PDA

View Full Version : Outside toilets

Jules
07-05-2006, 11:27
We went out for a meal last night and on the way home right in the middle of the city center we saw these outside toilets for men, (see pic) now I know it is better than them doing it against a wall but to me is rather bizzare :erm:

What do other people think and has any one else seen them yet?

Russ
07-05-2006, 11:30
What's wrong with a good old fashioned bush? :disturbd:

Mike
07-05-2006, 11:38
Gone are the days of a kiss and cuddle in the toliet then ;)

Mike

Enuff
07-05-2006, 11:40
Anyone have a pic of what the womens look like? :naughty:

Macca371
07-05-2006, 11:51
In some towns they have some which come out of the ground at night

Russ
07-05-2006, 11:52
Like gothic teenagers you mean?

Acathla
07-05-2006, 11:53
there are loads around manchester.

they are locked up during the day but I think its great to try and prevent the good ol' up the side of a wall business!

Jules
07-05-2006, 11:56
Another thing how do you wash your hands when you have used them???? :disturbd:

This is a better picture of them

Maggy
07-05-2006, 11:57

I didn't really need another piccy thanks..:erm:

Enuff
07-05-2006, 12:33

The phone boxes look more inviting... But I think I'd rather pee on that moped! :erm:

Halcyon
07-05-2006, 12:34
Interesting idea though they do look a little strange and out of place.

It could be worse, you could be going to this kind of toilet....

Here's a picture of a public toilet in Switzerland that's made entirely out of one-way glass. No one can see you in there, but when you are inside, it looks like you're sitting in a clear glass box.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2006/05/48.jpg

Escapee
07-05-2006, 12:35
I guess this is the police/councils new money spinner!

A camera at every one, so they can have a fixed penalty fine for indecent exposure.:D

budwieser
07-05-2006, 15:00

Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned Bush in my mind Russ!;) :D

Druchii
07-05-2006, 15:15
Another thing how do you wash your hands when you have used them???? :disturbd: This is a better picture of them I think i'd miss and hit a moped to be truthful if i was a little drunk... But hey who knows, the only problem i can is if you need a crap... Then what happens?

Shaun
07-05-2006, 15:47
They've been around for ages in other citys - infact they've been popping up (http://society.guardian.co.uk/localgovt/news/0,8368,823586,00.html) all over london on a nighly basis for a Longtime!

Maggy
07-05-2006, 16:02
They've been around for ages in other citys - infact they've been popping up (http://society.guardian.co.uk/localgovt/news/0,8368,823586,00.html) all over london on a nighly basis for a Longtime!

Asked why the Urilifts were aimed only at male revellers, a spokeswoman replied: "It would appear this is a predominantly male problem."

Oh yeah like women want to squat in the open street.Of course it's a male problem..they are the only ones who can do it standing up.:rolleyes:

nffc
07-05-2006, 17:35
Another thing how do you wash your hands when you have used them???? :disturbd: This is a better picture of them I think i'd miss and hit a moped to be truthful if i was a little drunk... But hey who knows, the only problem i can is if you need a crap... Then what happens?

Ask Spurs.

Druchii
07-05-2006, 17:41
Ask Spurs. :rofl:

Nidge
07-05-2006, 17:52
They are made by a Company called Elliot Loohire Linky (http://www.loohire.co.uk/php/product-catalogue/four-bay-male-urinal-portable-toilets.php)

Halcyon
07-05-2006, 18:07
Oh yeah like women want to squat in the open street.Of course it's a male problem..they are the only ones who can do it standing up.:rolleyes:

I wouldnt really want to pass by and see men either. Toilets should be inside a building. Those outside toilets make the streeets look awful.
I think men and women should be in a private place when going to the toilet, not in full street view.

Angua
07-05-2006, 18:14

Asked why the Urilifts were aimed only at male revellers, a spokeswoman replied: "It would appear this is a predominantly male problem."
Just for us ladies the girly version :Yikes:
Download Failed (1)
You do need this (http://www.pmate.co.uk) though :D

Druchii
07-05-2006, 18:17
Just for us ladies the girly version :Yikes: http://www.pmate.co.uk/jump_images/galleries/4_10_13.JPG You do need this (http://www.pmate.co.uk) though :D Time to learn origami me thinks...

Nidge
07-05-2006, 18:25

Does a nice hand pop out and wash it for you?

Stuart
07-05-2006, 18:28

Supposedly, these are more hygenic. However, if you had smelled the ones opposite Charing Cross station in London on a Saturday night (or indeed, any night), you would wonder exactly HOW they are more hygenic.

marky
07-05-2006, 18:30
Apparently it would be more hygenic to wash your hands before, how true this is i dont know.

me283
07-05-2006, 18:32
I saw them once at an outdoor event in England, which was in a field. That was a portable one, which was just a king of huge drum with a few holes in the side. However I've also seen them for many years in Amsterdam.

Stuart
07-05-2006, 18:39
Apparently it would be more hygenic to wash your hands before, how true this is i dont know.

