PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having problems with connection cutting out?

DieDieMyDarling
06-05-2006, 11:05
Over the last maybe 2 weeks, I've been reliving old woes.
Just like when ntl upgraded the config files, the modem keeps cutting out and needs a power off, power on, to get connected again.

It's exactly the same as it was then, i've checked and i'm still on config 003, so it hasn't actually changed back to the bad config. Could it be another problem? Or perhaps a way of traffic sharing?

As soon as i turn it off and on, it's fine, so i really don't think the modem is faulty. Speeds are fine, when it's running, i can get up to 8mb and there's no packet loss, etc. It just cuts out after a random amount of time, between 2 mins and maybe 90 mins. If i'm not downloading, it has no problems, and if i limit my connection to 5mb, 4mb, etc, it lasts longer, so the speed does seem to play a part. Which is what made me think of traffic sharing. Again, this is all exactly the same as i had when we had dodgy config files.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 11:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

UPDATE: It would appear it's changed today, rather than cutting out the connection, it's now reducing down to a maximum speed of around 60k, quite a big jump from the 1000k i was getting.
Again though, if i turn the modem off and on, it goes back to normal.
I seem to be able to get up to 60k on Newsgroups, when the speed reduces, but a lot less while browsing, maybe a max of 20k/sec.

It's now a random matter of how long i get good speeds for, the lights don't change on the modem, they all stay lit, apart from the ethernet one, which flashes (always did).

mcmanic
06-05-2006, 20:20
firmware ntlhm120_ntl0003.cpr was the bad config file which was rollbacked to 002

DieDieMyDarling
06-05-2006, 23:00
firmware ntlhm120_ntl0003.cpr was the bad config file which was rollbacked to 002

You sure? I thought we were on 001, then they did 002 and that was the dodgy one, so they updated it to 003?

At present i'm on :

Network Access : Enabled
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 10240000 bps
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 512000 bps
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Software Upgrade File Name : ntlhm120_ntl0003.cpr
Software Upgrade AdminStatus : allowProvisioning
UpgradeSoftware Upgrade OperStatus : completeFromProvisioning

Your_da
07-05-2006, 12:31
I've noticed these problems over the last few weeks in Belfast too, thought it was due to the Network maintenance but thats finished now according to the website.

My firmware is also ntlhm120_ntl0003.cpr

I believe my problem may be related to upload speed, I get disconnects more frequently when uploading to much with bittorrent

DieDieMyDarling
07-05-2006, 12:59
I've noticed these problems over the last few weeks in Belfast too, thought it was due to the Network maintenance but thats finished now according to the website.

My firmware is also ntlhm120_ntl0003.cpr

I believe my problem may be related to upload speed, I get disconnects more frequently when uploading to much with bittorrent

I don't use torrents myself, but i've noticed i get disconnected more often if i'm downloading at higher speeds. Which i guess would need more upstream to support it.

mcmanic
07-05-2006, 20:41
You sure? I thought we were on 001, then they did 002 and that was the dodgy one, so they updated it to 003?

At present i'm on :

Network Access : Enabled
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 10240000 bps
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 512000 bps
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Software Upgrade File Name : ntlhm120_ntl0003.cpr
Software Upgrade AdminStatus : allowProvisioning
UpgradeSoftware Upgrade OperStatus : completeFromProvisioning

i'm 110% positive as i was one of the NTL120 users effected and noticed straight away within hours (shame the guys who are meant to check that firmware is ok didn't be releasing it :rolleyes: )

look here and you will see,
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=41482&highlight=ntl120

either you never got downgraded back to 002 like the rest of us or again NTL have pushed through this firmware again just recently and its still fubar for NTL120 users, for that i cannot tell as i'm back to 2meg and 2meg is on ntlhm120_ntl0001.cpr

DieDieMyDarling
07-05-2006, 20:55
i'm 110% positive as i was one of the NTL120 users effected and noticed straight away within hours (shame the guys who are meant to check that firmware is ok didn't be releasing it :rolleyes: )

look here and you will see,
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=41482&highlight=ntl120

either you never got downgraded back to 002 like the rest of us or again NTL have pushed through this firmware again just recently and its still fubar for NTL120 users, for that i cannot tell as i'm back to 2meg and 2meg is on ntlhm120_ntl0001.cpr

Great. :td: I was definitely moved to the right one, and everything was fine for ages. This has only started happening again recently. I wonder if the 003 firmware was actually a big mistake aferall, maybe they were testing it, for traffic shaping purposes? And are now pushing it out bit by bit, starting with Belfast. IT definitely limits the amount you can download, as it cuts out and you can only get connected again by turning the modem off and on, so no downloading mass amounts overnight.

