PDA

View Full Version : what happened to....

kronas
07-05-2006, 00:10
cappuccino flavored aeros, can you still get them ? :D

Druchii
07-05-2006, 00:15
Ooooh, theres a treat. I had about 3 of them, and after that i could find them no more :(

Macca371
07-05-2006, 00:18
Oh crikey, they were nice. I want a gold bar, they were my favourite biscuits ever.

nffc
07-05-2006, 00:29
Can anyone remember Marathon bars - if you can, how old are you?

zing_deleted
07-05-2006, 00:33

snickers to you sir ;)

Ill risk it for a swiskit ;)

Druchii
07-05-2006, 00:33
snickers to you sir ;) Ill risk it for a swiskit ;) Tis all i can remember too actually.

nffc
07-05-2006, 00:38
snickers to you sir ;) Ill risk it for a swiskit ;) Tis all i can remember too actually.

What, you can or can't remember when Snickers were Marathon?

Starburst / Opal Fruits is another. Any more?

zing_deleted
07-05-2006, 00:41
course I can remember ;) I remember when space dust was poison and Golden Nuggets got banned (before there revival)

I remember Treats chocolate and peanut not M&M per say but the same and before

Druchii
07-05-2006, 00:53
What, you can or can't remember when Snickers were Marathon? Starburst / Opal Fruits is another. Any more? I can't, but i do remeber when Opal Fruits were King, and starburst never existed :)

budwieser
07-05-2006, 09:50
I think that i read somewhere yesterday that Mars bars are to be renamed as well! :dozey: :erm:

gazzae
07-05-2006, 09:53
I think that i read somewhere yesterday that Mars bars are to be renamed as well! :dozey: :erm:

To Believe. Just for the world cup though.

iain_herts
07-05-2006, 11:04
here u go have a look on here some oldies

https://www.aquarterof.co.uk

Enuff
07-05-2006, 11:34
Aztec bars, Dundee biscuits :drool:, Bar six, Spangles... do they still do Swizzles? :D

Jules
07-05-2006, 11:35
Good link thanks Iain :tu:

Halcyon
07-05-2006, 12:20
Mmmmmm, cappuccino flavored aeros sound lovely !!!
I also like buying chocolate covered coffee beans.....very nice !!!

As for other chocolate bars, I used to love Fuse bars and Galaxy fruit and nut.

Druchii
07-05-2006, 15:08
Mmmmmm, cappuccino flavored aeros sound lovely !!! I also like buying chocolate covered coffee beans.....very nice !!! As for other chocolate bars, I used to love Fuse bars and Galaxy fruit and nut. Fruit and Nut still exists i think, or is that Dairy Milk now?

Fuse bars however, WOW, they were nice :) In fact, i might take a look round the corner shop and see what i can see, maybe even ask about a few oldies... haha.

zing_deleted
07-05-2006, 15:18
:mad: DAm you DAm you all to hell with your tales of chocolate this and fruit and nut that :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

Druchii
07-05-2006, 15:22
:mad: DAm you DAm you all to hell with your tales of chocolate this and fruit and nut that :mad: :mad: :mad: :D Getting peckish ?

zing_deleted
07-05-2006, 15:24
lol lol craving fecking chocolate :D

Druchii
07-05-2006, 15:34
lol lol craving fecking chocolate :D Well, i might just tootle off to the corner shop after all ten, and buy s=myself a nice lovely hugebar of galaxy... And then settle down with a nice warm cup of hot cocoa... Ahh, that's the life...

budwieser
07-05-2006, 19:33
What about Sherbet filled ` Flying Saucers`? And ` Liquorice Dabs`?
:D Goody Bags with the Bloody Awful ` Parma Violets`.

Jubblies? MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm:D
Sherbet Dips and what were the tubes of Sherbet that you sucked up with a Liquorice straw? were they the Dabs?

Druchii
07-05-2006, 19:36
You can still bu all of those budwieser :) And the parma violets are nice :O

budwieser
07-05-2006, 19:42
You can still bu all of those budwieser :) And the parma violets are nice :O

Can you really? :) Don`t buy too many sweets nowadays myself. expect i will for my Grand Daughter soon though.:rolleyes: :D

homealone
07-05-2006, 19:43
what were the tubes of Sherbet that you sucked up with a Liquorice straw?

those were Bassetts 'Sherbet Fountains' - they should have had a health warning - breathing sherbet isn't recommended ;)

Druchii
07-05-2006, 19:44
Can you really? :) Don`t buy too many sweets nowadays myself. expect i will for my Grand Daughter soon though.:rolleyes: :D Of course you can :)
You can't buy them singally anymore though, nt to my knowledge anyway.