Well, I think the main problems with the ones outside Charing Cross station is that (as far as I know) they are rarely (if ever) flushed.

Angua
07-05-2006, 18:42
I think they hold about 400 litres and are taken away and emptied :erm:

marky
07-05-2006, 18:44
Well, I think the main problems with the ones outside Charing Cross station is that (as far as I know) they are rarely (if ever) flushed.
I feel sick now, thinking of the smell of ages old stale pee :sick:

Angua
07-05-2006, 18:46
Well, I think the main problems with the ones outside Charing Cross station is that (as far as I know) they are rarely (if ever) flushed. I feel sick now, thinking of the smell of ages old stale pee :sick:

Judging by the state of some pavements on a Sunday morning they would be filled up in 2 days. :rofl:

Halcyon
07-05-2006, 18:52
I'd hate to be the one that has to go and collect it and clean them.
Those people are very brave indeed !!!

marky
07-05-2006, 18:53
Drawing straws to who pulls the plug out :Yikes:

Druchii
07-05-2006, 18:55
Drawing straws to who pulls the plug out :Yikes: Or just wear arm length gloves?

Jules
07-05-2006, 18:59
I don't understand why they don't use porta loos instead then no one can be offended and men and women can use them

marky
07-05-2006, 19:00
Or just wear arm length gloves?
Or get the YTS to do it :devsmoke:

Stuart
07-05-2006, 19:17
I don't understand why they don't use porta loos instead then no one can be offended and men and women can use them

Porta loos require more staff.

nffc
07-05-2006, 19:25
Probably also work in Docklands Hotel kitchens :D

Nidge
08-05-2006, 05:08

You don't smell anything because they have a chemical solution in the main tank.

---------- Post added at 05:08 ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 ----------

A mate of mine cleans the toilets out, he's been doing it for 5 years, he said it's the best job he's ever had, he gets a brand new truck with a tank on the back, he just pops the pipe into the toilet then sucks it all out.

Stuart
08-05-2006, 10:14

You don't smell anything because they have a chemical solution in the main tank.

You've obviously never been past the urinals I am referring to then. They are supposedly plumbed in, and are not chemical toilets.

And, yes, they do stink of stale pee.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 ----------

BTW, found a photo.. http://www.urinal.net/charing_cross_new/

Vlad_Dracul
09-05-2006, 19:54
Yes,they are a novel idea and a good one. Ideally they should be placed somewhere slightly more discrete and it saves our English drunks from ****ing in the street every night. It also prevents deviant homosexuals from having dubious liasons in "normal" public toilets.

iSteve
11-05-2006, 22:27
Slightly offtopic but I'm not sure this was worth a new thread:

Theres something that makes even less sense than an outdoor toilet. Something given away on a gameshow earlier today (I forget the name of the show):

An outdoor.... FIREPLACE!

Think about it..... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Angua
11-05-2006, 22:52
Slightly offtopic but I'm not sure this was worth a new thread:

Theres something that makes even less sense than an outdoor toilet. Something given away on a gameshow earlier today (I forget the name of the show):

An outdoor.... FIREPLACE!

Think about it..... :confused: :confused: :confused:
Not so daft, ;) these days gardens are no more, they are rooms and having seen some which include an outdoor TV or refrigerated bar, a fireplace seems rather normal.:Yikes:

greencreeper
11-05-2006, 23:13
I don't get my bits out in public. I always use a cubicle with a locking door. As a gay man, I'm very aware of the strange men that hang about :D Plus I'm shy :blush:

Halcyon
12-05-2006, 09:54
I was thinking about this whole toilet topic the other day and came to the conclusion that do we really need toilets in public areas these days ?
Every house has a toilet, and if you go out to a bar or restaurant they have toilet facilities there.
I know that when I go out, I never need to go to the toilet in the streets.

Most of the toilets in the town centre where I live have become places for drugs and dodgy people to hang out so best avoided.

Druchii
12-05-2006, 12:16
I was thinking about this whole toilet topic the other day and came to the conclusion that do we really need toilets in public areas these days ? Every house has a toilet, and if you go out to a bar or restaurant they have toilet facilities there. I know that when I go out, I never need to go to the toilet in the streets. Most of the toilets in the town centre where I live have become places for drugs and dodgy people to hang out so best avoided. Thinking after hours though, if you're on your way home and need the loo? What do you do ?

Exactly, you need a toilet in the streets really...

Stuart
12-05-2006, 12:32
We do need toilets in public places. If we don't have them, people will just "go" in the street.

Also, as Druchii says, if you happen to be out after hours, need the toilet and can't wait until you get home, what do you do? Go to the local night club (assuming there is one locally)? Most bouncers I know of wouldn't let you in just because you needed a wee, and it could get a little expensive if you have to pay an admission fee.

Halcyon
12-05-2006, 13:13
Ah yeah I see your point on the after hours thing.
I guess they are needed after all then.