Any ntl employees here, know if this is what's happening? Or if i should phone it in as a fault?

Code601
08-05-2006, 11:31
Its happening here too, but only every other day or so. Just happened when i was downstairs making coffee, no downloads/uploads running or anything.

Restarted the modem and here I am.

Your_da
08-05-2006, 11:38
If anyone knows what we should that would be a great help,
I'm on 2 meg with the 003 firmware and this has only started happening in the last few weeks.
Would support change back the Firmware version if we phoned through a fault?

Enuff
08-05-2006, 12:39
Same here... I've never had to reboot my modem and pc as much as this before. it's been happening for about 2 to 3 weeks, the modem (NTL:250) just seems to intermittently freeze while browsing or I get disconnected.

I dont know if this is the right info people need to see.. But it looks techy enough :D I'm in manchester on the 10mb

Cable Modem : Euro-DOCSIS 1.0/1.1/2.0 Compliant
Boot Code Version : 2.1.6d
Software Version : 2.94.1010
Hardware Version : 1.19
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Disabled

Your_da
08-05-2006, 18:18
Just called tech support, explained the problem and that it could be related to version 003 update etc
Ended up with an engineer booked for Wednesday between 5-8 pm, he said the engineer would probably just swap the modem from my current ntl120 to the ntl250.

Will let you know how I get on.

DieDieMyDarling
08-05-2006, 18:38
According to one of the posts above, the 250 is just as bad. The firmware wil be something installed in your area i think, so changing the modem won't really help, you'll still be connecting to the same UBR, and recieving the same firmware update.

mcmanic
09-05-2006, 11:15
don't think the firmware is to do with limiting the amount you download because when i was on 003 on my NTL120 i couldn't download anything for any period of time, sometimes it'll lock the modom straight away and other times it would take awhile. Its just a badly implemented firmware thats not been tested properly.

There is a guy called Oven Chips (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/member.php?u=13974) on here who delt with it last time

Your_da
09-05-2006, 14:32
I'll get him to swap it out anyway and I'll try to replicate the problem to see if it still cuts out, if it does he can keep working on it till its fixed :)
either way I should end up with the new modem in case I ever decide to go to 10meg

Your_da
10-05-2006, 17:30
Right , Engineer has been and gone,
He was early !!! and while he was waiting for me to arrive he checked all signal levels and that everything was ok from outside.
Came in, checked a few things and swapped the modem over for the ntl 250.

Have been uploading since he swapped them over and as of yet have had no disconnects. All seems to be running smoothly, so am happy so far.
Thanks ntl and hope it continues ok.

68th
11-05-2006, 19:48
I just got a new ntl:250 yesterday and I've had to turn the power on/off on my modem 4/5 times already!! Its so annoying, especially for gamers like myself. This is getting to be a joke...how can this be fixed? other than changing providers which I'm seriously considering lol.

Your_da
12-05-2006, 10:26
Mine been fine since my modem change, sorry I cnat be of any help

enjoymarcus
15-05-2006, 18:55
I seem to be having exactly the same problem as everyone else, why don't ntl fix this, its been over a week now.

K1CK_A55
15-05-2006, 20:01
Im having some major problems with my connection! On Thurs my connection dropped off randomly, tried the old rebooted and reset of the digibox, with no luck! didnt think much of it, so i left it over night and it was up and running again the next morning... Great!

.... until it happened again this Sat, but now its not coming back any more!! The connection appears to be ok, but if you watch the connection in the 'Network connection' window, you can see that it tries to aquire a new network address every 20-30 seconds. Tried repairing the connection so it reassigns the IP address, still no joy! Ive not made any changes to anything, no new programs installed recently, no spyware, it just started happening, Ive tried a system restore just incase... still no joy

I rang NTL yest, but apparently one of the systems was down so they couldnt do anything! Now im working shifts all week and Ive not got time to spend the obligatory 2 hours on the phone to NTL! Can anyone offer any advice?? or point me in the right direction?? Cheers.

