PDA

View Full Version : Ld20 error again..

KN4995
09-05-2006, 13:48
<p>Bah. Posting from my phone.Got tge dreaded Ld:20 on the Samsung STB. TV, internet (thru STB) AND telephone all kaput. Engineer could have called today but CS obviously couldn't say when and I have to take my Daughter to the quacks. It's obviously an outage, the fault report line indicates so too, so I'm sure I don't need an engineer. Can someone at NTL please put 50p in the meter and fix the cabinet supplying Oldham? I just can't face only 5 channels tonight, and if I don't get my email soon, I'm going to explode.. I'll paypal the 50p + 20p to cover charges.Cheers. ps. If any techs have any mates on the job, can you let us know how it's going? Had no services since 9am.. :-(1</p>

bopdude
09-05-2006, 14:20
<p>Bah. Posting from my phone.Got tge dreaded Ld:20 on the Samsung STB. TV, internet (thru STB) AND telephone all kaput. Engineer could have called today but CS obviously couldn't say when and I have to take my Daughter to the quacks. It's obviously an outage, the fault report line indicates so too, so I'm sure I don't need an engineer. Can someone at NTL please put 50p in the meter and fix the cabinet supplying Oldham? I just can't face only 5 channels tonight, and if I don't get my email soon, I'm going to explode.. I'll paypal the 50p + 20p to cover charges.Cheers. ps. If any techs have any mates on the job, can you let us know how it's going? Had no services since 9am.. :-(1</p>

If your sure its an outage and the service page shows so as well, why would you want an engineer out, just be patient, all will come right :D eventually ;)

monkey2468
09-05-2006, 14:35
If you are in OL1, an optic fibre has been damaged/cut. There is a splice team on there way to the site now. 1400M of fibre needs to be replaced.

KN4995
09-05-2006, 14:47
<p>&lt;p&gt;So I posted twice did I? I am on a PDA and CF is a bit fussy with the layout, and O2's connection isn't all that. Thanks for the roll eyes-helps loads that..l DONT want an engineer.. I didnt ask for one. l jokingly posted hoping someone with a clue might reply with summat interesting, similar or even helpful..Alas..thnx monkey. nice one. more than cs could tell me.</p>

bopdude
09-05-2006, 15:05
<p>&lt;p&gt;So I posted twice did I? I am on a PDA and CF is a bit fussy with the layout, and O2's connection isn't all that. Thanks for the roll eyes-helps loads that..l DONT want an engineer.. I didnt ask for one. l jokingly posted hoping someone with a clue might reply with summat interesting, similar or even helpful..Alas..thnx monkey. nice one. more than cs could tell me.</p>

Hey your welcome, you did notice the wink and grin, didn't you ? lighten up, s*1t happens

KN4995
09-05-2006, 19:04
Hey your welcome, you did notice the wink and grin, didn't you ? lighten up, s*1t happens
Lighten up? lol.. Whatever. I was just looking for some quick and easy reply mate, not a sarcy dig for posting twice due to my fumbly PDA fingers and O2's crap connection. I'm a full time carer with a sick child. A landline is important to me. I was trying to make a jolly post, but you put the dampers on it - cheers. Just what a guy needs.

Yeah, I know sh1* happens, been around long enough with NTL to know that.. and if you notice, I wasn't complaining - just asking for a bit of help..
I notice your dig and rolling eye emoticon has gone from your original post though. Strange.. :rolleyes:

Thanks again to monkey2468. I'm not in OL1 but not far out. I presume it was the same problem.
All back up and running now, some 10 hours later.

monkey2468
09-05-2006, 21:01
No probs.

bopdude
09-05-2006, 23:29
Lighten up? lol.. Whatever. I was just looking for some quick and easy reply mate, not a sarcy dig for posting twice due to my fumbly PDA fingers and O2's crap connection. I'm a full time carer with a sick child. A landline is important to me. I was trying to make a jolly post, but you put the dampers on it - cheers. Just what a guy needs.

Yeah, I know sh1* happens, been around long enough with NTL to know that.. and if you notice, I wasn't complaining - just asking for a bit of help..
I notice your dig and rolling eye emoticon has gone from your original post though. Strange.. :rolleyes:

Thanks again to monkey2468. I'm not in OL1 but not far out. I presume it was the same problem.
All back up and running now, some 10 hours later.
Pleased you got sorted mate, it was nothing personal, but hey, whatever...

