PDA

View Full Version : 1Mb Customers

lvlister2005
06-05-2006, 16:19
So what i need to know is are 1mb customers getting an upgrade when every other tier is, are we still stuck at 1 Mb for the future or are we just getting left behind or are we getting an upgrade please help me sort this out.

Jon T
06-05-2006, 16:26
I don't think 1Mb customers are getting anything.

Problem is, as I see it, if they (NTL) give 1mb customers an increase (say to 2Mb), your gonna get present 2Mb customers saying "Come June I can downgrade a tier, pay less but get the same speed as i'm getting now".

Matth
10-05-2006, 23:16
1Mb customers on Pace STB would be pestering for an upgrade if higher speed was available on the basic level, so it makes sense for the lowest tier not to exceed 1Mbit.

I was getting ready to kick up a stink if forced from 300k/30GB to 1Mb/3GB, so the 1Mb/"unlimited" is more than enough, even if it's really 1Mb/30GB, I'd be nowhere near the limit.

If Talktalk don't make a complete b*ll*cks of it, £17.99 begins to look rather expensive for a 1mbit service, especially as part of a triple play - having a pop at retentions, and moving to talktalk if unsuccessful, looks more attractive by the day.

DaggaDagga
11-05-2006, 00:44
Are we implying that 1Mb customers are some kind of race, so NTL are being racist or something? :confused:

You are not stuck at 1Mb at all. Just pay the money to upgrade like the rest of us. Your choice entirely.

AndrewJ
11-05-2006, 00:49
Are we implying that 1Mb customers are some kind of race, so NTL are being racist or something? :confused:

You are not stuck at 1Mb at all. Just pay the money to upgrade like the rest of us. Your choice entirely.

I agree 1mb is a basic speed for people who just want the internet, and are not "power users" the next tier is not a major bill at it's current price.

Wod
11-05-2006, 20:37
I Rekon ntl will upgrade 1mb users in like august