PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of ?

Druchii
30-04-2006, 00:52
Ok, help me people, what are the chances of breaking bones in my hand af6er punching a door off its hinges in my rage ? I've just done it and my hand is nubed and i can't move my finger next to my ittle finger on my right hand. its all red. n i'm worried now.

Should i go to the doctors or hospital or what ?

Graham M
30-04-2006, 00:53
I'd go to A&E, my girlfriend did the same thing to a brick wall which stayed promptly still (nothing to do with me :)) and her hand is pretty buggered up. Go get it checked.

Druchii
30-04-2006, 00:55
I'd go to A&E, my girlfriend did the same thing to a brick wall which stayed promptly still (nothing to do with me :)) and her hand is pretty buggered up. Go get it checked. I can't ge to anywhere though.

---------- Post added at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

Update, i can feel my finger again, feels ok, well, a little hurting but ok

nffc
30-04-2006, 01:06
Right... take some pain killers (provided you're not allergic to them, ibuprofen/nurofen or aspirin should be best) and if it's bad in the morning, go A+E.

Possible it could just be swollen but you'd need an x-ray to see if it was broken or not.

And of course, it's impossible even for someone like Salu to give a proper diagnosis on here.

Druchii
30-04-2006, 01:15
I just took some Co-Codamol, seem to have worked in the past. N about 3 pints of water.

I think i will sleep on it, and see what its like in the morning, it's alot less red now, but still swolln and aches.

MovedGoalPosts
30-04-2006, 02:00
A bit of ice will help minimise some of the swelling - bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel could work well (don't hold a froxen opbject directly against skin for any length of time)

AndrewJ
30-04-2006, 02:45
Could just be some internal bruising.

I agree with other posts some ice on it perhaps get a bag of peas and put a towel over it to ease the impact of the frozen item onto your damaged skin.

greencreeper
30-04-2006, 03:41
Lot of bones in a hand - many quite small. Best to have it checked out, just in case. As Saxo says, frozen peas over the hand (peas are good as oppose to, say, sprouts because the peas are small and the bag moulds to the shape of the body part) and some Ibuprofen should help. All that said, had a friend years ago who punched a front door a few times and other than a puffy painful hand for a while, suffered no obvious ill effects.

Druchii
30-04-2006, 13:14
Lot of bones in a hand - many quite small. Best to have it checked out, just in case. As Saxo says, frozen peas over the hand (peas are good as oppose to, say, sprouts because the peas are small and the bag moulds to the shape of the body part) and some Ibuprofen should help. All that said, had a friend years ago who punched a front door a few times and other than a puffy painful hand for a while, suffered no obvious ill effects. Woke up this morning and my hand seems perfectly fine, no pain, no aches no redness or swelling. I htink i'll take my chances and say i'm fine. My hands not out of shape nor are my knuckles or fingers.

Thankyou everyone for your help... Oh, and i screwe4d the door back onto its hinges and it's fine now.