Zee
16-05-2006, 14:20
The firmware upgrade on the 120 modems don't work at all, i got told that by an engineer, it'd cost them to much to upgrade everyone, but NTL say the firmware does work to fob you off ... demand a free upgraded modem to 250, if they have the money to hand out mad deals they have the money to give free replacement modems.

akane1984
17-05-2006, 09:15
ive been having the same trouble constantly having to take out modem plug and put back in again. how do i know/upgrade my modems firmware as iam using it via wireless router.

with xbox live and i download alot from bittorrent i have noticed quite alot of drops and i used to be able to leave downloads on all day in past without drop out.

Your_da
17-05-2006, 16:01
[quote=akane1984]ive been having the same trouble constantly having to take out modem plug and put back in again. how do i know/upgrade my modems firmware as iam using it via wireless router.

with xbox live and i download alot from bittorrent i have noticed quite alot of drops and i used to be able to leave downloads on all day in past without drop out.[/quote
]
Do you have the 120 or 250 modem? I was getting constant drops with the 120 modem, phoned tech support who booked an engineer and swapped it for the 250, cured all my problems

akane1984
17-05-2006, 16:58
i believe i have the 120

Zee
17-05-2006, 17:03
How strange is it that people on the 10MB service who are getting cut outs, all have 120 modems? Seems to be NTL bullsh*t when saying the 120 modems support the service.

akane1984
17-05-2006, 19:28
how do i go about upgrade in modem

Zee
17-05-2006, 19:31
how do i go about upgrade in modem

Call NTL customer service, say you're not going to pay for the modem, since you are paying for a service, which NTL's hardware can't deliver; this is what i'm going to do tomorrow.

mandrake
18-05-2006, 05:15
I had the problem with the modem cutting out on monday evening(NTL 250 up to 10mbps) At about 7pm.
Rang ts and was informed that the s/n ratiowas to high and that the problem was with the green street box,(makes a change from their usual comments about "its your computer thats at fault".
The connection finally returned about 10pm, although the syc and ready lights were flashing for a good 20 mins. Ran a speed test via the Cable Forum speed test and recieved the unlikely figure of 176mbps(it has now settled to a regular 7.76mbps as before it cut out).
With all this talk about firmware upgrades and bad patches what should the firmware be for the 250, mine reads:
Boot Code Version : 2.1.6d
Software Version : 2.94.1010
Hardware Version : 1.19

Bytecon
18-05-2006, 16:16
I'm having the same problem in Belfast here .. have the 120 modem, seems to cut out when DL at full speed it would seem. So the solution is to ring up and ask for a new modem?

Code601
18-05-2006, 18:48
It seems like the 10Mb people have more problems that the 2mbit, this problem is going to get a lot worse after june 1st :mad:.

What was wrong with the old firmware exactly?

James79
20-05-2006, 17:50
It seems that Im having the same problem as those described above - a random disconnection from the BB network!! Only problem is, Im not doing any downloading when this happens - just browsing??!! AND - the Modem reboots itself - ie the "Cable" light flashes for a while!!

At first, I thought that the problem was being caused by my Belkin Wireless Router, but this appears to have been wrong.

I finally got round to disconnecting the router this morning (to eliminate it as a possible cause). For most of the afternoon, there hadnt been any problem - I was beginning to think that it was the router.

Then, the connection dropped and the modem rebooted itself. Between 1715 and 1730, the modem rebooted 5 times.

So, what to do?? I have a Terayon Terajet TJ210 Cable Modem (probably an antique by now!!) Suppose if I were to call anyone, it would have to be Technical Support on that 6p per minute number??

I know that the Terayon can be tested using DOCSIS, but I havent a clue how to use this!! :dunce:

Oh, just as a matter of coincidence - Code 601 - Im in the BT36 area as well - so perhaps this is a network problem??? Do you have or did you have a Terayon when this problem started??

James

__spc__
20-05-2006, 18:51
How strange is it that people on the 10MB service who are getting cut outs, all have 120 modems? Seems to be NTL bullsh*t when saying the 120 modems support the service.

SN5 postcode, 10Mb fine for 10 days following upgrade from slower service, with 120 modem.

