PDA

View Full Version : Quick business/legal question

greencreeper
02-05-2006, 23:17
I'm looking at a report from Companies House - doing a bit of digging on the landlord. It says "F/H K/A" then gives my address. I can't for the life of me work out what those abbreviations mean :( Does anyone know?

Chris W
03-05-2006, 00:28
Can't find any information on this at all...
only things i can think of are f/h being family housing, or former homeowner, but nothing on the k/a though....

:shrug:

---------- Post added at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Thinking about it, there has been recent legislation which requires landlords to be registered- might be something to do with this. can't find any information about it atm though

Scrubbs
03-05-2006, 01:57
could be "Knowm Address" but I am only guessing:)

greencreeper
03-05-2006, 08:42
Same here Chris - tried everything to find out what they mean.

It appears immediately before my address in the "short particulars" section of the "Outstanding charge details" and has "Form type: 395". I tried looking for notes on completing that form, thinking that the abbreviations might be in there. No joy. I'm not sure if they're specific to the form, or just general abbreviations. Might have to email Companies House :scratch:

andygrif
03-05-2006, 09:21
Give them a call. As you're a paying customer they will be happy to help you/ Don't have the number to hand, but it's on the Companies House website.

greencreeper
03-05-2006, 23:07
Give them a call. As you're a paying customer they will be happy to help you/ Don't have the number to hand, but it's on the Companies House website.
Well I paid them a £1 for the document :D It's the landlord - it's actually a company that owns this house (I rent it), rather than an individual. The company has two directors, one of which is the secretary. Only own this house and another.

patrickp
04-05-2006, 00:18
F/H could be freeholder, I suppose...

greencreeper
04-05-2006, 09:06
F/H could be freeholder, I suppose...
Yeah - that crossed my mind, but I've only heard that phrase used in relation to public houses. I do have a stock of Smirnoff Ice and assorted spirits :erm: :D

bopdude
04-05-2006, 09:23
I'm looking at a report from Companies House - doing a bit of digging on the landlord. It says "F/H K/A" then gives my address. I can't for the life of me work out what those abbreviations mean :( Does anyone know?

Found a mention of F/H here (http://www.leics.gov.uk/index/business/commercial_industrial_property/prop_asset_man_index/prop_asset_man_appendix_e.htm) mentions freehold, still looking for K/A

Aragorn
04-05-2006, 09:35
K/A can be an abbrevation of Known As -
possibly listing the asset 'Freehold Known As'?

bopdude
04-05-2006, 09:44
K/A can be an abbrevation of Known As -
possibly listing the asset 'Freehold Known As'?

Yeah, digging around Google says the same thing for me, oh well, time for bed ( nightshift workers, who'd have them :rolleyes: :D )

greencreeper
04-05-2006, 22:50
Hmmm :scratch: I Googled "freehold" and it basically means a house that is owned. Bloody lawyers for you - just have to use big words. So, I think you've cracked it :D Mucho thanks.