Saucers were the best :)

And good luck with the grand-daughter :)

nffc
07-05-2006, 20:05
what were the tubes of Sherbet that you sucked up with a Liquorice straw?
those were Bassetts 'Sherbet Fountains' - they should have had a health warning - breathing sherbet isn't recommended ;)

They were cool.

me283
07-05-2006, 20:19
Anyone else remember Ovaltine chocolate bars? Or (really going back a long way now) Zing Bars? More recently, the white chocolate lime KitKat was yummy!

budwieser
07-05-2006, 20:33
Of course you can :)
You can't buy them singally anymore though, nt to my knowledge anyway.

Saucers were the best :)

And good luck with the grand-daughter :)

" And good luck with the grand-daughter :)"
Cheers Dude.:D

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

Sherbet Fountains!!!!!!!!!!! Coughed many a time with those Feckers!:D Thanks for that.:)

Gareth
07-05-2006, 21:07
What about Wispa...? Anyone seen them around? They were good.

Also, Pacers... they were kinda like mint flavoured Opal Fruits.

Druchii
07-05-2006, 21:09
What about Wispa...? Anyone seen them around? They were good. Also, Pacers... they were kinda like mint flavoured Opal Fruits. Wipa still exist i think, a shop in Kiveton still has them as far as i know. Bloody nice choccie too :)

budwieser
07-05-2006, 21:18
Wipa still exist i think, a shop in Kiveton still has them as far as i know. Bloody nice choccie too :)

Wispa is only Aero though isn`t it?:erm: but then i always thought Aero tasted better than Wispa!:disturbd:

What about Curly wurlys!!!!!! Not seen them about for years!

Druchii
07-05-2006, 21:19
Wispa is only Aero though isn`t it?:erm: but then i always thought Aero tasted better than Wispa!:disturbd: What about Curly wurlys!!!!!! Not seen them about for years! I dunno, i couldn't tell much of a difference, but it could be...

Jules
07-05-2006, 21:29
Curly Wurlys are still about but what about my coffee walnut whips they don't make them any more :(

Gareth
07-05-2006, 21:30
Nooo, Wispa had really tiny holes and loads of chocolate, but Aero has huge holes and less chocolate... plus Cadbury's chocolate tastes better than Mars chocolate, imo.

I'll admit that the old Wispa adverts were crap though

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Yeah, they sell curly wurlys in the shop we have on-site at work. I'll buy you one if you like :)

budwieser
07-05-2006, 21:39
Nooo, Wispa had really tiny holes and loads of chocolate, but Aero has huge holes and less chocolate... plus Cadbury's chocolate tastes better than Mars chocolate, imo.

I'll admit that the old Wispa adverts were crap though

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Yeah, they sell curly wurlys in the shop we have on-site at work. I'll buy you one if you like :)

Thanks very much for the offer Mate!:tu: They changed the recipe for curly wurly`s back in 1975 i think it was and they were never the same!
Used to love Texan bars though, the sort of thing that would pull your fillings out!:disturbd: :D

Why did they change Milky way bars as well!>?????????????

Stuart
07-05-2006, 22:22
Looks like wispa isn't available now.. :(

It's not listed on the Cadbury site.

Gareth
07-05-2006, 22:29
According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wispa)... It was discontinued by Cadbury in 2003 in favour of the Dairy Milk Bubbles bar. :cry:

Halcyon
07-05-2006, 22:38
Wispa is only Aero though isn`t it?:erm: but then i always thought Aero tasted better than Wispa!:disturbd:

What about Curly wurlys!!!!!! Not seen them about for years!

Yeah Whispa was more chocately and seemed sort of slightly coffee flavoured to some slight extent.

I also love Mint Matchmaker sticks, very nice......and double deckers.

A couple of years ago they used to make these little chocolate Christmas puddings that were in two halves. They were lovely and had a kind of milk chocolate truffle nutty centre !!!
Then they decided to poison them by adding a marzipan flavour to them. yuck.

kronas
08-05-2006, 20:11
I also love Mint Matchmaker sticks, very nice......and double deckers.

that reminds me, something ive not had in years, after eight mints :)

Maggy
08-05-2006, 20:25
Ok hands up anyone who remembers Spangles?:D

Scrubbs
08-05-2006, 20:42

that will be me then' and black jacks and fruit salad 4 for a 1d and loose sweets called "ebor creams" a bit like edinbrough rock:D

Wheres your avator gone?