However, today & yesterday I've had frequent internet dropouts requiring power-down and -ups of my modem.

Hmmmph! My 12yr old is starting to get sh*tty with me!

rockabillybass
21-05-2006, 07:33
Then, the connection dropped and the modem rebooted itself. Between 1715 and 1730, the modem rebooted 5 times.

So, what to do?? I have a Terayon Terajet TJ210 Cable Modem (probably an antique by now!!) Suppose if I were to call anyone, it would have to be Technical Support on that 6p per minute number??

James

I'm on 1 meg with a terayon modem. It has been fine for years until about a month ago. Then I started getting very regular disconnections. It's been better for the last week or so but still cuts out occasionally.

Rik
21-05-2006, 08:28
Had major problems with this, modem was replaced for a NTL 250 and not had one problem since! :)

Anyone with a 120 and this issue demand a 250, whether or not you get it is a different story!

---------- Post added at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 ----------

I just got a new ntl:250 yesterday and I've had to turn the power on/off on my modem 4/5 times already!!

Hmm so perhaps a 250 doesnt solve everyones problems, did with mine tho and my 10Meg.

Code601
21-05-2006, 10:10
Oh, just as a matter of coincidence - Code 601 - Im in the BT36 area as well - so perhaps this is a network problem??? Do you have or did you have a Terayon when this problem started??

James

Ive got the silver ntl 100. The cutoffs dont seem to be as regular for me, usually less than one a day. Ring support!

akane1984
22-05-2006, 18:28
i can't even go on xbl at moment because everything just lags. my enet and u/s lights constantly flashin i can't remember whats normal

i ve ran alot of different website speed tests and am nowhere near 2mb connection.

tried takin modem/router plug out few times doesn't seem to have fixed it.

Simcut
22-05-2006, 19:27
Your_da how is your modem now?

basil
22-05-2006, 19:58
yup having some problem here.

lagging very badly and internet keeps getting cut of and then reconnecting.

Havn't been able to access google

sir_drinks_alot
22-05-2006, 21:47

YA got that here bbc and the times website are also playing up along with
msn

akane1984
22-05-2006, 22:07

is your modem lights going off and on when it resets.

Your_da
23-05-2006, 13:32
Your_da how is your modem now?

Hi, everything still fine here, I havent noticed one disconnect yet, saying that it could have disconnected during the night without me noticing.
Since the change of modem my connection has been perfect

akane1984
23-05-2006, 16:44
ok engineer changed my modem today to 250 agreed haven't had a dropout yet. but! my speed still isnt back to normal am on 2mb and webpages and file transfers are still at times crawling. i have done numerous speed tests all average round 750k on 2mb line.

sir_drinks_alot
24-05-2006, 02:01
just had a cut out ! i'm not happy !

Graham M
24-05-2006, 02:15
Everyones MSN went out a little while ago!!

James79
25-05-2006, 21:03
Ive got the silver ntl 100. The cutoffs dont seem to be as regular for me, usually less than one a day. Ring support!

Well!! I've finally had enough!! Came home this afternoon to find no internet connection at all - at best it was sluggish!! Complaints also coming from the house that they had been unable to go on the web all day.

Also had emailed NTL about the problem - response actually came (when I was able to check emails) that they couldnt deal with it over the email and advised me to contact them via the phone line.

So, I rang 0871 225 1111. Well - to my surprise, I got straight through .... to India (I assume). The "agent" listened to my complaint and he advsed me to open internet explorer to see what I got (by this time, I had a bit of an acceptable connection) - got the homepage. He then advised me to go to START>RUN>"www.bbc.com". Obviously, with the connection having come alive - I got the BBC homepage.

I was then informed, "you had a connection problem, but it has now been remedied". Now what sort of a fob off is that???? I told him that this is just a coincidence and that the connection could disappear again when I finished the call with him - I repeated that the problem was intermittant.

He then took a few details and that he would put me through to Engineer Bookings - after a while of listening to the usual NTL musak - he came on the line again, apologising that he could not get in contact with engineer bookings at this time, and whether I would like a call back.

I asked that the call be directed to my mobile phone (the number of which I had already given him). He agreed and said that I should receive a call within 24 - 48hours. That was only an hour ago, so Im still optimistic of receiving the call.

