PDA

View Full Version : Scam?

Mr_love_monkey
05-05-2006, 07:03
I won something on ebay, which has cost £4.99.. and yesterday I got this email from the seller...

Hi there

My paypal account has been frozen the third time in 10 days for no apparent reason. It looks likely that this time I will be unable to re-active the account so I will be unable to accept paypal payments. I was alarmed to learn that I am but one of many thousands - see http://www.paypalsucks.com/ and read the former employee section. There a a couple more refunds still to go through so if you have paid via paypal already you will be receiving a refund tonight - if I can withdraw I'm not letting paypal keep it.

If you still want to complete the transaction you can do so by paying online by debit or credit card by crediting my new nochex account †“ *******@yahoo.co.uk using the following link https://www.nochex.com/quicksend/ Please include a message with the ebay auction number and title to avoid any mix ups.

Sorry for the inconvenience but it is completely beyond my control and completely unfair treatment by paypal. I am doing all I can to keep up my side of the transaction.

Please let me know if you are in a hurry for an exam you are about to take and Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ll email the PDFs. Also please note that those not wishing to complete the transaction will not be left any negative feedback †“ I fully understand that you may wish not to proceed without using paypal (although Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ll still urge you read the testimonials on http://www.paypalsucks.com/ to safe guard yourself later on).

Thank you for your patience. Hopefully we can still proceed.

The guy has a feedback score of 14, all positive, some from people that have a score of 200+

I just find am a bit weary of this.... though nochex is well known..

Xaccers
05-05-2006, 07:09
Can you contact ebay regarding this and see if there is any reason why he shouldn't be trusted in light of his paypal account freeze?

Chris W
05-05-2006, 08:25
Well Nochex is a reliable way to send money, not scam related...

but checking what is going on with ebay (if they'll tell you anything) might be a good idea :)

Jules
05-05-2006, 10:17
As long as you get the refund from Pay pal first I see no reason not to go ahead with it

danielf
05-05-2006, 10:46
The item is £4.99. If it is a scam, it is a pretty petty one. I doubt someone would risk his/her rating over £4.99, but I might be wrong :shrug:

TheBlueRaja
05-05-2006, 14:41
Please let me know if you are in a hurry for an exam you are about to take and Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ll email the PDFs.

Aww aye! :p: Wonder what your buying?

It depends on how desperate you are for the item, £4.99 aint that much really to loose if it is.

Paypal is the Scam if you ask me.

Damien
05-05-2006, 14:55
People have been known to use the pay pal sucks website to convince users they are geniune.

Mr_love_monkey
05-05-2006, 21:18
Aww aye! :p: Wonder what your buying?

It's some revision notes, actually :p: :)

It depends on how desperate you are for the item, £4.99 aint that much really to loose if it is.
Paypal is the Scam if you ask me.
Yeah, I was thinking that it's only 5 quid, and it's a lot of hassle for someone to rip me off for it... but it's the principle :)

aliferste
06-05-2006, 09:51
But then if it is 20 folk with 5 quid then it all mounts up. Remember with nochex you dont have the same protection.

If you get the refund I would blank him !