Silent Wings
08-05-2006, 20:46

My hands up :D what about nux ? who remembers them :)

Chimaera
08-05-2006, 21:00

My hands up :D what about nux ? who remembers them :)
Yeah - I remember Spangles - hated the Old English ones :sick:
And Nux bars - I thought they were a figment of my imagination! They were lovely :drool:
Oh, the joys of my parents owning a sweetshop as I was growing up! :D

homealone
08-05-2006, 21:37

Spangles were great because they seemed to be the first boiled sweet that didn't rip the roof of your mouth apart, like a 'sour lemon' or a 'pear drop', would.

- but they did get very gooey, in your pocket, on a hot day ;)

- and how many 'mighty imps' could you hold in your mouth at the same time ? :cool: :D

budwieser
08-05-2006, 22:53
Spangles were great because they seemed to be the first boiled sweet that didn't rip the roof of your mouth apart, like a 'sour lemon' or a 'pear drop', would.

- and how many 'mighty imps' could you hold in your mouth at the same time ? :cool: :D
Ah Mighty Imps, Liquorice and Aniseed i think they were, is that right and as hot as hell! :D

ikthius
08-05-2006, 23:18
whatever happened to cabanas?

ik

homealone
08-05-2006, 23:35

Ah Mighty Imps, Liquorice and Aniseed i think they were, is that right and as hot as hell! :D

yup :cool;

orangebird
11-07-2006, 14:07

Yep, I do - I'm 31.

Lion Bars - are they still around?

Opal Fruits too, not Starbursts.

Maggy
11-07-2006, 14:09
What I want to know is what happened to Tiger nuts? :(

zing_deleted
11-07-2006, 14:10

Yep, I do - I'm 31.

Show me your snickers ;) :LOL:

orangebird
11-07-2006, 14:11

I would but I haven't got any today... :naughty:

Nugget
11-07-2006, 14:13

Well, at least now we know why the tiger is an endangered species ;)

AndrewJ
11-07-2006, 14:14
I would but I haven't got any today... :naughty:

:dozey::disturbd::rofl:

MadGamer
11-07-2006, 16:19
What about the Milky Way Stars and the Wonka Bars?

Graham M
11-07-2006, 16:20
Milkyway Stars are very much alive, the Wonka Bars fuzzed out not long after the film had.

Maggy
11-07-2006, 16:21
Well, at least now we know why the tiger is an endangered species ;)

They were sold by KP nuts in little 2d(old pence) cellophane packets.Shows how much younger than me you are you whipper snapper you.:p:

TheDaddy
11-07-2006, 16:26
Yep, I do - I'm 31.

Lion Bars - are they still around?

Opal Fruits too, not Starbursts.

I think I had a lion bar a few Sundays back although at 5 o'clock on a Sunday morning it really could have been anything, probably wasn't even chocolate at all :erm:

Nugget
11-07-2006, 16:28
They were sold by KP nuts in little 2d(old pence) cellophane packets.Shows how much younger than me you are you whipper snapper you.:p:

Well, allergic to nuts which is why I'm probably a little lax in the remembering them department :)

Oh, and definitely younger as well :PP:

Graham M
11-07-2006, 17:13
Yep Lion Bars are most definitely still around! They disappeared for a while but there was demand for them so they were bought back! KP Used to do flavoured nuts, but I've not seen them in ages!!

Chimaera
11-07-2006, 17:20
What happened to Nux bars? They were lovely! :drool: :D

san antonio man
12-07-2006, 23:49
Re cappuccino flavored aeros try TESCO i here there open 24 hours lol im sure you could find some one to give you a lift LOL.

Anyway hope your ok kronas long time no hear.

Millay
13-07-2006, 00:43
I remember packets of crisps costing 3p my nan owned a pub and I was a youngster..

Lion bars rock...

does anyone rember hedgehog flavoured crisps?

Xaccers
13-07-2006, 05:32
I remember packets of crisps costing 3p my nan owned a pub and I was a youngster..

Lion bars rock...

does anyone rember hedgehog flavoured crisps?

Yes! Those and marmite flavoured ones were the only 2 out of 10 which I couldn't name in biology whilst tasting with a pinched nose to demonstrate that taste relies on smell.
I can't smell, and was able to successfully name 8 flavours of crisp :D