This was the first time in ages thats Ive had to contact ntl, but this experience did not fill me with confidence - I can only conclude that the outsourcing that has and is happening to NTL customer services is an tragedy for the business and the customers alike.

I'll update whenever I receive the call or whenever the 48 hours has run out - whichever is the earliest.

J

Druchii
26-05-2006, 01:31
See you in 48 hours then.

I honestly can't believe that that was the troubleshooting being given though... Very bad.

mob227
26-05-2006, 01:44
I am haveing a lot of problems tonight i have 10mb and ntl 250 modem in south wales near newport,

James79
28-05-2006, 10:50
See you in 48 hours then.

I honestly can't believe that that was the troubleshooting being given though... Very bad.

Well folks (Especially Druchii) - Hello again!!

Now your never gonna guess - NTL failed to call me back - so Im left here with a Sh**ty BB connection that disconnects every few minute!! And its getting a bit old now!! Im becoming wary of NTL and seriously contemplating leaving completely - so that would be my £90 odd a month going to some other deserving tv/telephone/broadband provider(s).

Think Im gonna sit down and write myself a letter (isnt that a song) :dozey:

Cos - you cant complain by email!! You have to phone them!! Whats that all about??!!

Anyhow, may give them another chance - phone them again after Tuesday (see the Service Status Page) as Engineer visits cannot be arranged before this time!! Dont think Id be askin for a call back though! Do you??

James79
28-05-2006, 19:36
Just noticed this in the event viewer. Could this have anything to do with connection loss???

The IP address lease xxx.xxx.x.2 for the Network Card with network address xxxxxxxxxxxx has been denied by the DHCP server xxx.xxx.x.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

As far as Im aware, the IP Address ending x.1 is that of the router. The one ending in x.2 is that of the first computer that was connected to it on that specific day.

:confused:

Druchii
29-05-2006, 02:03
Just noticed this in the event viewer. Could this have anything to do with connection loss??? As far as Im aware, the IP Address ending x.1 is that of the router. The one ending in x.2 is that of the first computer that was connected to it on that specific day. :confused: Yes, that can and will have everything to do with the disconnections. Whatever is dishing out the IP addresses to your internal network is messing up nicely. Try direct connecting the pc and seeing what happens again. You may notice alot less disocnnections, and in general it may just be a faulty router.

Oh, and you should know by now, you ring up and pay them to complain ;)

nadeem
29-05-2006, 11:19
OMG for the past 2 months my connection has been terrible. Losing connection every 1hr, slow the lot.
Tomorrow i'll give c/s a ring for compensation as im not getting my 2mb.
Ok ok i know full speed wont be available all the time but still shouldn't be slow all day 24/7 2 months???

James79
30-05-2006, 21:04
Just connected the PC directly to the cable modem and noticed in the Event Viewer, an error with the following details:

The IP address lease 192.168.2.2 for the Network Card with network address 0013200198D8 has been denied by the DHCP server 62.254.32.20 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Looking at this, and having traced the WHOIS of 62.254.32.20 (this belongs to NTL), I can only assume that the problem rests with NTL???

Just my thoughts!

James

Druchii
30-05-2006, 21:06
Just connected the PC directly to the cable modem and noticed in the Event Viewer, an error with the following details: Looking at this, and having traced the WHOIS of 62.254.32.20 (this belongs to NTL), I can only assume that the problem rests with NTL??? Just my thoughts! James Nope, that isn't correct, that's your NIC trying to ask for its old internal IP address back, it won't get it and NTL's servers assign a new one.

James79
30-05-2006, 21:26
Nope, that isn't correct, that's your NIC trying to ask for its old internal IP address back, it won't get it and NTL's servers assign a new one.

So, you reckon the problem doesnt rest with NTL?? I seriously am at a loss, cos I dont know where the problem is.

When setting up the wireless network, I followed the instructions to the letter thinking that nothing could go wrong!!

Any ideas where the problem lies with the wireless setup??

Druchii
30-05-2006, 21:33
So, you reckon the problem doesnt rest with NTL?? I seriously am at a loss, cos I dont know where the problem is. When setting up the wireless network, I followed the instructions to the letter thinking that nothing could go wrong!! Any ideas where the problem lies with the wireless setup?? To me the culprit is the router, it seems to totally mess things up. What router do you have and how old is it?