As for the edit in the post, it wasn't me.
MODS, WHO AND WHY WAS MY POST EDITED BY WITHOUT A BIG BOLD MESSAGE SAYING SO, AS PER VARIOUS SIGS ? RE..... MOD EDIT / DECISION !!!

KN4995
09-05-2006, 23:58

MODS, WHO AND WHY WAS MY POST EDITED BY WITHOUT A BIG BOLD MESSAGE SAYING SO, AS PER VARIOUS SIGS ? RE..... MOD EDIT / DECISION !!!
I offer a cyber hand to shake, mate. :tu:
I'm sure it was nothing personal at all. Had I not been writing with a stylus at 28.8k instead of on a full sized keyboard at 2MB, I might not have been so frustrated.
I'm sure the mods had the best intentions - probs best left. I'm a forum mod myself - it happens. Hate to be a part of any probs on a forum such as this.

NTL (and/or the roadworker presumably, that cut through the cable) have drove me to whiskey today. Organising work and meeting a deadline via PDA was not what I'd call fun. Midnight and only just finished catching up with 10 hours of email.
lmao.

Cheers.

bopdude
10-05-2006, 01:37

I offer a cyber hand to shake, mate. :tu:
I'm sure it was nothing personal at all. Had I not been writing with a stylus at 28.8k instead of on a full sized keyboard at 2MB, I might not have been so frustrated.
I'm sure the mods had the best intentions - probs best left. I'm a forum mod myself - it happens. Hate to be a part of any probs on a forum such as this.

NTL (and/or the roadworker presumably, that cut through the cable) have drove me to whiskey today. Organising work and meeting a deadline via PDA was not what I'd call fun. Midnight and only just finished catching up with 10 hours of email.
lmao.

Cheers.

Accepted but no need, there was never any harm meant http://img32.echo.cx/img32/8810/handshake5cd.gif

And Mods, what did happen to my :rolleyes: did someone :erm: bend the rule of modding :shrug:

scrotnig
10-05-2006, 01:47
10 hours is extremely good for a resolution time for what sounds like a major fault, to be honest.

Also, why do people always do this 'sick child' stuff when their phone breaks down? Phone lines DO break down, and it's inconvenient for people in lots of different scenarios for lots of different reasons. But it can't be helped. They won't be able to fix it any quicker just because someone has a sick child/uncle/brother/whatever.

Kneebs
10-05-2006, 09:02
Also, why do people always do this 'sick child' stuff when their phone breaks down? Phone lines DO break down, and it's inconvenient for people in lots of different scenarios for lots of different reasons. But it can't be helped. They won't be able to fix it any quicker just because someone has a sick child/uncle/brother/whatever.

TBF, I hardly think the OP was using the 'sick child stuff' in the way you describe - they only mentioned it because ntl couln't specify a time when the engineer would arrive - they could've had to go out for any reason.

KN4995
10-05-2006, 16:47
Sorry. Editing now I've calmed down...
Name calling was just a reaction.

10 hours is extremely good for a resolution time for what sounds like a major fault, to be honest.
Agreed. They worked hard to get that fixed too.
I didn't complain or say it wasn't a good resolution time.
Maybe you joined in a bit late, but wanted a bit of a soapbox yourself - just to be smart, like.

Also, why do people always do this 'sick child' stuff when their phone breaks down?
Look, I'm not even going to take you to task on how offensive that is. Post crap like that if it makes you feel clever and controversial, but you made me feel a bit sickened there - way to go.
I appreciate things go wrong. I appreciate NTL are human. I appreciate things take time to fix.
I never 'do that sick child stuff' for gain you know... lol
I say I have a sick child when I need to emphasise an important issue such as that I need a working landline, or I need a car that's mechanically sound and reliable in case of emergency - just the same as any person without a sick child might. My point was, I couldn't give a rats ar$e about the internet or the crap that's on digital TV. Due to my daughters circumstances, I just need a working phone line as soon as possible, and NTL's CS or faults couldn't even say sorry, or explain to me what Monkey did earlier in this thread. I would have been happy with that. As it happens, Hassan in the Call Centre From Hell couldn't even tell what I was saying, let alone anything else. I didn't come here to complain about NTL. I happen to enjoy being an NTL customer. I just wanted a bit of info/advice and this place has always been able to provide that.
Then of course you get the odd Pub Landlord type.. lol.