PDA

View Full Version : ex WWE star Billy Kidman in Maesteg

Russ
28-04-2006, 23:21
Fantastic show put on by ProPowerWrestling in Maesteg Town Hall tonight, attendance around 150 to 200 which is excellent for a small independant promotion.

Excellent matches put on and the place totally marked out when Kidman came to the ring. After the show he posed for pictures and signed anything put in front of him.

Great night had by all!

Druchii
29-04-2006, 00:03
Still remember him in WCW...

kronas
29-04-2006, 00:06
Still remember him in WCW...

he was in raven's 'flock' i think, those were the days :)

Druchii
29-04-2006, 00:44
he was in raven's 'flock' i think, those were the days :) Yep, those were the days, i used to tune into the free movie channel on Analogue, bloody great :)
It got cut off at 10pm every night but it started at 9... I used to tape it as 9 was my bedtime back then :(

TheBlueRaja
29-04-2006, 00:53
You do know this is fake right - you've paid money to watch a guy in tights...

Latent tendencies...

Druchii
29-04-2006, 00:54
You do know this is fake right - you've paid money to watch a guy in tights... Latent tendencies... Yes we know it's fake... What makes it more funny however is that i recall many signs at the WCW matches stating "WWF IS FAKE"

kronas
29-04-2006, 01:04

Latent tendencies...

i looks to look at it as art, the way people fly though the air, the moves, athleticism is natural to some of the guys who work these shows, some such as AJ styles in TNA, if you get to watch these people who are gifted then you can truely appreciate that people get hurt in a variety of ways.

Nidge
29-04-2006, 06:26
I can't understand for the life of me is why people pay to see wrestling?

Russ
29-04-2006, 09:35

Sometimes women in tights too ;)

I can't understand for the life of me is why people pay to see wrestling?

It's mainly kids around the ages of 11 to 13, funnily enough the same demograph who go and watch panto at Christmas, as you can draw a lot of parallels. No-one thinks it's a legitimate sport and it's not marketed that way either. PPW is sports entertainment - the guys are athletes, no doubt about that and the bumps are very real too. You can practise 'falling' but it's still going to hurt. I spoke to the promotor again this morning who told me the attendance was more than 250 and all of them enjoyed what they saw last night. That's the key: sports entertainment.

BigDave1
29-04-2006, 13:32
Pro Wrestling is brilliant, I has so much depth, great characters. The business side is interesting.

Sure, it is "fake", but who cares? Most fans are educated enough to know it isn't real.

jtwn
29-04-2006, 16:38
So wrestling is fake. Right, well there has to be a good storyline between the characters instead. WWF use to be good this way a couple of years ago, but now, its just ****.

Russ
29-04-2006, 16:40
So wrestling is fake. Right, well there has to be a good storyline between the characters instead. WWF use to be good this way a couple of years ago, but now, its just ****.

It's also now WWE ;)

kronas
29-04-2006, 17:20

what russ said :D

seriously though your right, i started watching it near the end of the 'attitude' era, those days were better than now, its more of a soap opera, still has it comedic moments, but degenration X were the best at entertaining people, the nation of domination was also a very talented group of individuals, mick foley being pushed off a steel cage in to an announce table which was never supposed to happen i heard :p:

Russ
29-04-2006, 17:23
mick foley being dropped off a steel cage in to an announce table :p:

That's the one clip I'd like to show people who think it's all fake :D

kronas
29-04-2006, 17:37
warning graphic footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPHPO1gKh1w&search=mick%20foley

foley going through a cage, off of the cage through announce table, and on to a bed of thumbtacks.

hes also taking a number of shots to the body from a two by four with barbed wire.

all shown a few times plus more in this tribute video.

EDIT: a nice piledriver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs2wjywrGAk&search=mick%20foley

EDIT 2:

terry funk gets flaming chaired literally :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXpjWbJ_CEc&search=mick%20foley

if offended then apologies to the mods