was about a year ago, its proabably best you ring round some companies and get some quotes.

Chris W
14-05-2006, 14:21
Depends how big you want it... for our end of school prom, we had a 10 seater for 6 hours which was £180.

8 seaters were much cheaper, and iirc it was normal to have it for 4 / 6 / 8hours

Jules
14-05-2006, 14:32
You will find that if you hire it during the week it is normally cheaper than on a weekend as well. I have Googled it but as I don't know what part of the country you are in it is hard to say how much it will cost you

Kliro
14-05-2006, 14:39
£150 for 1 hour for us in a stretch navigator :( They can charge what they like as all the balls here are around the same time.

Some mates are paying about £500 for an hour in a stretch hummer.

DaggaDagga
14-05-2006, 14:42
Go in a transit van minibus and spend the £100s on beer, you'll have a much better time!

Gareth
14-05-2006, 14:57
Go in a transit van minibus and spend the £100s on beer, you'll have a much better time!Hahaha, nice idea, but it's not for me... without going into too much detail, I'm looking into something for a bunch of kids not adults.

Thanks for responses everyone. As for location, it's in Swindon. Hadn't thought about week rate being cheaper as opposed to weekend rate... that's a good point and I'll definitely look into that.

Thanks again all :)

Paul
14-05-2006, 15:08
Hahaha, nice idea, but it's not for me... without going into too much detail, I'm looking into something for a bunch of kids not adults. I hired one for my daughters birthday last year - seated up to 8, it was £220 for three hours - and having rung around quite a bit, that was the going price.

Maggy
14-05-2006, 15:46
I seem to remember my friends hiring one for something near £150 for the night (3hours) but this was about a year ago, its proabably best you ring round some companies and get some quotes.

Huh!I thought I was well paid at £142 for a days supply work.:erm:

Druchii
14-05-2006, 15:47
Huh!I thought I was well paid at £142 for a days supply work.:erm: You are, i bet the drivers etc don't see that much per hour... The company will take alot of it in.

nffc
14-05-2006, 16:16
Sounds a bit chav though, used to be nice but they're just long expensive taxis for people wanting to "bling themselves up" :LOL:

Druchii
14-05-2006, 16:43
Sounds a bit chav though, used to be nice but they're just long expensive taxis for people wanting to "bling themselves up" :LOL: I'd take one to a dance that really meant alot to me, unfortunatly none of the schools/colleges i've gone too ever had one.

I saw one round Sheffield last night, and to be honest it looked a little... pathetic, especially when you see 5 - 10 13-14 year old girls squealing etc..

Gareth
14-05-2006, 16:50
Yep, I quite agree, nffc, they're not that impressive anymore when they're just used for a prom night, freshers' ball, etc... but as I've already said, it's not for me. It's actually going to be for my son's birthday, to take him and his mates to where we will hold the party itself. I'm not going into the details, but he deserves something a bit special this year and he has already mentioned that he has wanted to travel in a limo.

It might just be a long expensive taxi but it's little things like this that make a huge difference for a child. I'm not sure that he even knows what Bling means - for him and his mates (all aged 8) it'll just be a chance to act like film stars for an hour or so. That's what Bling is all about at the end of the day, but if you're too young to know what Bling is, are you still Blinging yourself up?

Jules
14-05-2006, 17:30
Go for it Gareth, you obviously have a good reason for making his birthday this year extra special and for that reason alone it will be money well spent :)

TigaSefi
14-05-2006, 17:41
I counted 15 going to Cardiff yesterday full of WHUFC fans!!! On the way back was funny as there was one that was stopping on the hard shoulder every so often. ( i was in a bus so therefore it overtook us several times) and a girl or 2 stumbled out to throw up :LOL:

Nidge
14-05-2006, 18:32
Please please please be aware of these vehicles, they are not licensed by any local authority, they have not had any inspections, the drivers aren't CRB checked. When I was Taxi driving I was involved with the T&G's Cab Section, I was the shop steward for the Mansfield area, we used to get pictures of these Limos that had been in accidents, they are not supposed to carry 8-10 people, they are designed to carry 5 at the most all seats are meant to be forward or rear facing.

I would not use a Limo if it was the last form of transport, when they come over here from America they've had their day, we used to get pictures of Limos that had been pulled over by police, the cars were death traps, there is no form of enforcement by any local authority or police, it has been known in the past for these vehicles to be driven by ex cons, ex rapists, etc etc. Limo firms have also been used by the drug trade to launder drug profits, the West Midlands Police did a sting a few years ago into money laundering and the limo trade came top of the pile.

Please please please be aware when you book these Limos, ask them if they are members of the national Limousine association, they will have a badge at the side of their add in the local Yellow pages saying they are part of the association, I would hate for anyone on here to fall foul of a dodgy Limo operator or their dodgy operations.

JediMaster
14-05-2006, 18:38
Questions to think about...

- Where are you Based & how far do you want to go???
- How long do you need Limo for ?
- What type of Limo? Car, Jeep?

I worked with a Limo firm & the Jeep was like £340 for 2hrs 30min (September)