PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem with web browsing

willie
29-11-2003, 20:36
The problems i am now having began after that last major outage on the network the problem is this every so often i am getting the error when trying to view a page.........

You have excedded your connections limit
Also when trying to view a page no images are loaded it also does not read the css file there is no formmating whatsoever as seen in the pic here
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/willie140853/page1.gif
Even as i type this there are lots of images missing and before you all say to check my settings on the PC this is also happening on another PC connected to a router so it is def not my pc settings at fault.
I am completly stumped on how to get this fixed as always any and all info/help appreciated.

Paul
29-11-2003, 20:53
It's not clear from your post where this error is being displayed but it could be the NAT on your router running out of o/g connections - most have a limit due to memory requirements - try powering it off/on.

Also check if something on one of your PC's is making a lot of outgoing connections and hence eating them up.

Mark W
29-11-2003, 22:54
i agree, sounds like a more widespread issue than just the pc, but if you have XP you can always try

start>run> regsvr32 urlmon.dll

(i think, if memory serves)

you say you have tried another pc thats behind a router? that mean both pcs are behind the router? try removing that, and resetting all your IE settings....

other than that...erm.... :scratch:

Shaun
29-11-2003, 23:00
The problems i am now having began after that last major outage on the network the problem is this every so often i am getting the error when trying to view a page.........

You have excedded your connections limit
Also when trying to view a page no images are loaded it also does not read the css file there is no formmating whatsoever as seen in the pic here
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/willie140853/page1.gif
Even as i type this there are lots of images missing and before you all say to check my settings on the PC this is also happening on another PC connected to a router so it is def not my pc settings at fault.
I am completly stumped on how to get this fixed as always any and all info/help appreciated.

I've been getting the red x's recently too, time to switch I think, I've asked then about it but TS just say it must be my comp, "have you tried to reinstall windows" was their last response! :rolleyes:

willie
29-11-2003, 23:06
Well i have reset the router reset the CM do no think it will be the urlmon as it is happening on two diff PC's connected to the same router so far have not had it as bad as what is shown in the pic above but only time will tell.

Mark W
29-11-2003, 23:14
hmmm...well, if you are very confident its not your pc - and ive got no reason to doubt you - you can always insist on them sending an engineer around with a laptop. i say confident, as if he plugs his laptop in and has no problems he'll charge you £50 before walking out the door :erm:

i assume TS have done a diagnostics check on your CM? packet loss, power and noise levels an the like?

willie
29-11-2003, 23:26
As this only happens every so often and is not a regular occurance will see what TS has to say about it in the morn

willie
03-12-2003, 16:28
Well i thought it was fixed when i bought a new router but alas no i am still getting the error "You have exceeded youre connection limit" on occasions.
Have tried to phone TS go through all the button pushing for each menu that come sup and when it finally gets to the one i want and prees that button the line goes dead or they just bl**** hang up on me.

eoin.miskell
03-12-2003, 18:22
I had the same problem in St. Albans, Hertfordshire last year it turned out to be a server problem. Try changing your proxy settings to another ntl server. CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF NTL PROXY SERVERS (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#ntl)

willie
03-12-2003, 18:45
will wait and see now what happens

HornetUK
03-12-2003, 18:58
I'm getting graphics missing for the last week also on web pages, just another NTL blip I presumed!

albone
03-12-2003, 20:56
I've been getting the red x's recently too,
I know that feeling well! That and the wretched DNS error message are some of the messages I am getting all too often since the last outage! And thats when you are on a forum page and changing or trying to reply! Everything is so SSSLLLOOOWWW! humph!! :cry: :bigcry: :cry: :mad:

albone
03-12-2003, 21:05
Incidentally why does my internet have ntli? when the area one is ntl? could that be the answer? that we have been put on anothers connection as a fix?

lincsat
04-12-2003, 01:00
Yep, I was getting the red X's too, changed proxy, now everything OK again.

willie
04-12-2003, 06:32
Which is all very well and good unless of course you are trying to connect to a secure server then you start to get connection refused , this server does not permit tunneling ETC.