PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing help needed

Mike
04-05-2006, 09:27
Hi all

I have a big problemââ‚à ‚¬Ã‚¦Ã¢Ãà ‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¦ÃƒÆ ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ ’‚¦Ã¢âââ⠀šÂ¬Ã…¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦Ãƚ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚à ‚¦my comb boiler seems to have a fault. Hot water is intermittent and the radiators do not seems to work.

There are two dial on the boiler one is water pressure which is reading 2 and the other which I am not sure what it is is not reading at all.

Any ideas on what the fault is and how to fix itââ‚ ¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢Ã ¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦ÃƆ™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãâ₠¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÆ’¢ââ€à …¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦I am getting desperate.

Thanks

Mike

bopdude
04-05-2006, 09:34
Hi all

I have a big problem……………my comb boiler seems to have a fault. Hot water is intermittent and the radiators do not seems to work.

There are two dial on the boiler one is water pressure which is reading 2 and the other which I am not sure what it is is not reading at all.

Any ideas on what the fault is and how to fix it…………I am getting desperate.

Thanks

Mike
Not sure mate, my combi has a reset setting on one of the dials, have you tried that ? The water pressure sounds ok so I would have thought that was out of the equation ( guessing ) Are there any markings on the second dial ?
What make of boiler is it ?

gaffer_gump
04-05-2006, 09:35
Its not really summat you want to be messin with, even if you think you have mended it with you not havin the correct testin equipment you could very easy have a house full of dangerous emissions..

The only advise I can give you is turn the bugger off till someone tells you it's safe.

Cold water is a tad better than dead.. :(

homealone
04-05-2006, 09:57
My combi has two dials, one for water pressure & the other for temperature. Pressure, for mine, should be between 1.5 & 2.0 bar, so that sounds ok.

To be honest, beyond checking that the pressure is ok & that all the radiators are bled & not airlocked you can't do anything yourself & will have to get a Corgi registered engineer out to look at it. It won't be cheap, unfortunately.

Mike
04-05-2006, 10:09
Just found out the second dial is a Flow Thermometer if that helps !

homealone
04-05-2006, 10:29
Just found out the second dial is a Flow Thermometer if that helps !

Combi boilers are incredibly complicated, we have a service contract on ours & over the last 15 years it has had just about every part replaced. Seeing as you report that both the hot water & the heating are not working properly it sounds like something actually needs fixing - there isn't anything really 'adjustable' beyond the gas pressure to the burner.

One guess would be that the pressure sensor in the exhaust flue is faulty, which would prevent the main burner from working properly, but it really is something that needs a professional to look at.