PDA

View Full Version : Angry friend - please help!

Chimaera
28-11-2003, 21:07
I know you are probably all sick of ntl moaning stories - but here is another one posted on behalf of my friend - who cannot post because her BB connection has gone. I only have sketchy details at the moment.
3 weeks ago her BB connection failed. After chatting to CS they sent a technician round who said the wrong thickness cable had been laid orignally and therefore she was not getting a strong enough signal. Arrangements were made for an engineer to call, and they duly arrived (last Monday, 24th Nov).
On checking the cable they could not even determine which end of the street the cable was connected, despite being told my my mate's dad who had seen them install it a few months ago! Anyway after the usual b/s they said there was nothing wrong with the cable, came into the house, messed around with the STB, announced that everything was now fixed and left PDQ. So quick, in fact, that my mate's dad did not have time to check the computer - and when he did - nothing! He got onto ntl who said there was nothing they could do, as far as they were concerned an engineer had visited and said the fault was corrected. And it will be another 4 weeks before they can send anyone out again!
She is understandably VERY angry, ntl's attitude seems to be 'tough', meanwhile is left with no computer!
Any suggestions/names to contact, anyone?
Thank you!! :)

Neil
28-11-2003, 21:37
Chim-PM me your friend's postcode, & I will give you a direct contact E-Mail address for someone nice & high within ntl.

homealone
28-11-2003, 21:40
Have to say that sounds terrible, Chimaera, 4 weeks wait for an engineer is ridiculous. The connection is not working - imo, even if they have already had a visit, the problem should be raised as a fresh fault?:(

Chimaera
28-11-2003, 21:47
Thanks Neil - PM'd you.

Homealone - they are adamant that they have been out and 'sorted' it - so they evidently don't see it as a priority! :rolleyes:
Think she has resorted to dailup in the meantime - but it's not ideal!
She'a also thinking of dumping all her ntl gear in the garden and tellling them to come and shift it - after cancelling her DD of course!

homealone
28-11-2003, 22:03
Thanks Neil - PM'd you.

Homealone - they are adamant that they have been out and 'sorted' it - so they evidently don't see it as a priority! :rolleyes:
Think she has resorted to dailup in the meantime - but it's not ideal!
She'a also thinking of dumping all her ntl gear in the garden and tellling them to come and shift it - after cancelling her DD of course!

I always assumed CS could check whether a connection was live, or not, if it's as dead as you describe, then I'm surprised they can't detect that?

Anyway, lets hope Neils contacts can help.:)

Chimaera
28-11-2003, 22:13
Well I don't hold out much hope of CS being able to detect much - if the engineers couldn't even decide which end of the street she was connected to it doesn't say much for any of their diagnostic skills full stop!! :rofl:

homealone
28-11-2003, 22:23
Well I don't hold out much hope of CS being able to detect much - if the engineers couldn't even decide which end of the street she was connected to it doesn't say much for any of their diagnostic skills full stop!! :rofl:

I would have loved to see their job instructions;) - it sounds to me like they turned up & suddenly realised they were supposed to do a cable pull and bottled it. - I'm glad you can still laugh:)

Chimaera
28-11-2003, 22:29
Yes Gaz - I think that's exactly what happened.

Especially as they were supposed to turn up 'after 12' - and arrived after 4 - so must have been getting too dark by then anyway! ;) And they made a point of saying that when that job was finished they would be going back to the depot and home - I rest my case!! :D

homealone
28-11-2003, 23:03
Yes Gaz - I think that's exactly what happened.

Especially as they were supposed to turn up 'after 12' - and arrived after 4 - so must have been getting too dark by then anyway! ;) And they made a point of saying that when that job was finished they would be going back to the depot and home - I rest my case!! :D

when we first got connected (TV & phone), we had a 'construction fault' - we were Diamond Cable, back then. The first visit to 'sort' the problem resulted in a bale out by the team sent - same scenario, supposed to be there lunchtime, turned up when it was going dark - bottled - at least they were up-front & told us it wasn't going to happen & no BS about fiddling with the stb.

- thing was, they reported it as a failed install - one hour later a supervisor was knocking on our door - long time ago, but iirc it was about 2 days later, certainly less than a week, that we were sorted.:)

Chimaera
28-11-2003, 23:12
Aaahhhhhh - the good old days eh, Gaz?? :D

Hopefully a sharp e-mail on Monday morning should do the trick - failing that they get to collect their soggy equipment from her front garden anytime after Monday - and they lose a phone (2 lines)/tv/bb customer too!

Florence
28-11-2003, 23:37
I wonder if the length of waiting for engineers will increase as the new redundancies take hold. You can't keep lossing workers and increasing the customers without some problems showing.

Chimaera
28-11-2003, 23:43
I wonder if the length of waiting for engineers will increase as the new redundancies take hold. You can't keep lossing workers and increasing the customers without some problems showing.
Well at this rate she won't get it sorted by Christmas then! :eek:

Oh, and they will lose yet another customer too! :rolleyes:

Bill Payer
29-11-2003, 00:06
Send a polite,but firm email,to the relevant person listed here;http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/?page=info
It's worked when I've had problems.