It's actually quite normal for a NIC to attempt to use it's old address again, especially if it's within its lease time. Thinking about it is the NIC set to automatically use a certain IP or to let the DHCP do all the work?

When directly connected do you get disconnected as much as before?

James79
30-05-2006, 22:23
I have a Belkin Router F5D7231-4P. I bought it about 2 months ago from PC World.

The NIC (not the router) is a Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller, and does appear to be set up to let DHCP do all the work. (How can I tell this for sure?) Within the Properties for this device, I notice (under the Advanced Tab) a property entitled - 802.1p QoS - this is set as "disable". Now, I dont pretend to know what this means, but I dont think that this would be causing the problem.

Also, I dont appear to be getting disconnected half as much as when Im connected through the router.

James

Rohan
31-05-2006, 01:52
I have a very similar router (Belkin F5D7230) and NTL 2Mbit broadband, it works fine. Try rebooting the router, that should fix any DHCP errors.

If you log into the router on 192.168.2.1 you should see all of the settings. I have had problems in the past with interference messing things up, changing the wireless channel to "1" from the default "11" fixed that.

I would also try disabling the wireless card in your computer and connect it to one of the LAN sockets on the router with an ethernet cable. That way you eliminate any reliability issues of wireless but still keep the router in place which should help you find out if it is at fault.

tony
31-05-2006, 11:17
I have been losing connection intermittently for the last few days, newsgroups email and internet drop out for about 2 minutes. Tried the usual reboot etc.
No router just ethernet/terrayon modem.

James79
31-05-2006, 22:04
I have a very similar router (Belkin F5D7230) and NTL 2Mbit broadband, it works fine. Try rebooting the router, that should fix any DHCP errors.

If you log into the router on 192.168.2.1 you should see all of the settings. I have had problems in the past with interference messing things up, changing the wireless channel to "1" from the default "11" fixed that.

I would also try disabling the wireless card in your computer and connect it to one of the LAN sockets on the router with an ethernet cable. That way you eliminate any reliability issues of wireless but still keep the router in place which should help you find out if it is at fault.

Tried what you recommended re: rebooting, changing channels etc - still rebooting itself (whether or not the modem is causing this??)

Regardless, I actually got a call back from NTL today - albeit almost a week later!!! We have arranged that an engineer will call between 5pm and 8pm on Friday evening! They actually offered an appointment for between now (1330) and 1800 today!! Unfortunately, I was in work and things have been really busy, so I couldnt take the time off at such short notice!!

Anyhow, roll on Friday - anyhow, maybe the Engineer will be nice (and knows something about Wireless networks too!!?? What are the chances though (so late on a Friday)??!!

James

James79
02-06-2006, 18:51
Well, as stated previously, arrangements had been made for an engineer to call between 5pm and 8pm today. I had decided to leave work at around 4pm, just to make sure I was there.

Got a phone call at 2.30pm (when I was in a meeting) from home saying that the Engineer had just rang to say that he would be there soon - in fact he arrived at some time after 3pm.

He didnt have to do much - said that without testing the whole thing - he knew it would be the Terajet Modem. Apparently, with the approaching updates, NTL had updated the firmware of all modems - this (for some reason) failed to work with the terayon modems, so they roled back the firmware, and broke them all. Thats what he said anyway!!

So, the Terajet has been replaced by a nice little NTL 250. As yet - no connection losses and the internet seems to be an awful lot faster than it ever was before.

If you've got a Terayon Modem and are having connection problems, my advice would be to report it to faults, persevere with the outsourced customer services and see if they can arrange an engineer to call!

James

Druchii
02-06-2006, 20:51
Ahh... So the router is the good point :)

Glad you got it sorted there mate :D

68th
02-06-2006, 21:38
I dont believe what is going on. A modem has one job, sending and receiving information, so why does NTL have such a hard time with such a simple thing. Ntl is a major company, so how can we all be in this situation. Someone should get this on watchdog lol.

Last week I went through a good spell where my modem didnt cut out once, but this week has been another story. I've just had to turn my modem off/on five minutes ago! and a half hour before that!

Enuff
03-06-2006, 15:56
It's effecting quite a few people, my ntl:250 has been offline twice today, the last time it took about an hour to kick back in. I'm in Manchester North on the 10mb.